PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Smith does'nt want to sign id woodson is the coach

countrycasanova
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Smith seems like he is a lil "throwed-off", so I guess that's why he and woodson don't see I to I. If he forced a sign-n-trade...what do u guys think about:

Knicks: Josh Smith/Soloman Jones or pachulia/acie law/draft pick

:clap:

Hawks: Randolph/david lee/n8 da gr8/balkman

It's still kinda hard for me to believe Smith will turn down mega dollars from his hometown team because he don't get along with a coach

Shieldsz
07-16-2008, 02:20 PM
no.

Woodson will leave, and J-Smith will stay

dawgsfan_45
07-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Smith seems like he is a lil "throwed-off", so I guess that's why he and woodson don't see I to I. If he forced a sign-n-trade...what do u guys think about:

It's still kinda hard for me to believe Smith will turn down mega dollars from his hometown team because he don't get along with a coach

One...thats just speculation. The title of the thread is deceiving. Two...No way in hell we do that trade randolph=:pity:

THE MTL
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM

Are you serious?? You gonna take Lee, Nate, Balkman all in the same trade. HAHA! I pass.

countrycasanova
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Are you serious?? You gonna take Lee, Nate, Balkman all in the same trade. HAHA! I pass.

so what r u sayin u would'nt trade n8, lee, n balkman for that package:confused: could probaly take n8 out if they take acie law out. but hey gotta give-up sum 2 get sum..people won't trade with u if all u want 2 do is pillage

dawgsfan_45
07-16-2008, 06:17 PM
i dont see any point for either one of the teams doing this trade....

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 06:23 PM
so what r u sayin u would'nt trade n8, lee, n balkman for that package:confused: could probaly take n8 out if they take acie law out. but hey gotta give-up sum 2 get sum..people won't trade with u if all u want 2 do is pillage

we do not want to help you all clean up isah's mess:p besides smith would be dumb to not resign with the hawks. teams are clearing up space for the likes of melo, lebron, wade, amare,boozer, and iverson not smith. smith will make more money if he stays a hawk. besides woodons got a 2 yr deal that may not last the entire season. flip is still unemployed and he would be the guy to get us out of our offensive rut. we have the tools to make flip's system work.

rico
07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
a trade with chicago would make more sense...

deng or a combination of gordon/gooden would be really good for you guys.

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 06:29 PM
a trade with chicago would make more sense...

deng or a combination of gordon/gooden would be really good for you guys.

that still does not help our D. smith is our sole defensive presence. why do i want to trade smith for a player similar to marvin(deng) and a guy with limited post skills(gooden)? if we were to trade smith it be for a center not some wing player...we have plenty thanks to Billy Knight.

saint7888
07-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi ATL.....

I'm a NETS fan and was woundering what use think about this...

Nets get: Josh Smith

Hawks get: Nehed Kristic, and Sean Williams

Now Williams is very young and I like him, but I like Smith Better. Kristic is a good young NATURAL center and Williams is a natural PF but can also play some Center. Both players are more defencive minded, and w/ joe johnson and bibby and childress off the bench I think it will ultimatily make both teams better....

What do use think.... and be nice lol rework it if it doesn't sound ''up to par''

Use just can't touch Harris

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi ATL.....

I'm a NETS fan and was woundering what use think about this...

Nets get: Josh Smith

Hawks get: Nehed Kristic, and Sean Williams

Now Williams is very young and I like him, but I like Smith Better. Kristic is a good young NATURAL center and Williams is a natural PF but can also play some Center. Both players are more defencive minded, and w/ joe johnson and bibby and childress off the bench I think it will ultimatily make both teams better....

What do use think.... and be nice lol rework it if it doesn't sound ''up to par''

Use just can't touch Harris

we wouldnt want harris anyway because we have law. that isnt a bad trade. we get a good defensive center in sean and kristic would be a better version of zaza. i would do CDR + williams + Kristic for smith. that way Zaza is expendable, we get a good sub for johnson in Roberts and williams could be our 5. this would slide horford to the 4 and i think we would be better off.

29$JerZ
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Trade Smith for Either Camby + Deandre or maybe Andris Biendris + ???

