PDA

View Full Version : James Campen: The Packers will have no choice but to accept you

iam brett favre
07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Favre could see some of the same folks he criticized in his trip back to the place he played for 16 seasons. He also might run into Packers offensive line coach James Campen, a former teammate who was dragged into the middle of the controversy this week.

In an unaired portion of Favre's interview with "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren," Favre apparently said Campen recently made an unexpected visit to his home in Mississippi and said he had "an answer" for Favre regarding his desire to unretire.

"He says, 'You know, I know they told you they're moving on and playing there's not an option,"' Favre said, according to a full transcript of the interview obtained by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "Playing here in Green Bay is not an option, which that's what they want. They want to move on. But I'm telling you, if you reinstate or you force their hand, back them in a corner, they feel like they have no other option, they're going to accept you back."'

-nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80954c91&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Sure, he's not TT or MM, but he could be right about this.. and with Favre saying its up to the Packers now, that could happen.

twelvePack
07-16-2008, 06:31 PM
WHOA!!!! I think Campen is right too, but he might end up looking for a new job now.

XJW18
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM
WHOA!!!! I think Campen is right too, but he might end up looking for a new job now.

lol
i think u might be right

4favre4
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I hope they let him back. It does seem like they kinda have to now.
He just told Favre what everybody was thinking. Thats not inside information he just told him what would happen so I doubt he would be fired. Favre will be back and all will be well.

hughest4
07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that JWDaly brought this up in his Favre thread. I would definitely agree that Campen is right about the whole situation because i think they would have to take him back as well. I don't think it was the best idea for Favre to kind of throw him under the bus like that.

socalpkrbkr
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Ive been thinking what he said to Brett in my head all along. If he wants to play, SHOW UP TO CAMP!

newdude
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that JWDaly brought this up in his Favre thread. I would definitely agree that Campen is right about the whole situation because i think they would have to take him back as well. I don't think it was the best idea for Favre to kind of throw him under the bus like that.

I don't think this situation can be identify as "throwing him under the bus." Its really common knowledge what he and Favre talked about, and if it causes him to lose his job, TT is a true ***.

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I thought Favre didn't want to be the type of guy that lingers around.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I thought Favre didn't want to be the type of guy that lingers around.

LINGER??? The guy was the only player then Brady to get a vote for the MVP award. So don't sit there and act like he can't play the game. The guy is still better then your boy Rodgers. Sorry, you might have to wait another year to watch Rodgers crumble like a cookie.

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 01:18 AM
LINGER??? The guy was the only player then Brady to get a vote for the MVP award. So don't sit there and act like he can't play the game. The guy is still better then your boy Rodgers. Sorry, you might have to wait another year to watch Rodgers crumble like a cookie.

Did I ever say he can't play? Rodgers is not my "boy", I'm just more optimistic than you are.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Did I ever say he can't play? Rodgers is not my "boy", I'm just more optimistic than you are.

You said "Linger." You make it seem like he should be gone, as if he can't play the game anymore. Your boy Rodgers is going to crumble too.

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 01:33 AM
You said "Linger." You make it seem like he should be gone, as if he can't play the game anymore. Your boy Rodgers is going to crumble too.

I made it seem like it....well then I'm sorry to hurt your feelings. I've said this many times in here that Favre can still play. My boy haha well some people don't listen.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I made it seem like it....well then I'm sorry to hurt your feelings. I've said this many times in here that Favre can still play. My boy haha well some people don't listen.

I listen just fine. You have a bigger crush on Rodgers then TT.

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 01:40 AM
I listen just fine. You have a bigger crush on Rodgers then TT.

Well then your stubborn because you really don't pay attention to what anyone else says. It's useless talking to you.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
Well then your stubborn because you really don't pay attention to what anyone else says. It's useless talking to you.

Maybe you should read your own words back to yourself then. You have been ripping Favre to shreds for two days, on a bunch of biased ********.

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 02:27 AM
He's been ripping Favre since the day he retired.

jamielove
07-17-2008, 09:07 AM

him losing his job would not be good.... the o-line is still in flux

meandering
07-17-2008, 09:20 AM
fraternizing with the players.......hmmmmmmmm?

Well if coaches HAVE to be your best friend forever (BFF) than I nominate Deanna Favre for Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator.....Scott Favre Defensive Coordinator, and Bonita Favre to Player Personal and Development.

