PDA

View Full Version : Lambert instead of Bonine?

hoog
07-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Has everyone seen enough of Eddie Bonine? I'm ready to see what LAmbert can do or even a re-take of Virgil Vasquez. Both have been doing quite well their last few starts but there's always been something about LAmbert that I liked so I'd much rather see him get the call up. There really isn't any other choices out there but another run with Bonine or bringing up a youngster like Porcello (which I don't think would be a good idea at this point) or Alfredo Figaro (who is doing great but still is at West Michigan). Who should be the next 5th starter for us?

Bondomania
07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I agree that Bonine isn't the answer. I think we have to see what other options we have, because Bonine has been lit up by the AL...

smarkow
07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
well, considering Boning left his last start after taking a line drive off his shin, he may not be ready to go anyway.

Dalionking
07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
yeah they are saying he will be called up for monday's game.

i say we trade for burnett. they say they want a ss in return.

Bondomania
07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
agreed... we will need to acquire a 5th starter if we are going to make a run.. i am predicting Bonine's next start will be his last for the season

smarkow
07-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Looks like neither Lambert nor Bonine is starting on Monday. Miner gets the call. I wonder why Leyland isnt giving Lambert a try. Any clues? My only thought is that Leyland likes to go with experienced guys, and Miner does have experience pitching at this level. Hopefully he will show that Leyland made the right choice. I personally like Miner, so i hope he performs well and can hold up at the 5th starter position.

DamusFucious777
07-20-2008, 11:01 PM
Lambert instead of Bonine?

I was hoping Lambert instead of Miner.