PDA

View Full Version : Navarro Was Safe at Home.

blams
07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Lol.

no doubt, he never got the tag on him until he was clearly safe.

and the caught stealing at 2nd was bs.

looks like the umps and the mlb really wanted the nl to win, but even an unfairly called game wasnt enough to allow AAAA to win for the first time since 1996

brandonwarne52
07-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Still was one hell of a pick up by Martin.

bhcluc
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Even in football, if they used video replay to overturn that call, they would have to be irrefutable evidence that a mistake was made. I dont think such a camera angle existed to say beyond a reasonable doubt that the call on the field was not correct. But I think we are both slightly biased.

hammerinhank
07-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Albert Pujols was safe at 2nd when he tried to squeeze his hit to a double... Bad calls were made on both sides...

GBG2489
07-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah the umpiring was pretty bad. Kinsler was safe at second as well.

Sportscenterman
07-16-2008, 01:31 PM
I saw the same thing during the game, those plays were really close. The stolen base was safe but the umps angle could not see the swipe missed at his angle, still his fault. They blew the call at home

vigilantex69
07-16-2008, 01:38 PM
well ya know since everyones going to ***** about calls in baseball so much why don't we just have ****ing robots make the calls just like in the NFL. the instant reply is a load of technological crap and everyone knows it. And yea your all gonna be like oh well when your favorite team gets a bad play made you'll complain and support it and YES my favorite team has been screwed over many times by bad calls but you know what? THEIR PART OF THE GAME! We don't need plasma screen tvs on every base and floating cameras inside the ball to make the calls. GET OVER IT!

Aapox
07-16-2008, 01:44 PM
That's what happens when the ball beats you. It's baseball, dummies.

blams
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Albert Pujols was safe at 2nd when he tried to squeeze his hit to a double... Bad calls were made on both sides...

i dont think so

AirJordanXVIII
07-16-2008, 02:13 PM
I think it's how the umpire thought it was amazing how Martin made the "tag"... That's why he called him out.

GBG2489
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
well ya know since everyones going to ***** about calls in baseball so much why don't we just have ****ing robots make the calls just like in the NFL. the instant reply is a load of technological crap and everyone knows it. And yea your all gonna be like oh well when your favorite team gets a bad play made you'll complain and support it and YES my favorite team has been screwed over many times by bad calls but you know what? THEIR PART OF THE GAME! We don't need plasma screen tvs on every base and floating cameras inside the ball to make the calls. GET OVER IT!

Easy there, sailor.

PhillyLuver
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
This thread is kind of baiting... but bad calls are going to happen in every game.

TheShock45
07-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Lol.

looks like the umps and the mlb really wanted the nl to win, but even an unfairly called game wasnt enough to allow AAAA to win for the first time since 1996

no its cause umps are stupid AND/OR not robots

all the balls beat the baserunners there the entire game but the runner somehow got his toe in the bag before being taged an ump cant see that
im pretty sure navarro was out and i also think morneau missed home plate and was out so it was made up for in the end by giving the AL the win

also Milton Bradley was safe on the pickoff he got hishand in there most people who do get picked off are safe but if you stumble and the ball beats you there you are most likely out

redwhitenblue
07-16-2008, 07:28 PM
i dont think so
Then you're either bias or ignorant-he was clearly safe

I find it funny that anyone would brag about an AS win when all people have done for the last month+ is ***** about people non-deserving being in it and all the snubs

cardinals1226
07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
i dont think so

You're right. It was a conspiracy to let the NL win. :rolleyes: Pujols was safe, Kinsler was safe, Navarro was out, Morneau was questionable, but I think the umpires wanted the game finished just as much as everyone else and gave the benefit of the doubt to the baserunner.

HighVelocity
07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I have to admit the umpires made a ton of bad calls last night. On that play at home Navarro was safe. I know it was a good play by Martin, but c'mon you can't call Navarro out on that play. Martin tagged him on the top of his leg. That's how safe he was.

yearofthecub
07-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Every call on the bases was correct last night with the lone exception that Pujols was CLEARLY safe. The final play of the game was extremely close ad the ump gave the benefit of the doubt to the runner. Had it not been in extras, he might have called him out. Either way, it wasn't a bad call and could have gone either way.

BTW... mods should really look closely at the thread starters posts and consider some kind of ban. The guy does nothing but bait and back up his ignorance with more ignorance. Just saying...

Driven
07-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah the umpiring was pretty bad. Kinsler was safe at second as well.
I guarantee you that 90+% of ANYONE in the same position as the ump would have made the same call.

Driven
07-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I think it's how the umpire thought it was amazing how Martin made the "tag"... That's why he called him out.

I highly doubt that. Umps are paid (and in this case honored) to make the right call. Martin blocked the plate, which made him appear out.

CaptainCool79
07-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Lol.

AAAA??!?!?! are you kidding me? the AL is the league that let's guys who cant even play the field hit...make your pitchers strap one on and get in the batters box. :laugh:

brandonwarne52
07-16-2008, 09:43 PM
AAAA??!?!?! are you kidding me? the AL is the league that let's guys who cant even play the field hit...make your pitchers strap one on and get in the batters box. :laugh:

Somehow being able to throw and not hit shows more 'valor' than being able to hit and maybe not be that good of a fielder?

Hmm....

PunkShizzle
07-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Lol.

You're one of the more irrational, biased posters so I'm not entirely sure why I'm going to bother, but I think that it was the longest ASG in history shows, if anything, that no league showed any sense of "dominance."

Blown calls are unfortunately a part of the game (on BOTH sides), you're sounding a great deal like Hawk Harrelson with this constant *****ing. The AL still won, so what exactly is your purpose here?

PunkShizzle
07-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Somehow being able to throw and not hit shows more 'valor' than being able to hit and maybe not be that good of a fielder?

Hmm....

Tell that to Big Z, Owings, Wainwright, and Sabathia...:D

Theriot2
07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
It was an awesome game. No good or bad calls by umpires can ruin it

07MVPPatBurrell
07-16-2008, 11:06 PM
more important things to worry about than a poorly officiated all star game.... it was a great game and exciting to watch, people mess up (see dan uggla, 3 times in like 6 innings)

ugafan
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I do hope a ban comes from this thread, it's clearly baiting, if the NL won the game, this MAY be warranted, but the AL won. This kid is without a doubt trying to start something.

Johann
07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
im surprised how he made it to first safely:D

pad1
07-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I noticed that. His foot got on the plate before the tag was applied. No doubt about that.

Theriot2
07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
Who cares, the AL still won.

PhillyUD26
07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
It doesn't matter, the throw beat him to the plate, and 9 times out of 10 your going to get called out as long as the catcher holds onto it.