PDA

View Full Version : Unlike Miles, Koufos gets it.

HotRodsHair
07-16-2008, 07:36 AM
On one hand you have young CJ Miles, who skips last years Rocky Mt Review and comes to camp "way, way behind" and out of shape according to Sloan. This year he follows that up by missing the review again, and deciding not to work out with the team.

On the other hand you have young Koufos. Here is a kid who has been offered a spot on the Greek Olympic team and has been vocal about his willingness to pass on that honor in pursuit of his efforts to do all he can with the Jazz first. He is willing to pass on the Olympics for playing time in the review. This according to yesterdays Salt Lake Tribune article:
"Even though he is missing an Olympic qualifying tournament to play in the Revue, rookie Kosta Koufos said he still might be able to play for Greece in Beijing.
'They know this is mandatory,' Koufos said of the Greek coaches. 'I'm keeping all my doors open, but right now this is the priority and I'm fortunate enough to be playing here in a Utah Jazz uniform.'"

I view CJ as a kid with a lot of potential talent much in the mold of a young Deshawn Stevenson. We weren't able to wait long enough for Deshawn, but would probably love to have his athleticism and talents today. We will probably say goodbye to Mr. Miles simply because of his lack of dedication.

But given what I have seen of Koufos and Miles so far, I would gladly offer Koufos a spot on this team today in place of Miles.

futureman
07-16-2008, 10:16 AM
He's gone. I can't believe he did this again and he actually won me over last season to the point where he was my second favorite player on the team. I don't know where else he thinks he can play but this would probably scare off the pistons as well who are also interested in pursuing him. If he doesn't want to improve we should just get rid of him. Do we have to sign somone we already made a qualifying offer for?

THE_FLASH_21
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Same here Futureman.. CJ was one of my fav. player.... BUT NO WAY do we get rid of him... This kid has star potential. He's just really hard headed.. I thought he could battle it out for a starting spot!

HotRodsHair
07-16-2008, 11:11 AM
We can rescind the qualifying offer at any time. I've seen teams do it in the past, and think the Jazz may have done so as well. Didn't they do that to Dee Brown last year?

Anyway, I don't care how much talent a guy has, if he doesn't buy in and work hard to earn the deal now, what makes anyone think he will suddenly work hard once he has the long term big money contract which is guaranteed? The kid looks like he has talent, but until he gets the inner fire, I don't want the Jazz to waste valuable cap space on a hope that he will some day develop.

JAZZNC
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
We can rescind the qualifying offer at any time. I've seen teams do it in the past, and think the Jazz may have done so as well. Didn't they do that to Dee Brown last year?

Anyway, I don't care how much talent a guy has, if he doesn't buy in and work hard to earn the deal now, what makes anyone think he will suddenly work hard once he has the long term big money contract which is guaranteed? The kid looks like he has talent, but until he gets the inner fire, I don't want the Jazz to waste valuable cap space on a hope that he will some day develop.

Agreed. I don't think that he likes the Jazz organization b/c they didn't play him last year or the year before b/c he simply didn't do what the team asked him to do. Hell Deron Williams played two years in the RMR and this kid thinks that he doesn't have to? What a dumbass. I really thought that he had learned his lesson but evidently not, he's just a kid that thinks too highly of himself not "wanting to get hurt". You're not Kobe, Wade, Lebron, or hell even starter material on the Knicks for Christ's sake. Oh well, good luck Mr. Miles b/c I believe you signed your own pink slip.

Lo Porto
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Do we expect Brewer to play in the Revue? Then why should we expect Miles to? You guys bashing CJ are creating a double standard. Miles made a dumb decision last year, but a good decision this year. Any scout can tell Miles has talent to be good in this league.

bw2893
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Trade Miles with AK for a better player like G. Wallace. Get rid of him and be done with it.

HotRodsHair
07-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Do we expect Brewer to play in the Revue? Then why should we expect Miles to? You guys bashing CJ are creating a double standard. Miles made a dumb decision last year, but a good decision this year. Any scout can tell Miles has talent to be good in this league.

Um, you're comparing a second year starter with a guy who comes into camp out of shape two years in a row and doesn't show the effort to play consistant D. Not a good comparison.

CJ could be the most talented guy in the world, but unless he finds dedication and the mentality to work hard, he won't go anywhere.

You know who he reminds me of? Chris Morris. That was a guy with all the talent in the world, considered by some, even MJ himself, to be the second coming of airjordan. Talent and physical ability mean nothing without the right work ethic.

Bye bye CJ.