PDA

View Full Version : Report: Pistons willing to part with Billups in trade for Warriors' Andris Biedrins

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/SPORTS03/80716005/1051

says we area only giving up AL... i dont see us trading andris for a 32 yr old pg who is not used to our tempo..... im as big as fan as andris as the next but only person i would want back for him is marion and he signed an ext before we got him..... but even then whould be our center ... either way i dont see either going down

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080716/SPORTS03/80716005/1051

says we area only giving up AL... i dont see us trading andris for a 32 yr old pg who is not used to our tempo..... im as big as fan as andris as the next but only person i would want back for him is marion and he signed an ext before we got him..... but even then whould be our center ... either way i dont see either going down

Biedrins needs to man up this year and play with some balls inside!!!!

at times last year he seemed intimadated ....

he doesnt seem to have that energy he had when he was a rookie trying to dunk and swat everything !

Saltinuts40
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
We are not bringing in Billups for Biedrins. We can give him Harrington and future picks, but not Biedrins.

Kdirt
07-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Bad trade, Biedrins is a top 10 center, with alot of room to grow. For a point guard with three good years left? No thanks! We might make the playoffs if we trade Al for Billups, but whos gonna play center if we trade Biedrins? We dont have anyone.

tadmanny
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
This wouldnt make much sense unless u move maggette or jackson also. Neither will want to be riding the bench. Unless they plan on playing VERY SMALL and are both able to start.

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Biedrins needs to man up this year and play with some balls inside!!!!

at times last year he seemed intimadated ....

he doesnt seem to have that energy he had when he was a rookie trying to dunk and swat everything !

what. i like your giants posts better. he had the highest fg% in the league. he has improved every single year. he is 22. he didnt lose any energy. he didnt even play his rookie year

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 03:46 PM
what. i like your giants posts better. he had the highest fg% in the league. he has improved every single year. he is 22. he didnt lose any energy. he didnt even play his rookie year

gotta agree with you again..... i dont think he fell off at all he lead the leage in fg % and almost did it the year before too... hes rite around a double double avg... i like that he doesnt play out of his skill set ( doesnt try and do to much) hes solid not great but a sold center when is the last time we can say that....

djeller1139
07-16-2008, 03:56 PM
I think we need to keep Biedrins and Ellis for years to come. They should be our center to build around, like the Hornets have with Chris Paul and David West (best example i could come up with off the top of my head).

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM

i like your WNBA post better ...LOL...ohh dam breaking out the stats who is this C1bman88 ?? im not talking about stats bro...im talking about manning up and imposing you presence having the highest FG% means what to my point im trying to make ? come on you cant say he didnt get pushed around last year again ...even Duncan and camby get mad once and awhile lol.....all im saying is its his time to break out this year!

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
gotta agree with you again..... i dont think he fell off at all he lead the leage in fg % and almost did it the year before too... hes rite around a double double avg... i like that he doesnt play out of his skill set ( doesnt try and do to much) hes solid not great but a sold center when is the last time we can say that....

i see both you and tmac are confused....never did i say he was falling off ...all i said it was time for him to grow some fgn balls and play tuff inside and by balls i mean fgn tuffen up:mad:

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I know we need a point guard but the signing of Maggette changed everything. What are we going to do, run 3 guards and 2 forwards?

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I know we need a point guard but the signing of Maggette changed everything. What are we going to do, run 3 guards and 2 forwards?

dude whith Nelson never say never ...we could see 5 Guards on the floor starting.....lol

mintfrosty
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM

Umm...he pretty much did that by starting Harrington, SJax, Barnes, Monta, and Baron last year in a game.

lincecum=future
07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
So we get our PG but then have an even more glaring hole at Center? Makes no sense to me.

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 05:41 PM
i like your WNBA post better ...LOL...ohh dam breaking out the stats who is this C1bman88 ?? im not talking about stats bro...im talking about manning up and imposing you presence having the highest FG% means what to my point im trying to make ? come on you cant say he didnt get pushed around last year again ...even Duncan and camby get mad once and awhile lol.....all im saying is its his time to break out this year!

lol what FG% is crazy stat? haha wait havent heard of BOR( balls on rim) or on court percenatge where you estimate how many shots he might tkae dived it by the number of rebounds then multiply it by the steals and tehn add 10. lol haha just kididng no this isnt c1b style but i dont know what else to say, we view the player difrently. i see him get pissed off and madd all the time on the court. he has held own much better this than the year went to the playoffs. he just turend 22, and he has improved every year. ever year he gets more confiendence, comits less fouls and takes another step. i dont see why thats going to stop this year

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 06:32 PM
i see both you and tmac are confused....never did i say he was falling off ...all i said it was time for him to grow some fgn balls and play tuff inside and by balls i mean fgn tuffen up:mad:

aite well when u said he dosenst play like he did when he was a rookie thats how i took it ...

but either way the guy is not going to be duncan or even camby.. i like andris but for the most part all his points are garbage points/ put backs.... fastbreak points... dont get it twisted andris is never going to be the guy u post up at the end of the 4th qtr and say ok go at it get me the W ... if you think thats who he is ur way off... name one great big man from europe that comes over here with the toughness like you are asking him to have.... i would say the best one is dirk.. and u all know how we went at him when it mattered most...that being said andris is a solid double double guy and we need to get him signed and kept for along time... i would only be willing to trade him if we got a really great player back and to me chauncy is not that...

i dont think this is a good trade either i jsut saw tha article so i posted it...

