PDA

View Full Version : Who will win it all next year?

Shieldsz
07-16-2008, 03:47 PM
?

I think it will be some very unexpected team... but i can't really name any particular one.

Duke def. wont win it, they dont have the team.

UNC will be good but not sure if they will win it either.

kozelkid
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
why not unc, they were already the best, and they got all their players back...
hope illinois somehow wins lol, no chance for that though :sigh:

Westbrook36
07-17-2008, 12:27 AM
XU XU XU XU XU XU XU

I really dont know :shrug: Ohio State could be in the running for the Championship?

arlubas
07-17-2008, 04:15 AM
OSU a championship contender? They lost both Koufos and Jamar Butler, their natural leader on the floor and their newer guys ain't that great to step up and make them a F4 team. Mullens might be very good but he can't do it all by himself.

IndiansFan337
07-17-2008, 08:49 AM
OSU isn't even in the Top 25. They shouldn't even be considered. All their returning players have underachieved throughout their collegiate careers. They need bigger year's next season from David Lighty, Jon Diebler, etc.

UNC has to be the consensus, overwhelming favorite. They might have better odds of winning the championship this season than all other NCAA teams combined, no joke.

arlubas
07-17-2008, 11:27 AM
OSU isn't even in the Top 25. They shouldn't even be considered. All their returning players have underachieved throughout their collegiate careers. They need bigger year's next season from David Lighty, Jon Diebler, etc.

Man, Jon Diebler underachieved big time last season! Really disappointed me especially coming off such an impressive HS senior year like the one he had. And Lighty too pretty much but at least he was a factor for them in the majority of games while Diebler was pulling disappearing acts throughout the season.

Sabres39
07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Sadly, UNC is probably the front runner right now.:(

18colts29
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Purdue

JHG722
07-20-2008, 12:55 AM
I think UNC will win it all, but I also like Memphis a lot. Other teams I could definitely see: LVille and Texas. UConn COULD be extremely good, or they could be okay. Who knows. Nova could be very very good as well, but I think next year they're going to be a top team.

Rhyming Rebel
07-20-2008, 05:13 PM
OSU or UNC, but Duke has a shot. Wait I forgot about Tenn. everyone returned

JHG722
07-20-2008, 05:49 PM
OSU or UNC, but Duke has a shot. Wait I forgot about Tenn. everyone returned

Ummmm no...Tennessee lost JaJuan Smith, Lofton, Ramar Smith, Duke Crews. Ohio State lost Koufos, Jamar Butler, and Othello Hunter...

MoJay
07-21-2008, 02:09 AM
I'm an OSU fan and I'm not feeling as confident as some of you I think if we had Kofous we would have a good chance, but I think there is a small chance but I'm hoping

WakeUpTheEchoes
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
I think its either UNC or UConn....My sleeper? None other then ND, McAlarney and Harangody will lead a pretty solid team in my opinion, but they always underacheive when they hit the big dance...I know, it is a homer pick...oh well, flame me!

JHG722
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM
ND doesn't have the depth to win it all. Elite Eight is possible, but I dont think they'll go further.

Wake's Fastball
07-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I like UConn alot, and UNC is the clear-cut favorite. I'd throw Pittsburgh into the discussion as well as a sleeper pick; Jamie Dixon is an absolute genius as a coach, and they're a really stellar team with nearly everyone returning. Providence, obviously, always has to be in the discussion as well.

JHG722
07-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Providence will make the Final Four.

IndiansFan337
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm not saying that UNC will win it all, because any team can win it all if they get hot at the right time, due to the NCAA format.

But anyone who is not picking UNC as the preseason favorite is simply a hater, a fool, incredibly biased or just plain ignorant. There is no other choice for preseason favorite. How can last year's #1 team(Basically the same exact team) not be #1 this year when all of the other top teams(Texas, Kansas, Memphis, Tennessee, G-town, etc) all lost key players & they did not???

MoJay
07-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Once again don't think UCONN will do much this year, I am from CT but I just don't see them doing much this year you never know how Price will play after his injury.

MoJay
07-22-2008, 01:18 AM
Ya I'm not a big fan of UNC but they def. have to be considered #1 as they didn't lose any players and brought in new players I can see if Memphis or Kansas didn't lose any players and brought in better players but each lost 3 key players and Kansas lost 4

chisox311
07-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Once again don't think UCONN will do much this year, I am from CT but I just don't see them doing much this year you never know how Price will play after his injury.
They have all of the tools. They have two stud post players in Thabeet (reigning defensive POY) and Jeff Adrien (reigning 1st team all Big East), Price's recovery is ahead of schedule and he's expected to be ready for the season, freshman PG Kemba Walker is supposed to be a stud (McDonalds All American and MVP of the international U-18 tournament), as is freshman PF Atar Majok (ranked #13 overall according to Rivals). Plus, they have Dyson and Austrie returning (Dyson was their leading scorer before being suspended for drinking last year, and Austrie did a fantastic job replacing Dyson).