We also want to add the Favre daughters to the cheerleading squad.

The family dog joins the color guard.
Family tractor will be on display in PHOF.

meandering
07-17-2008, 09:20 AM
like Ben Rothsliberger said......."Thats Brett Favre, he can do whatever he wants"

SDteacher
07-17-2008, 09:23 AM

Wiss, you have been a little negative lately. But you've always been a Brett guy, that being said you've been just like most other Packer fans in the level of optimisim you've showed towards the succession of Rodgers as the starting qb of our beloved Packers. I know what you mean, these guys are just...well bickering for no apparent reason. Both are good guys, but this is just stupid.

SDteacher
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
fraternizing with the players.......hmmmmmmmm?

Well if coaches HAVE to be your best friend forever (BFF) than I nominate Deanna Favre for Head Coach or Offensive Coordinator.....Scott Favre Defensive Coordinator, and Bonita Favre to Player Personal and Development.

We also want to add the Favre daughters to the cheerleading squad.

The family dog joins the color guard.
Family tractor will be on display in PHOF.

Very Nice!!

turftoe35
07-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd just really like this drama to end. It's getting way too close to training camp right now, and the team needs to concentrate on football, whether the Packers are lead by Favre of Rodgers. I do believe Campen is right though. Would Thompson have any other 'realistic' option here?

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 04:53 PM
like Ben Rothsliberger said......."Thats Brett Favre, he can do whatever he wants"

Exactly, and every current and former player all say the same thing too. The only other people saying different are a few uneducated fans, and some of the media.

servais77
07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Maybe you should read your own words back to yourself then. You have been ripping Favre to shreds for two days, on a bunch of biased bull****.

Yeah but he thinks he heard that somebody told him that

wissportsfan
07-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Wiss, you have been a little negative lately. But you've always been a Brett guy, that being said you've been just like most other Packer fans in the level of optimisim you've showed towards the succession of Rodgers as the starting qb of our beloved Packers. I know what you mean, these guys are just...well bickering for no apparent reason. Both are good guys, but this is just stupid.

I appreciate that. I think people are getting the wrong impression of what I want here. I really like Favre and always will like Favre. I have moved forward and think Favre needs to also. I've been basically saying the same things over again so its really pointless to say them again.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
Exactly, and every current and former player all say the same thing too. The only other people saying different are a few uneducated fans, and some of the media.

Current and former players have no idea how to run a franchise or coach a team. TT and McCarthy do. I like your little dig about "uneducated fans", it's funny cause I think of all the people here you seem to have the least grasp on what the situation is really about. There's more to it then "Brett Favre is the best Packer ever, so give him what he wants!!!" You never consider the long term effects of what bringing Favre back could do, and don't consider the fact that it's his flip flopping that has put everyone involved in this situation.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Current and former players have no idea how to run a franchise or coach a team. TT and McCarthy do. I like your little dig about "uneducated fans", it's funny cause I think of all the people here you seem to have the least grasp on what the situation is really about. There's more to it then "Brett Favre is the best Packer ever, so give him what he wants!!!" You never consider the long term effects of what bringing Favre back could do, and don't consider the fact that it's his flip flopping that has put everyone involved in this situation.

Nah, the players know how bad management can **** a player around. Why did Ladanian Tomlinson just issue a statement on the matter siding with Brett Favre? It's more then one or two guys saying this stuff it's everyone asked about it.

I know you will rag on me for this statement, but my brother worked for a professional franchise, and some of the stuff that goes on in the office would make you speechless. I'm not going to name the team or the player, but there was one instance where the GM deliberately had the coach give a running back less touches so he couldn't reach the incentives in his contract. Many of you would not like to think of the NFL as a business, but that is exactly what it is. You criticize me for some of my comments, but I have seen some of the behind the scenes stuff firsthand. Believe whatever you want, but there is very little loyalty between management and it's players. It's a cutthroat business, and that's what most people don't understand. Drew Rosenhaus is a puppy dog compared to most management in the NFL.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Nah, the players know how bad management can **** a player around. Why did Ladanian Tomlinson just issue a statement on the matter siding with Brett Favre? It's more then one or two guys saying this stuff it's everyone asked about it.

