PDA

View Full Version : Latest on possible Artest trade

DaNtHeMaN628
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
The report out of Sacramento mentioning Miami as a possible trade partner for Ron Artest doesn't make sense for the Heat. The trade suggested in the Sacramento Bee has the Heat sending Shawn Marion and his $17.8 million expiring contract to the Kings for Artest (who has an expiring contract) and Kenny Thomas (two years left on his deal).

Miami has been interested in Artest before, but this rumor seems unfounded at this point. Miami would like to get a center and a point guard. This trade would fill none of those needs. Thomas, a power forward, is owed more than $18 million over the next two seasons. Now, if Sacramento were to make the trade Artest and center Brad Miller--though their salaries exceed Marion's--it would be more attractive. (Artest, a small forward, is owed about $7.4 million next season.)

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/07/ron-artest-rumo.html

This validates what I've been saying all along if its for Artest and Miller the Heat has to make this trade especially if they could include Marcus Banks.

jrodmesche
07-16-2008, 10:54 AM
i like it but why expecially marcus banks?

DaNtHeMaN628
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Marcus Banks has 4 more years left on his contract and Heat is openly pursuing cap room in 2010. Plus that gives us a little cap room right now to sign a free agent.

twissst89
07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/07/15/camby.reax/?eref=sircrc

league sources said Smith would not be interested in returning to the Hawks if the team retained coach Mike Woodson, who recently signed a two-year extension. The two have butted heads frequently in Smith's four seasons, and sources said the relationship is beyond repair. With a dearth of offers, Smith may change his tune, but having a volatile relationship on such a young team may not be in the Hawks' best interest

Thats what we shud be going after.

kntresistheheat
07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree!!! With the addition of smith blount can just stand around and look dum:p and smith and beasley would make him look like an allstar!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/chris_mannix/07/15/camby.reax/?eref=sircrc

league sources said Smith would not be interested in returning to the Hawks if the team retained coach Mike Woodson, who recently signed a two-year extension. The two have butted heads frequently in Smith's four seasons, and sources said the relationship is beyond repair. With a dearth of offers, Smith may change his tune, but having a volatile relationship on such a young team may not be in the Hawks' best interest

Thats what we shud be going after.

sergiogon
07-16-2008, 01:00 PM
trade josh for marion!!!!chalmer,wade,josh,beasley what a four!!then only we have to look for C maybe kwame or....

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
i've said it numerous times in the past few days and i'll say it again..this trade shouldnt happen unless we get mike miller as well. thomas is just down right bad lol. i could do without that dude. if we dont miller, then this is pointless because we'd be without a center/pg still. unless riley is wanting artest long term and passing on going after boozer/bosh in the upcoming years. who knows. all we could is sit back and wait

Wade_County
07-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Id rather have Marion then Artest, but like ive been saying for months ill take Josh Smith over both, but im willing to bet smith will be back in atlanta next year.......sign and trade for smith.....now that would be amazing. But there is no need for artest, marion fits better then he does and Marions contract expires next year.

Everyone forgets we have let to see a healthy wade, healthy Marion, hell a healthy Miami team play yet. And with the additions of Beasley and Mario, I'd keep Marion right now unless we can get a Good center or J smith.

greek miami hea
07-16-2008, 02:24 PM
chalmers,wade,marion(smith),beasley!!!!=championsh ip