PDA

View Full Version : b wright

butta81
07-16-2008, 01:28 AM
:cool:do the warriors start b wright? he is along way from being great. do we make a trade?

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 01:35 AM
sure. there are plenty of great pf just waiting to get picked up. wright is gonna make great strides this year. were not giving up on him after one year. if anythign he is gonna be very active rbound block and change shot right away. not mention has is very quick for a big man

GoldenSt8OfMind
07-16-2008, 03:38 AM
If Wright keeps getting pushed around inside the paint, we might as well put Maggette at PF and go extra small ball and open up the 2 for Belinelli...Wright needs to really get bigger

ridere46
07-16-2008, 05:14 AM
too soon. i'd like to see him play more. he has a lot of potential and very fun to watch.

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
i think he might start by seasons end or even next year .. i like bw too but he should still come off the bench for now...

GLobo
07-16-2008, 12:47 PM
he showed how great he can be with consistent playing time...i hope he starts and gets 30 minutes a game, him and biedrens together will really shore up our defensive interior and help in the run and gun beating the other big men down the court

Kdirt
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
We need to trade Harrington and throw Wright in there. I really think he can average a dbl dbl this year with enough playing time. Its gonna look slim with him and Biedrins up front, but we run and gun anyway, so we are going to score points. Al Harrington wasnt a great defender anyway, so atleast Wright will help us on the boards and blocks department.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 12:19 AM
We need to trade Harrington and throw Wright in there. I really think he can average a dbl dbl this year with enough playing time. Its gonna look slim with him and Biedrins up front, but we run and gun anyway, so we are going to score points. Al Harrington wasnt a great defender anyway, so atleast Wright will help us on the boards and blocks department.

I like Wright, but give me some of what your smoking cause it must be good.

If Wright can't average a double double with 30 minute per game in the summer league, how is he gonna average a double double during the regular season? Right now Wright is averaging 14.3 pts and 6.3 rebounds not even close to a double double.

I'd trade him, but we can't get much for him. Bust lottery picks are a dime a dozen, I hope that's not the case but I seriously doubt he's going to be a star.

smearthebeard
07-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Garlic Fries!!! Your posts are a complete joke. Do you go to any games? Do you know how to play the game? Almost every theam would trade for BW. What are you smokin dude?

Lincoln Logs
07-17-2008, 02:08 AM
No Garlic knows his stuff, and he has a point about Wright not getting 10 rebounds in Summer League. He does have a very high FG rating though, but isn't taking that many shots. He proved that he could be a good rebounder in the minutes he got in the regular season last year with his length, so I'm baffled as to why he isn't getting more. Many of you will say his weight, but he should still be doing better in Summer League against mostly inferior players even if he is only 205. No player, Warriors or opposing team, besides Maureese Sprights has gotten more than 10 rebounds in a Warrior Game, so since it's summer leauge, and there's a foul on everyplay, perhaps there just arn't as many chances to rebound a ball due to players getting to the line.

That being said, I'm one of the biggest Wright supporters here. I think he could turn into a very special player, but we knew it would take time. There's still time till the season, time to put on more weight and adress his other weaknesses, so I fully expect him to make an impact off the bench next year, and be starting by midseason. Way to early to trade him though.

Tmac416
07-17-2008, 02:38 AM
i like how people like to use summer league sometimes as stat to suport their case but if it doesnt then they say oh summer league, who cares.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Garlic Fries!!! Your posts are a complete joke. Do you go to any games? Do you know how to play the game? Almost every theam would trade for BW. What are you smokin dude?

Put your money where you mouth is. I switch playing to boxing, because of all the fights or lack of play and talk. We can box if you'd like Gilroy boxing gym or your gym. Put your money where your mouth is!!!

ULT WARRIOR408
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Dont Wanna Start Him But He Might Be Able To Find His Way In The Rotation This Season.

Bosh=nextKG
07-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Put your money where you mouth is. I switch playing to boxing, because of all the fights or lack of play and talk. We can box if you'd like Gilroy boxing gym or your gym. Put your money where your mouth is!!!

Haha come on garlic stop messin wid teh dude. It ain't worth it and since he is questionin ur bball knowledge, i think he would prefer to play u in bball.

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-17-2008, 11:17 AM
I don't mind if he starts. This could actually speed up the maturing process and we can either keep him or raise his trade value. I still think we need to move AL a Stack Jack. Not because i don't love them as Warriors but we need to see what we have in our youth. If we get rid off that cap space we can make a run for a great player in the next two off seasons.

oracle650
07-17-2008, 12:00 PM

LOL garlic rollin the sleeves up. saying lets take it to the streets. the nba where takin no bs happens. :Dso you guys should go one on one though. :clap:

PolloLoco
07-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Brandan Wright I believe is our biggest questionmark, bigger even than point guard. I was concerned when in the most recent interview Nelson was asked to comment on Randolph and Wright - and said nothing about Wright. That said, I'd still like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

garlicboy, I've boxed some - but I still have to say your comment to that other poster makes no sense whatsoever, LOL. If he challenged your basketball knowledge - then play him at basketball. Switching the playing field is weak and proves nothing.

Kdirt
07-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I like Wright, but give me some of what your smoking cause it must be good.

If Wright can't average a double double with 30 minute per game in the summer league, how is he gonna average a double double during the regular season? Right now Wright is averaging 14.3 pts and 6.3 rebounds not even close to a double double.

I'd trade him, but we can't get much for him. Bust lottery picks are a dime a dozen, I hope that's not the case but I seriously doubt he's going to be a star.

B Wright is still one of the youngest players in the league, he would be a junior in college this coming year. And they only played what, like 3 summer league games? You cant go off of that. Get ya game up son.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Haha come on garlic stop messin wid teh dude. It ain't worth it and since he is questionin ur bball knowledge, i think he would prefer to play u in bball.

Lot's of games these days end arguments/borderline fights/ or fights unfortunately. Especially with the N1 sh-t these days. No mercy to a teenager punk who tries to dribble the ball off my head.