I know you will rag on me for this statement, but my brother worked for a professional franchise, and some of the stuff that goes on in the office would make you speechless. I'm not going to name the team or the player, but there was one instance where the GM deliberately had the coach give a running back less touches so he couldn't reach the incentives in his contract. Many of you would not like to think of the NFL as a business, but that is exactly what it is. You criticize me for some of my comments, but I have seen some of the behind the scenes stuff firsthand. Believe whatever you want, but there is very little loyalty between management and it's players. It's a cutthroat business, and that's what most people don't understand. Drew Rosenhaus is a puppy dog compared to most management in the NFL.

Of course players are going to side with a fellow player on this one. Especially a player of LT's stature. Doesn't mean it's correct.

As for the second paragraph...Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but there also isn't a whole lot of loyalty from players to management. I think we all saw that in the Javon Walker situation. Like it or not Brett Favre is not perfect and I see no reason to just automatically assume that it's TT who is the one being disloyal or wrong here and not Favre. Especially when we KNOW for a fact that Favre changed his mind on this situation in April or March when this whole situation could have disappeared then.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Of course players are going to side with a fellow player on this one. Especially a player of LT's stature. Doesn't mean it's correct.

As for the second paragraph...Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but there also isn't a whole lot of loyalty from players to management. I think we all saw that in the Javon Walker situation. Like it or not Brett Favre is not perfect and I see no reason to just automatically assume that it's TT who is the one being disloyal or wrong here and not Favre. Especially when we KNOW for a fact that Favre changed his mind on this situation in April or March when this whole situation could have disappeared then.

Well he did come out and issue a statement. He very well could have just kept his mouth shut. He went out on a limb for a reason.

Yeah well most players have a big distrust for management. I am positive, even with everything that has been said by Favre, that there is still a lot more to this situation that nobody knows except for Favre and management. It might come out yet.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Well he did come out and issue a statement. He very well could have just kept his mouth shut. He went out on a limb for a reason.

It's hardly "going out on a limb" to defend Brett Favre. It's like defending Ghandi, he's beloved by most people.

LT or any other player defending Favre here is no surprise and doesn't say anything about who is right in the situation. Players look out for players. Rodgers is not at the point where players respect him and are gonna be stepping up and defending him, that's something that has to be earned, and he'll get his chance to do that starting this year.

twelvePack
07-17-2008, 07:50 PM
It's hardly "going out on a limb" to defend Brett Favre. It's like defending Ghandi, he's beloved by most people.

LT or any other player defending Favre here is no surprise and doesn't say anything about who is right in the situation. Players look out for players. Rodgers is not at the point where players respect him and are gonna be stepping up and defending him, that's something that has to be earned, and he'll get his chance to do that starting this year.

I'm not so sure Rodgers is going to be the starter. Did you see when they asked him about it, he said well "If" he is the starter this year himself. So he doesn't know what is going on either.

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm not so sure Rodgers is going to be the starter. Did you see when they asked him about it, he said well "If" he is the starter this year himself. So he doesn't know what is going on either.

I really do not think the Favre situation is repairable at this point. I think he has made up his mind and does not want to play here, in the unlikely event we would bring him back. And outside of Favre obviously there's only Rodgers unless Brian Brohm looks like the second coming in training camp and pre-season.

gbpack415
07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't know about that. I think TT and MM have to be thinking about their position and might be reconsidering some things. Obviously I have a bias because I'd love to have Favre back. I really don't think it'd be too bad to:
1. take Brett back
2. have him commit to finish out his contract
3. trade Rodgers for mid-round pick
4. Brohm will take over once Brett "retires"

Just a thought fellas

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 09:51 PM
Sounds good to me. We can keep Rodgers though, he can't wait another year or two, it won't kill him. Probably help him even.

beast
07-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I think the ball is in Favre court, and I think Favre could do a couple of things

1) stay retired
2) try to force his release (which I'm not sure if he can, as long as his money doesn't take the team over the cap)
3) work with the Packers for a release
4) work with the Packers for a trade
5) come back to the Packers

twelvePack
07-18-2008, 01:58 AM
I think the ball is in Favre court, and I think Favre could do a couple of things

1) stay retired
2) try to force his release (which I'm not sure if he can, as long as his money doesn't take the team over the cap)
3) work with the Packers for a release
4) work with the Packers for a trade
5) come back to the Packers

Really Beast? Wow, do you really think Favre should consider these options? I'm guessing he never thought of any of these things.

newdude
07-18-2008, 02:21 AM
Really Beast? Wow, do you really think Favre should consider these options? I'm guessing he never thought of any of these things.

I lol'd. :up: