PDA

View Full Version : Official Willie Parker Thread

SenecaValley46
07-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Ok so this Kevin Jones possible signing caused up some stir. People saying he might not be full strength, or we should trade him.

What do you guys tink we could get for value for Parker, if Russel is this future pro bowler then we might be better off to part ways. We have Moore anyways now.

What do you think we could get maybe a 3rd? or even do something like trade him for another player ex: trade him to the dolphins for jason taylor

i dont know, just some different ideas

what do you guys think? how would you handle it?

NYMetros
07-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I wouln't trade him at all. We haven't even seen him in game action, so how do we know if he is still injured or not? For all we know, he is completely at full strength. And if he isn't 100%, then we have zmendenhall who will be able to take some of his carries away.

But if we were to trade him, I would sure hope we would get more than a 3rd rounder for him. I think he is worth at least an early 2nd rounder.

Steelersbud420
07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Don't count Fast Willie out. Dude is a fighter I mean just look at where he came from (undrafted rookie to leading the league in rushing before the injury) He'll be back and with a little compitition from Mendenhall better than ever.

Raetz52
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Trade Willie? Yeah right, no way.

NYMetros
07-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Trade Willie? Yeah right, no way.

I think what SV46 is saying, hypothetically, if Willie is not the same after the injury, then what type of value do you think we would get for him. If Willie goes back to being himself though, then he is one of the best in the business and there's no way we would trade him.

SenecaValley46
07-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah I like Willie dont get me wrong. Just if Russel turns out to be this pro bowl guy, im pretty sure Mendenhalls the real deal. Moore is just under contract and focuses on special teams.. We'd have to release Russel (bad if he is the caliber player the coaching staff makes him seem) or trade Parker. It might be our only options. Some Steeler fans believe we should get some value.. Just wanted everyones opinions. Parker could bring in some nice value

Steelersbud420
07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
But if the Steelers have little faith in him than other teams aren't likely to give up much to get him. But if we were able to get him maybe some help at o-line or d-line would be nice

rwarz8
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Yeah I like Willie dont get me wrong. Just if Russel turns out to be this pro bowl guy, im pretty sure Mendenhalls the real deal. Moore is just under contract and focuses on special teams.. We'd have to release Russel (bad if he is the caliber player the coaching staff makes him seem) or trade Parker. It might be our only options. Some Steeler fans believe we should get some value.. Just wanted everyones opinions. Parker could bring in some nice value

Even if Parker isn't quite the same, who's to say that russell would be anywhere in the mix? Mendenhall and Moore seem to be the logical back-ups, with russell taking 5-10 carries. We'd be lucky to strike gold twice with two players who weren't even projected as likely backups. Best case scenario: mendenhall and parker split carries with moore as the capable 3rd down back. Our RB depth is good enough where we shouldn't be having this discussion at the moment. The only real question marks are special teams (which we seem to have shored up over the off season) and the secondary. If Polomalu plays as expected, however, look for an incredible all around season; he's the key defensively.

CubbieSteve
07-22-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't know why anyone would want to trade Willie. He's still young. And nobody knows if he's regressed since the injury last season. He hasn't played a game yet. He and Mendenhall will be a potent duo for da Steelers this season.