PDA

View Full Version : Packers file tampering charges against Vikings

Soop
07-16-2008, 07:20 PM
As the days roll by, the Brett Favre saga seems to get stranger and stranger. Now the soap opera has shifted to a new level.

In the latest twist, the Packers have filed tampering charges with the league office against the Minnesota Vikings for alleged communication with Favre, still technically a member of Green Bay, FOXSports.com has learned. The league, according to a source, is currently in information-gathering mode, speaking to members of both teams.

The Vikings were informed late last week that the allegation is that Favre has had inappropriate dialogue with Minnesota offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a close Favre friend and former assistant coach with the Packers. Favre has sought his release from Green Bay and several rumors have swirled that Minnesota is his targeted landing place, largely due to his relationship with Bevell.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8351554?MSNHPHMA

Soop
07-16-2008, 07:21 PM
Those damn Vikes! :mad:

I don't know how they're going to prove it.

twelvePack
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Now that poster knows why Childress came out and said the Vikings weren't interested in Favre, haha. I knew that statement was a line of BS.

servais77
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
This keeps getting weirder.

XJW18
07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
those Bastards!!

Soop
07-16-2008, 08:15 PM
This keeps getting weirder.
Yes, that's what I said earlier to my co-worker.

those Bastards!!

:hi5:

socalpkrbkr
07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Who called who? Sure hope it wasn't Brett calling them.

Brett, just bring your ****ing *** to camp and we can settle this **** there.

hughest4
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Well, i'm glad that the tampering charges were filed against the Vikings if the tampering did indeed occur. Its against the rules to do something like that and if its true they will most likely be punished. I think a team this year lost a draft choice because of it

JJohnson0522
07-16-2008, 08:39 PM
First out to dinner with the bucs owner and now chatting late nights with Bevell....

Looks like Favre has his mind completely made up this time...

newdude
07-16-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't think anything will happen to the Vikes, but this keeps getting more intriguing, even though its the Vikes...

robdizzle3
07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Who called who? Sure hope it wasn't Brett calling them.

Brett, just bring your ****ing *** to camp and we can settle this **** there.

Exactly and thats what I have been saying all long.Brett just need to come in and show the Pack he isthe better man and make them regret not taking him back.If the Vikes were to get Favre he would take them tothe super bowl and would probably win another title because of the defense and running game they have up there.We cant let him go to the Vikes and I would rather see him with the Bears then Minny

iam brett favre
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
:shrug: who knows anymore

Soop
07-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, i'm glad that the tampering charges were filed against the Vikings if the tampering did indeed occur. Its against the rules to do something like that and if its true they will most likely be punished. I think a team this year lost a draft choice because of it

The 49ers lost twice with linebacker Lance Briggs, failing to sign him in free agency and forfeiting their fifth-round draft pick in the draft after Commissioner Roger Goodell determined that the Niners had tampered with Briggs, a violation of league rules. The 49ers and the Bears also exchanged their picks in the third round, giving the Bears San Francisco's seventh pick, while the Niners got the Bears' pick at No. 12.

OnWisconsin2007
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Take that Vikings fans! lol.

blom85
07-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Pack can't prove nothing :silly:

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 12:53 AM

The fact that they're being looked at is proof enough for me. They will find the dirt and we will be compensated.

Brendan
07-17-2008, 01:29 AM
No they wont be able to prove it. They will ask Favre if he talked to him. Favre will say yeah he is my good friend. And then say from what i heard Childress said that Tarvaris Jackson is their QB.

To the bigger picture. If Favre is talking to Bevell, and he wants to be released, and they are good friends.... Mayb Brett wants to play in Minny? You guys better not release him or you'll see him twice a year :D

darwin31
07-17-2008, 01:41 AM
The fact that they're being looked at is proof enough for me. They will find the dirt and we will be compensated.

I think its a genius move by Thompson. The vikes have to be the #1 team he would not want to see Favre go to. Filing this claim, regardless of whether or not there is any truth to it, makes it almost impossible for the vikes to sign him. Unless someone taped the conversation, the pack cant prove that it was tampering but the vikes cant prove that it wasnt either.

Solid move by Thompson, to bad packer fans want him fired.

BTW, if it was tampering, GB will not be compensated, vikes just loose a pick.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 01:47 AM
I think its a genius move by Thompson. The vikes have to be the #1 team he would not want to see Favre go to. Filing this claim, regardless of whether or not there is any truth to it, makes it almost impossible for the vikes to sign him. Unless someone taped the conversation, the pack cant prove that it was tampering but the vikes cant prove that it wasnt either.

