PDA

View Full Version : J.D Drew Named A.L Allstar MVP

matthewredskin3
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
What a game! I'm not sure if all of you saw it but it was exciting as hell! JD got MVP for homering in the 7th to tie the game. He went 2-3 with a single and a homerun. Al won 4-3! WOO!

BrooklynBalla20
07-16-2008, 09:07 AM
i'm really happy for jd drew, hes had a hell of a season up to this point, and earning all-star mvp honors really tops off the first part of this great season for him, hopefully, he keep this up for the second half

Davey24
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Congrats to JD. Hell, it takes alot to get a cheer out of a Yankee Stadium crowd when you are a Red Sox player. And his homer to tie it got everyone in that stadium excited. Part of that goes to him being an overall good player who is typically very humble (unlike Papelbon, hence why he would get booed no matter what). But JD has been amazing all season long, played amazing in front of all his peers, and def deserved MVP. Congrats to him.

i am bob
07-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Congrats to J.D. He had a great game out there and in his 1st ever AB in an all-star game he outs one over the fence. Nice job J.D. you deserved it. Keep it up :clap:

Tragedy
07-16-2008, 09:57 AM
A HUGE congrats goes out to J.D.

Such a god performance, and such a classic game. Great to see J.D. get some props this season.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-16-2008, 11:57 AM
He had a very uncanny performance and showed that he's a good fit in our line up. I still cannot believe it. Last year at this time everyone was bashing including me. But JD Drew has put away his Halloween costume and come out to hit the hell out of the ball.

celticfan
07-16-2008, 12:01 PM
This is what the red sox wanted when they gave him his contract

Brooke
07-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats to J.D. He deserves it :)

He has had a great season so far and he played great last night

MVPOrtiz201
07-16-2008, 01:01 PM
I think it's only fitting that in the last year of this yankee stadium, that both all-star games (futures and MLB all-star game) were both won by red sox players (che-hsuan Lin, JD Drew). Anyway it was a great game by Drew and everyone that played in it. Congrats JD.

asomen
07-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Red Sox fans don't need to bury jerseys in the new Yankee stadium to curse the yankees. Red Sox players overshadowed this years allstar game...the last big game at yankee stadium. That's a good enough curse for me if there ever was one.

v3n0m
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
"One of those undescribable events," ... "To be voted in by the players and to be in this position is really an honor" JD Drew for the Wall Street Journal

Raidaz4Life
07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Great job JD, its moments like these that makes us JD supporters proud

sboyajian
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Red Sox fans don't need to bury jerseys in the new Yankee stadium to curse the yankees. Red Sox players overshadowed this years allstar game...the last big game at yankee stadium. That's a good enough curse for me if there ever was one.

that should start an argument with NYY fans..

only Drew really did well.

oh yeah... wtg jd

asomen
07-16-2008, 03:21 PM
that should start an argument with NYY fans..

only Drew really did well.

oh yeah... wtg jd

Well I mean if you think about it...this was supposed to be New York's last going out horrah right?

It starts off with the Soxs being in first going into this game and Yanks being in 3rd.

Then you have Papelbon putting all the attention on him going into the game and taking the attention a bit off the Yankee Stadium spotlight.

Then you have Yankee fans not knowing whether to boo Drew or cheer him....yankee fans have to question themselves about cheering for the enemy!! you had legit yankee fans cheering him.

And then to top it off Drew wins MVP...i just think it took alot of spotlight off the fact it was the last allstar game there.

bosox3431
07-16-2008, 07:53 PM
it's awesome he won

But I heard something that I totally agree with on the radio this morning. They said GM just laid off some thousands of employees, then turn around and give a multi millionaire a brand new car.

The Intimidator
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
good for drew, he's had to go through alot, from his son's illness to struggles at the plate last year. he finally gets to an all-star game this year, and he made the most of it. congrats drew.

Apophis
07-17-2008, 02:03 AM
What a game! I'm not sure if all of you saw it but it was exciting as hell! JD got MVP for homering in the 7th to tie the game. He went 2-3 with a single and a homerun. Al won 4-3! WOO!

:clap::clap: for Drew... He deserved it.... He was my choice for MVP and my National league choice if they had won was Miguel Tejada..

The Intimidator
07-17-2008, 07:51 AM
that homerun off of volquez was a real rocket...it got into the seats in no more than two seconds.

sboyajian
07-17-2008, 09:07 AM
it's awesome he won

But I heard something that I totally agree with on the radio this morning. They said GM just laid off some thousands of employees, then turn around and give a multi millionaire a brand new car.They tried to give a car to a fan at the derby too.. it just didn't happen.

How much it cost GM to make those two vehicles wouldn't even pay 1 person's salary. They are hoping, and it likely will, that the publicity they got from those events will cause people to buy a Chevy Tahoe Hybrid.

If only 2 or 3 people out of the millions that watched bought one.. or go to the dealership and end up buying any chevy or GM in place off, they have made their money back.

bosox3431
07-17-2008, 06:51 PM
They tried to give a car to a fan at the derby too.. it just didn't happen.

How much it cost GM to make those two vehicles wouldn't even pay 1 person's salary. They are hoping, and it likely will, that the publicity they got from those events will cause people to buy a Chevy Tahoe Hybrid.

If only 2 or 3 people out of the millions that watched bought one.. or go to the dealership and end up buying any chevy or GM in place off, they have made their money back.

Yea I understand it's just one car, but give it to a fan, not a guy who makes 12 million a year

The Intimidator
07-17-2008, 08:06 PM
those guys usually give those cars away though, whether it be to a family member or a friend. sometimes they even give them to charity.

Tragedy
07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
those guys usually give those cars away though, whether it be to a family member or a friend. sometimes they even give them to charity.
Yeah, I've heard of instances where they give them to charity.

Why can't they just donate the car to some sort of raffle, or something? Just giving it to a millionaire, even though we know they won't keep it, just seems so dirty.

sboyajian
07-17-2008, 10:41 PM
He made so much money for GM though just standing there and taking it.. it was kind of like getting a paid endorsement.

lil'papi
07-18-2008, 10:10 AM
He made so much money for GM though just standing there and taking it.. it was kind of like getting a paid endorsement.

Like GM will be better off for giving away a car. They just cut their nascar endorsements, they cut out four major truck factories and laid off thousands.

Giving a car to a millionare is wrong they don't need incentives. This car should be donated to charity only!

They could easily name a charity in the players name that wins it. I've always thought its tacky. Football is different no guaranteed contracts. :D

14mil per year he can give all his friends cars once a week. :p

The Intimidator
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I've heard of instances where they give them to charity.

Why can't they just donate the car to some sort of raffle, or something? Just giving it to a millionaire, even though we know they won't keep it, just seems so dirty.

i hear you...