Smith better off in ATL but if he has to be traded get a Center so Horford can play at the 4

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Trade Smith for Either Camby + Deandre or maybe Andris Biendris + ???

Smith better off in ATL but if he has to be traded get a Center so Horford can play at the 4

excatly, we have plenty of wing players thanks to our "genious" of a GM if we could get a good defensive center out of smith i would deal him.

rico
07-16-2008, 06:56 PM
that still does not help our D. smith is our sole defensive presence. why do i want to trade smith for a player similar to marvin(deng) and a guy with limited post skills(gooden)? if we were to trade smith it be for a center not some wing player...we have plenty thanks to Billy Knight.

smith doesnt really have post skills either really. i agree gooden is a facing the basket like forward, but still. he has a good expiring contract of 7mil, and gordon is a sharpshooter. tyrus has good defense and could probably step in at the pf spot for you, i dont see why you dont like horford at the center tho. hes only getting better nad better.

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 07:08 PM
smith doesnt really have post skills either really. i agree gooden is a facing the basket like forward, but still. he has a good expiring contract of 7mil, and gordon is a sharpshooter. tyrus has good defense and could probably step in at the pf spot for you, i dont see why you dont like horford at the center tho. hes only getting better nad better.

we are not entirey intrested in expiring conracts we are trying to build upon our playoff experience. we do not want horford at the C spot because he is not strong wnough for the bigger centers. I would love to have him play the four where he is more comfortable. horford did play well out of position but he could possibly play even better in his position.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
What about Claxton/Smith/Zaza for Marion/Haslem?

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 08:25 PM
What about Claxton/Smith/Zaza for Marion/Haslem?

did you not read the thread? we want a center not a sf and a pf.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 08:44 PM
did you not read the thread? we want a center not a sf and a pf.

I did read the thread... but a lineup of Bibby/Johnson/Marion/Haslem/Horford is a very very good team...

Camden Guru
07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I did read the thread... but a lineup of Bibby/Johnson/Marion/Haslem/Horford is a very very good team...

that trade would deplete our bench more and we still did not get any better. haslem is not an interior defender and we still have the situation of horford playing out of position.

daleja424
07-16-2008, 09:10 PM
that trade would deplete our bench more and we still did not get any better. haslem is not an interior defender and we still have the situation of horford playing out of position.

If you say so...

A starting lineup of Bibby/Johnson/marion/haslem/horford and a bench with williams/childress/law doesn't look so bad depth wise. You could use the MLE to get a backup big man...ala Kwame Brown. Who uses more then a 8-9 man rotation anyways? and why is horford out of position at the 5?

kylem4711
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
just a question.
why do you like deandre jordan to much?

as a clipper fan, i would do the camby and jordan trade for smith any day.

but how would the contracts work? a sign and trade with smith for how much?

MiamiHeat
07-17-2008, 10:48 AM
lol they dont see I TO I LOL!!, but in all seriousness
that would suck for you guys if smith doesnt stay, hope he comes to miami :D

f.i.l.a.
07-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I have disliked Mike Woodson for years now, and this just sends me over the top. If we loose J Smoove because we were dumb enough to re-sign our no good "coach" then I think I'm gonna lose it. Rick Sund is not getting off to a great start for me.

No sign and trade, just sign and make him stay in ATL. If one of the two have to go, get rid of the one that is more likely to keep us out of contention (woodson), and keep the one that will take us to the playoffs (J).

robyboy22
07-17-2008, 02:30 PM
I say This Trade!! need to happen!!!!

HAWKS: Lienas Klieza, Chucky Atkins, Steven Hunter

NUGGETS: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia

Not bad..... everyone is happy. plus hawks could get a free agent! This trade would benifit both teams!! :clap:

thedfactor
07-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Josh Smith to Dallas:

Mavericks trade Howard, Eddie Jones

Hawks trade Smith, Salim Stoudamire

KeepitReal
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
good

dawgsfan_45
07-17-2008, 11:46 PM
I say This Trade!! need to happen!!!!

HAWKS: Lienas Klieza, Chucky Atkins, Steven Hunter

NUGGETS: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia

Not bad..... everyone is happy. plus hawks could get a free agent! This trade would benifit both teams!! :clap:

are you serious. what players would help the hawks out from this trade.