As much as you want to believe TT is that smart, he isn't. I told you yesterday that Childress's statment was a line of BS, and now you should know why he issued it.

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 02:52 AM
This was just Thompson's retaliation to Favre's recent interview to try and make him look bad to Packer fans. This needs to stop, and the only person that can put an end to this is Teddy. It should have been handled already.

APostingGod™
07-17-2008, 03:25 AM
We would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids and their talking dog.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:14 AM

Actually when the 49ers were guilty of tampering they were forced to lose a pick AND swap picks with the Bears in the third round.

SamG187
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Actually when the 49ers were guilty of tampering they were forced to lose a pick AND swap picks with the Bears in the third round.

When did they make that ruling tho after the season? Because with the swapping thing or what ever, he couldnt make that decision now and we swap picks, because MAYBE and this is a huge maybe they do better than us, and then we get screwed, so I dont see us getting a ruling on this for quite some time

Packer92
07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
the sports talk guys seem to think that the past month was just a ploy to suck the Vikings in and to cost them draft picks. They were like Favre has owned us since Childress came in and now he raped us again without throwing a pass.

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
We would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids and their talking dog.

:laugh::silly::laugh:

gbaypack31
07-17-2008, 01:14 PM
This was just Thompson's retaliation to Favre's recent interview to try and make him look bad to Packer fans. This needs to stop, and the only person that can put an end to this is Teddy. It should have been handled already.

He did a pretty good job on his own making himself look bad in the interview being handfed questions by his wife's good friend greta.

Soop
07-17-2008, 01:59 PM

No they wont be able to prove it. They will ask Favre if he talked to him. Favre will say yeah he is my good friend. And then say from what i heard Childress said that Tarvaris Jackson is their QB.

Read below.

The Packers reportedly believe taped phone calls submitted to the NFL office will reveal "more than normal contact" between Favre and Vikings offensive
coordinator Darrell Bevell.

Looks like someone is going to be losing draft picks. :o

Soop
07-17-2008, 02:00 PM
Double post.

Soop
07-17-2008, 05:35 PM

Guess again

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 05:43 PM
Read below.

Looks like someone is going to be losing draft picks. :o

How can they have taped phone calls? Ask yourself that? Do they have Favre's cell tapped, or the office phones at the Vikings headquarters tapped? It is absolutely impossible for the Packers to have these tapes, without doing some major wrong doing themselves.

cwilson21
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
How can they have taped phone calls? Ask yourself that? Do they have Favre's cell tapped, or the office phones at the Vikings headquarters tapped? It is absolutely impossible for the Packers to have these tapes, without doing some major wrong doing themselves.

That's exactly what I was thinking. How the hell could they have taped phone calls without doing any wrong.

Skywatcher
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM

Phones at the Packers' offices I'd expect. Apparently the Vikings were inquiring about his availability after Favre called Bevell.

Soop
07-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Maybe Bill Belichick was involved? :laugh2:

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Maybe Bill Belichick was involved? :laugh2:

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Soop
07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

TwelvePack, I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Belichick is a mofo ninja.

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Have a look at this:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/17/packers-think-they-have-the-goods-on-the-vikes/

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Favre used a team-provided cell phone to make the call? How dumb could you be? Was he trying to get the Vikes in trouble?

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Favre used a team-provided cell phone to make the call? How dumb could you be? Was he trying to get the Vikes in trouble?

I really hope so but at this point my logic is telling me no.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah I don't think that's actually a possibility, I don't think Favre would be the type to try and do something like that and hurt another organization off of the field. It's just funny to me that he used the team-provided cell phone. That's either really stupid or he didn't realize it was potentially tampering.

Soop
07-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Was he trying to get the Vikes in trouble?

I doubt it. I just don't think he thought it through. :bang:

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 07:17 PM
This whole Brett Favre thing is ****ing embarrassing:sigh:

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 07:21 PM

Well yeah, they have records that show call records, but they don't contain voice data. All the Packers can prove is how many times Favre called Bevell, but they are friends so they can't prove the nature of the conversation.

Soop
07-17-2008, 07:31 PM
All the Packers can prove is how many times Favre called Bevell, but they are friends so they can't prove the nature of the conversation.

And we’re hearing unconfirmed rumors that the list of calls made and received by Favre on his Packer-provided cell phone contained other numbers. And that one of the numbers (again, unconfirmed) could belong to phone belonging to Brad Childress, head coach of the Vikings.

Because Childress and Favre have no prior relationship, any discussions between the two of them would be suspicious, to say the least. Especially if the communications occurred after a multiple days of multiple discussions between Favre and Bevell.

