PDA

View Full Version : Idea...

CAIN=FUTURE
07-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I came up with an idea to make sure All Star managers don't have to worry about over using pitchers if the game goes to, I don't know, the 16th inning. Its pretty simple actully. My idea is that each team should get 2 or 3 reserve starters who are "fresh". But they can only come in if all pitchers have been used and the game is in extra innings.

Thoughts.

dcannon456
07-16-2008, 02:47 AM
nah, i still think it should be managed like a real game, and if you have 5 starters in your bullpen, use them for a couple innings each.

if everyone goes 3 innings each like cook this isnt a discussion, instead they try to get every single person an inning and every player an atbat, its ridiculous

ugafan
07-16-2008, 03:09 AM
Webb went 1 inning, shouldve let him go more, who knew when it was gonna end?

KiLLA RAiDER
07-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Webb went 1 inning, shouldve let him go more, who knew when it was gonna end?
He wasnt even supposed to pitch?! He threw like over 100 pitches Sunday!!:eyebrow:

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-16-2008, 07:46 AM
nah, i still think it should be managed like a real game, and if you have 5 starters in your bullpen, use them for a couple innings each.

if everyone goes 3 innings each like cook this isnt a discussion, instead they try to get every single person an inning and every player an atbat, its ridiculous

Its hard to manage like a real game because a manager doesn't want to over work another teams pitcher

Sportscenterman
07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
Kazmir through 104 pitches on Sunday as well, he could only pitch a certain amount of pitches, same as Webb, before they were not going to be allowed to pitch any longer. Something needs to be done to where some players are saved just in case. Pitchers that pitch on Sunday, starters, maybe get a replacement for the game because they really cant pitch in the game. If Webb and Kazmir didnt pitch on sunday and were used for an inning during the 9 inning game, both teams would have had one less pitcher from what they had

iam brett favre
07-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Nope. The answer=let starters go more than 2 innings.

Tragedy
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Nope. The answer=let starters go more than 2 innings.
So then even less pitchers get to participate in such a fun event?