CrippledRam
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Louisville will make the final four along with UNC. They lost one starter (Padgett) off of an Elite 8 team and replaced him with the #1/2 big man in the country (Samuels). They go 9 deep with guys that can play: Twill (Triple-double waiting to happen), Clark (a lock as a lottery pick), Sosa, McGee, Knowles, Samuels, Swopshire (4*, 6'7 swing man), Jennings (4*, 6'10 shot blocking machine), Delk (Started for Miss St. before transferring), Knowles (Mr.Energy, shutdown defender).

I just hope they can avoid NC in the tourney.

IndiansFan337
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM

They have all of the tools. They have two stud post players in Thabeet (reigning defensive POY) and Jeff Adrien (reigning 1st team all Big East), Price's recovery is ahead of schedule and he's expected to be ready for the season, freshman PG Kemba Walker is supposed to be a stud (McDonalds All American and MVP of the international U-18 tournament), as is freshman PF Atar Majok (ranked #13 overall according to Rivals). Plus, they have Dyson and Austrie returning (Dyson was their leading scorer before being suspended for drinking last year, and Austrie did a fantastic job replacing Dyson).

It really is hard to judge them until you see how Price looks when he gets on the court. People always say they're recovering well, but until they prove it on the court it is hard to sell that. UConn has a VERY good team. If Price plays like he did last year (which is realistic, but no guarantee) then they have a great team.

I expect to see an improved offensive game from Thabeet. We all already know he can block shots & rebound. it's time for him to show us a post up move or two. It's not like he would have trouble shooting over the 6'8, 6'9 C's that are usually guarding him in the Big East.

arlubas
07-24-2008, 03:52 PM

I'm expecting a better season out of Stanley Robinson as well this year. Dude is a freak physically and hopefully he has learned enough fundamentals by now to elevate his game a bit this season.

LivingThroughMe
08-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Purdue

+1 Purdue will definitely go deep this year.

WildWesty
08-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Isn't Stephan Curry returning?

I watched these guys during the season and the tournament and I thought that as long as Curry is leading the team, they could beat anyone. They had a good shot at the World Champions last year and played really impressive against some of the 'would be' best teams in the tournament.

I picked Davidson to go to the final 4 last year, hopefully I will again this year.

JHG722
08-28-2008, 10:45 AM

I watched these guys during the season and the tournament and I thought that as long as Curry is leading the team, they could beat anyone. They had a good shot at the World Champions last year and played really impressive against some of the 'would be' best teams in the tournament.

I picked Davidson to go to the final 4 last year, hopefully I will again this year.

No chance with Jason Richards gone.

m26555
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Connecticut..They're going to have FOUR, that's right, FOUR seven-footers this season..unreal.

5thgencali
09-16-2008, 10:03 PM

They lost the leading assist point guard in the country so I don't think they will be nearly as good. They got Curry and thats about it. He's going to be a marked man this year especially from what he did last year in the tourney. Dude was a straight beast.

oshea225
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
im hoping duke wins it of course.

but sadly, unc is the clearcut favorite right now...

yourwrong
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
miami will win it all

JHG722
09-18-2008, 08:33 PM
miami will win it all

...Miami won't win the ACC, let alone the damn championship...

thegreatone08
10-16-2008, 01:59 PM
UNC will win it no doubt. Hansbrough will go out with a championship. Not only did they return Hansbrough, Ellington, Lawson, Green, Ginyard, Thompson and Graves, but they have a healthy Bobby Frasor and three freshman, guard Larry Drew, forward Ed Davis, and of course the 7 foot forward Tyler Zeller. UNC's second team could prolly make a deep run in the tournament. This team is just freakishly deep in talent and it would be a huge let down if they don't cut down the nets this year.

Oh and by the way, DOOK is overrated as always and will lose in the second round of the tournament. Most overrated basketball team in the country year in and year out.

SidTheKid
10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
UNC will win it no doubt. Hansbrough will go out with a championship. Not only did they return Hansbrough, Ellington, Lawson, Green, Ginyard, Thompson and Graves, but they have a healthy Bobby Frasor and three freshman, guard Larry Drew, forward Ed Davis, and of course the 7 foot forward Tyler Zeller. UNC's second team could prolly make a deep run in the tournament. This team is just freakishly deep in talent and it would be a huge let down if they don't cut down the nets this year.

Oh and by the way, DOOK is overrated as always and will lose in the second round of the tournament. Most overrated basketball team in the country year in and year out.

Does it give you personal satisfaction to say that Duke is horrible in every one of your posts? You must not get enough attention at home buddy.

thegreatone08
10-16-2008, 06:57 PM
DOOK SUCKS, DOOK SUCKS, DOOK SUCKS..i just cant say it enough