Meanwhile, the Vikings have been eerily silent regarding the situation. And that could be because they fear that their nuts are in a vise on this one.
It's going to be hard for them to get out of this one. :nod:

blom85
07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Even if this is proven true... who cares? At worst we lose a ****** draft pick, the Vikings had there best offseason this year and we only had 1 pick in the first 4 rounds. :cool:

Soop
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Even if this is proven true... who cares? At worst we lose a ****** draft pick, the Vikings had there best offseason this year and we only had 1 pick in the first 4 rounds. :cool:

Yeah, who cares? :rolleyes: I don't, actually I'm glad you're getting penalized. If this is found out to be true, it's much worse than a draft pick. Jared Allen/Bernard Berrian isn't going to give you an automatic bid at the Superbowl. Btw, the Cowboys had the best offseason IMO.

SiteWolf
07-17-2008, 08:55 PM
hell, for all we know the only thing that happened was that Brett's daughter called Brad's son just to chat...

Soop
07-17-2008, 09:00 PM
hell, for all we know the only thing that happened was that Brett's daughter called Brad's son just to chat...

I have $1,000,000 that wasn't the case. :rolleyes:

SiteWolf
07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I have $1,000,000 that wasn't the case. :rolleyes:

lets' see the million! :p

Soop
07-17-2008, 09:18 PM
lets' see the million! :p

click here to see the money (http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/sooper44/?action=view&current=Picture162.jpg)

There's your million, now show me proof Brad Childress and Brett Favre's kids talked. I win. :rock:

cwilson21
07-17-2008, 11:30 PM
It's going to be hard for them to get out of this one. :nod:

It'll be hard for them to get out of it if they prove that one of the numbers belong to Childress.

Soop
07-17-2008, 11:33 PM
It'll be hard for them to get out of it if they prove that one of the numbers belong to Childress.

It's not just Childress, it's others as well.

blom85
07-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Yeah, who cares? :rolleyes: I don't, actually I'm glad you're getting penalized. If this is found out to be true, it's much worse than a draft pick. Jared Allen/Bernard Berrian isn't going to give you an automatic bid at the Superbowl. Btw, the Cowboys had the best offseason IMO.

The Cowboys huh? Okay they grabbed a washed up LB and an immature CB who hasn't played in a year? Your clueless dude, at worse we will lose a 4th or 5th round pick and you guys act like you hit the powerball. I'm glad the Vike's talked to Favre, look what it's now doing to the entire Packer organization and there not even gonna prove this, I feel bad for Rodger's though, his 1st game starting happens to be on primetime television against the best Defense in the league. Should be fun. :smoking:

twelvePack
07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
The Cowboys huh? Okay they grabbed a washed up LB and an immature CB who hasn't played in a year? Your clueless dude, at worse we will lose a 4th or 5th round pick and you guys act like you hit the powerball. I'm glad the Vike's talked to Favre, look what it's now doing to the entire Packer organization and there not even gonna prove this, I feel bad for Rodger's though, his 1st game starting happens to be on primetime television against the best Defense in the league. Should be fun. :smoking:

How do you figure you have the best D in the league???? You had the WORST pass defense in the league last year, yeah the WORST.

nstachowski
07-18-2008, 02:03 AM
yea i think that he took it a LITTLE bit outta hand there lol

Soop
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM

:laugh2: I don't know where to start, I could easily tear this post completely apart.

meandering
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
How do you figure you have the best D in the league???? You had the WORST pass defense in the league last year, yeah the WORST.

They figure they have the whole Baltimore theory going on.

First off they don't have the Corners.

Secondly. the QB will have to prove he can throw against 8 men in the box.....

and as exciting as Rice looks......Ferguson flat out sucks and Berrian is overrated.

All their action will be on their running game and their kicking game.
We played against J Allen last year in Kansas City. We know what the Viqueens are about.......we dont fear them, we own them!

augipitcher3
07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
and as exciting as Rice looks......Ferguson flat out sucks and Berrian is overrated.

Ferguson is our 4th or 5th WR so who cares. Wade is a good slot guy and Berrian is a good deep threat who has only gotten better. Rice, you can take it for what it is. He still has stuff to prove I think he is going to be a pro bowler in 2 years but that is my opinion and I don't expect it to be shared by others.

robdizzle3
07-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I cant give you guys the best D because like someone said you were last in pass defense last year and you guys did nothing to inprove that but grab a safety but the run D will probably be the best

servais77
07-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Ferguson is our 4th or 5th WR so who cares. Wade is a good slot guy and Berrian is a good deep threat who has only gotten better. Rice, you can take it for what it is. He still has stuff to prove I think he is going to be a pro bowler in 2 years but that is my opinion and I don't expect it to be shared by others.

