PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be willing to trade top prospects for Roy Halladay

LAStory
07-16-2008, 04:40 AM
There are reports of him being frustrated with the blue jays, because of there playing.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jSE7KKwpVge6upgCwZFPBJ3vk7ZQ

Would you be willing to offer a large deal for him. His contract ends after the 2010 season.

Finding a way to trade without bills or kershaw, adding him and if Sabathia wants to come over, a rotation of

Sabathia
Halladay
Bills
Kershaw
Kuroda

That wouldn't be matched by anyone. The team has hard time finding consistent offense, so go all out on pitching.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-16-2008, 04:56 AM
Heck yes I would!

Thing is it's like any of the reported trade rumors for me, no Kemp, Bills or Kershaw.

LAStory
07-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Heck yes I would!

Thing is it's like any of the reported trade rumors for me, no Kemp, Bills or Kershaw.

Kemp I could live with leaving, but no Bills, Kershaw, or martin. Everyone else is all tradable.

southerndodgerf
07-16-2008, 12:14 PM
No doubt. Workhorse and ace.

bestlakersfan
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
This is one guy that is definitely worth going after. He is a fantastic pitcher and doesn’t get the recognition he deserves because he pitches in Toronto. It would be interesting to see what they ask for, but I don’t think it would be feasible unless they get a ton of prospects back. The package would undoubtedly have to include near major league ready and A+ prospects. Maybe a package of Ethier, DY, Hu and McDonald?

In any case, I would LOVE to have Halladay.

mcpeepants23200
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
I agree that we shouldn't give up Bills, Kershaw, Martin or Kemp. We wouldn't be in the running for Halladay though. The Jays are going to want quality hitting prospects and we really don't have any above AA. I'd love to have Halladay though. He's a true ace and he's durable as they come.

dodgerdave
07-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll trade Kemp for him.

blujaysrock
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
lmao this frustrates me,

f you think this will happen read this http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080715.wsptjays0715/GSStory/GlobeSportsBaseball/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20080715.wsptjays0715

Tapptout
07-16-2008, 02:23 PM
What a boner killing article.

nme
07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Jays fans needn't worry about losing ace Roy Halladay. Halladay himself said that. Team president Paul Godfrey considers Halladay his franchise player, and already has him under contract through 2010 at a below-market rate.

According to Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail, the Jays are likely to talk about extending Halladay further in the offseason. The player is open to it, noting that he doesn't want talks to linger into the '09 season.

From mlbtraderumors.com

haven't read the aforementioned article yet, but I imagine it bears the same gist. Halladay would have been amazing, but did anyone actually think that this was at all possible??? Now we're turning into delusional Dodger fans.

THINKBLUE15
07-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Never going to happen first of all, and pitching is the least of our worries. We aren't going to make holes, and break up the young core for someone who pitches every 5 days, ESPECIALLY because Sabathia is comming next year. If we didn't have a shot at Sabathia, I would consider it. But it won't happen anyways.

Shawh
07-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Doesn't look like Halladay wants out. And I agree with ThinkBlue, we need some big hitters, not more pitchers. I'm all for picking up a bona fide ace, but there are some great options (CC, Sheets, etc) in FA.

SportsFan1988
07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Hell yes. He's arguably the best starter in the major leagues for god sakes!!!!!, you do what you gotta do to grab him, and that means go the distance, because he's the kind of guy that would make a big impact towards your team, and fast.

MrChris951
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Doesn't look like Halladay wants out. And I agree with ThinkBlue, we need some big hitters, not more pitchers. I'm all for picking up a bona fide ace, but there are some great options (CC, Sheets, etc) in FA.

I agree let's wait until the off season to go after a big pitcher....we need help with our offense now

LAdiablo
07-16-2008, 09:27 PM
What a boner killing article.

personally i was only semi erect at the idea it just didn't seem plausible. that article did however return me to flaccid. time for the second half