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
lol what FG% is crazy stat? haha wait havent heard of BOR( balls on rim) or on court percenatge where you estimate how many shots he might tkae dived it by the number of rebounds then multiply it by the steals and tehn add 10. lol haha just kididng no this isnt c1b style but i dont know what else to say, we view the player difrently. i see him get pissed off and madd all the time on the court. he has held own much better this than the year went to the playoffs. he just turend 22, and he has improved every year. ever year he gets more confiendence, comits less fouls and takes another step. i dont see why thats going to stop this year

holly crap tmac you had me going thier for a minute LMAO!!! :speechless:

Manute Nol
07-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Monta and Andris are products of our system. They are replaceable and we should trade them while there value is high. If we could get Billups and Sheed that would be great. Marion or Josh Smith even better!

Joe505
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Harrington + (2009) Second Round pick for Chauncey Billups.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Your So Rite That Would Be Dumb

tadmanny
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I would trade Stephen Jack, Harrington, Bellinelli and a 2nd rounder or maybe even a 1st rounder for sheed and billups. This would put Monta back at the 2 and give us a good PF....

PG-Billups
SG-Monta
SF-Maggette
PF-SHeed
C-Biedrins

Thats solid. No more of jacksons awful shot selection and heated temper. we get one back in sheed, but hes a more consistent scorer. This is a better lineup than we currently have. Sheed makes 13 mil and is a FA after this year. That would give us the flexibility to sign a younger guy after the season.

Mister Mitty
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I would trade Stephen Jack, Harrington, Bellinelli and a 2nd rounder or maybe even a 1st rounder for sheed and billups. This would put Monta back at the 2 and give us a good PF....

PG-Billups
SG-Monta
SF-Maggette
PF-SHeed
C-Biedrins

Thats solid. No more of jacksons awful shot selection and heated temper. we get one back in sheed, but hes a more consistent scorer. This is a better lineup than we currently have. Sheed makes 13 mil and is a FA after this year. That would give us the flexibility to sign a younger guy after the season.

Your trade wouldn't work under the salary cap. You'd have to S&T someone like Biedrins to make it work.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Monta and Andris are products of our system. They are replaceable and we should trade them while there value is high. If we could get Billups and Sheed that would be great. Marion or Josh Smith even better!

Maybe I should play in that system, so I can shoot 53% as a guard, have an automatic Jumper and get to the paint anytime I wanted to. Hey mabye you can play in that system too!

djeller1139
07-17-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't think Stephen Jackson would be welcome back in Auburn Hills after his previous encounter there.

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 03:03 AM

PG-Billups
SG-Monta
SF-Maggette
PF-SHeed
C-Biedrins

its nice on paper, but the saliers dont work as is but also like dj just said, sjax is not going back to detroit

djeller1139
07-17-2008, 03:12 AM
We could try to trade Stephen Jackson for another similar player, or even just a draft pick and include that instead.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 03:12 AM

PG-Billups
SG-Monta
SF-Maggette
PF-SHeed
C-Biedrins

This trade sucks!!!

We basically get 1 year rental of Rasheed and a 32 year old PG whose on the downside of his career.

So we basically have 1 year shot at the Playoffs, 2008-2009 with our 1 year with Sheed.

Instead of Baron and Jack, we have Chauncey and Maggette and lost Belinelli and a 1st round pick.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 03:14 AM
The only way I trade for a 32 year old Chauncey, is if we are 1 player away from being a champioinship contender. We are not 1 player away.

More than a PG, we need a Power Forward.

djeller1139
07-17-2008, 03:18 AM
maybe we can create some capspace from the billups trade if we get a pick or two, then use the cap space and get Emeka Okafor...? Or we could use the extra picks to trade for a PF...doubtful though, Mullin is not that creative...

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 03:28 AM
i think the bottom line is were not geting buillups unless the pistons decide to take just al for him. thats it.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 03:32 AM
maybe we can create some capspace from the billups trade if we get a pick or two, then use the cap space and get Emeka Okafor...? Or we could use the extra picks to trade for a PF...doubtful though, Mullin is not that creative...

We'd actually be taking back more salary with Chauncey.

djeller1139
07-17-2008, 04:10 AM
We'd actually be taking back more salary with Chauncey.

What i meant was a trade of (example)

Harrington and Jackson (total 16 mil) for Chauncey and 1st rd pick

I said before Jackson won't be going back to the Palace, and i was trying to think of osmeone else with a major contract we could trade, but can't think of anyone. So, how about -

Harrington and Bellinelli/Buike (one or the other) for Billups and 1st

Jackson and 1st and 2nd for Okafor (S&T) and role player

This seems like the best way to make our team more successful now. We still get to keep all the guys we've drafted recently, and we get a vet leader and a young guy wo knows how to lead a team and is a tremendous PF.

Billups/Watson
Ellis/Bellinelli or Buike
Maggette/Randolph
Okafor/Wright/Hendrix
Biedrins/Turiaf

this does weaken our bench significantly, i don't know if these even works out, and now i don't even care if this sounds so stupid but im tired and not even concentrating on this anymore.