PDA

View Full Version : Best bar near Fenway?

Padres Son
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I just got tickets to next Sat's game vs. the Yanks and am looking for some reviews of bars/restaurants around the stadium. It's been seven or eight years since I've been to Fenway...

Last time I went to a bar called BB Wolf's... is that still there? Anyone have any advice/recommendations for good places to grab a couple beers before heading into the park?

RSF1977
07-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Its gonna be mobbed but check out Boston Beer Works.
Make sure you get a blueberry beer!:D

Tragedy
07-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I love Boston Beer Works.

I'm not much of a bar man, so I can't really help.

But, YOU'RE COMING TO BOSTON!~!~!@$52 That's awesome man. Imagine if we ran into each other and had no idea?

Padres Son
07-16-2008, 03:03 PM
^^ Yeah. I'm taking my girlfriend (who's never been to Boston) to visit my parents on the Cape and then spending the weekend in Boston. Obviously, the Sox-Yanks game is the highlight of the trip. I'm so ****ing psyched about the whole thing.

Are you going to the game on Saturday, Tragedy?

Tragedy
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
^^ Yeah. I'm taking my girlfriend (who's never been to Boston) to visit my parents on the Cape and then spending the weekend in Boston. Obviously, the Sox-Yanks game is the highlight of the trip. I'm so ****ing psyched about the whole thing.

Are you going to the game on Saturday, Tragedy?
I wish I were, but nay. :(

Wake's Fastball
07-16-2008, 05:13 PM
The Cask always works as well as BBW. Game On isn't great.

Greenmonster24
07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I always go to boston beer works but game on is also nice. Normally Beer works I order food appetizers like Nachos and Onion Rings but for just beer Game on is quick and like 5.50 for a bottle of beer oppose to 7.25 you pay inside the staduim for a small cup.

R to the G
07-17-2008, 01:43 AM
The Cask followed by Boston Beer Works.

The Intimidator
07-17-2008, 07:54 AM
cask n' flagon may be the best choice because of location right next to the park. game on is okay, but i would recommend cask n' flagon.

bagwell368
07-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Cask is very basic, BBW is better. On the other side of that big parking lot (take a left it's in the first or second block on left across from bike shop) behind BBW is a place called Nua Tua or something like that. Excellent Guiness on tap, and better bar food then the others, and much less crowded and insane inside - but clearly a baseball joint w/ college overtones.

BRADY4MVP
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
they are all gonna be packed, but like everyone has said.... BBW, Cask, and Game On are good times. There is also the Bleacher Bar in centerfield which lets you look into the park, which is kinda cool.

And you HAVE to hit up the Sausage Connection out side for some food. Steak Tip subs, chicken, and as always, Sausages. You gonna have a great time my friend