I like Rice a lot too. I think he has a chance to be very good. Berrian and Wade are both ok. Its just too bad that your quarterback is a complete ****** and any receiver corps that includes Ferguson is still below average.

Ryan Diesel
07-19-2008, 03:38 AM
They can have Turd Ferguson, dude is made of glass.

jwdaly07
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
The best defense in the league that Ryan Grant tore a new a-hole last year at Lambeau? You know, in that one game, it was pretty close, down to the wire...34-0.

servais77
07-19-2008, 12:50 PM
The best defense in the league that Ryan Grant tore a new a-hole last year at Lambeau? You know, in that one game, it was pretty close, down to the wire...34-0.

:laugh:

How soon they forget.

dtrsi
07-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Whether it is suspicious or not I do not see the league taking draft picks from the vikes without knowing the content of the phone calls. So since I am sure they will ask Brett what was discussed, my question is does Brett have it in him to flat out lie about what was discussed? Because I am sure the calls weren't completly innocent will Brett lie to try to save face?

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 12:20 PM
The Green Bay quarterback also flatly denied the Minnesota Vikings had tampered with him as he considered whether to return to play earlier this month. He said he talked to Vikings coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, but he said he talks to both men and text-messages them often, as well as to other NFL coaches in and out of season.

Bevell coached the Green Bay quarterbacks from 2003-05, while Childress spent a lot of time in Green Bay studying the Packers offense as a University of Wisconsin assistant in the mid-1990s.

But that may not be enough to prevent the league from finding the Vikings guilty of tampering. Favre was interviewed this week by the league's vice president of security, Milt Ahlerich, about the Packers' belief that the Vikings tampered.

"I have no qualms about admitting I talked to them,'' Favre said. "Talking with Milt, he said, 'Brett, did they entice you?' I said no, 'I don't need to be enticed anywhere.' They absolutely did not entice me to come to Minnesota.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/07/27/favre.camp.deadline/index.html

Brooke
07-27-2008, 02:23 PM

Ha Ha I loved that game :laugh::laugh:

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Favre adamantly denied reports that the Packers had evidence of his communications with Childress because they had the phone records from Favre's team-issued cell phone.

"That's just bogus," said Favre. "I don't have a Packers' cell phone. Never have. I told Ted [on Thursday] that he and [coach Mike] McCarthy needed to clear up this cell phone thing. I told him they needed to get in front of the media and admit that I don't have one of their cell phones. And Ted said, 'Well, I think somebody already squashed that [story].' But that isn't enough. They need to get up and admit it's ridiculous and bogus."

Thompson did not immediately return a phone message to respond to Favre's version of the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3507141

servais77
07-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Favre adamantly denied reports that the Packers had evidence of his communications with Childress because they had the phone records from Favre's team-issued cell phone.

"That's just bogus," said Favre. "I don't have a Packers' cell phone. Never have. I told Ted [on Thursday] that he and [coach Mike] McCarthy needed to clear up this cell phone thing. I told him they needed to get in front of the media and admit that I don't have one of their cell phones. And Ted said, 'Well, I think somebody already squashed that [story].' But that isn't enough. They need to get up and admit it's ridiculous and bogus."

Thompson did not immediately return a phone message to respond to Favre's version of the story.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3507141

WTF is going on....High road I guess.

socalpkrbkr
07-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Exactly what I'm thinking, high road my ***!

Brooke
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
more of TT and company being arrogant jerks

wwfd1220
07-27-2008, 07:01 PM
tt is bull****ting his way right out of town. i love it, if the packers play like **** this year. he will be gone, he has sealed his fate with the stockholders. murphy will have no other choice but to fire him.

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 04:57 PM
“There are no, and none that I have ever heard of, certainly since I’ve been back — and I think I would know — any cell phones that any of our players have that are issued by the Packers,” Thompson said.

I wonder how this rumor all started anyway, too bad it took this long to clear it up.:pity:

servais77
07-28-2008, 06:38 PM
“There are no, and none that I have ever heard of, certainly since I’ve been back — and I think I would know — any cell phones that any of our players have that are issued by the Packers,” Thompson said.

I wonder how this rumor all started anyway, too bad it took this long to clear it up.:pity:

Teddy had to take the ball gag out of his mouth first.

socalpkrbkr
07-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Teddy had to take the ball gag out of his mouth first.

:rimshot:

:laugh2::laugh::laugh2: