PDA

View Full Version : Whats next for the Denver Nuggets?

Theanswer76
07-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Ok so We sign back AC, Najera is a net, Camby is a clipper. What are the Nuggets trying to do, or should I say what's next? :confused:

Bausman
07-16-2008, 01:18 AM
The lottery

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 01:22 AM
They're in trouble.

I guess they are ready to rebuild?

It's time to sell the rest of the guys now that they have shipped off Camby.

Kyben36
07-16-2008, 05:11 AM
What is Next. well next for you is a terible season. NBA draft Lotery, Releasal of AI. Another Terible Season. 2010. Next chance I see you guys having.

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 08:18 AM
What about just doing this deal:

I've been throwing this idea around now for the Nuggets

The Nuggets should just go ahead and trade Melo and Iverson along with Atkins to the Bulls for Rose, Gordon, Deng and Hughes so that they are not paying the luxury tax and have some flexibility in the future.

Lineup would look like this:

Nuggets
Rose/Carter
Gordon/Smith
Deng/Diawara
Kmart/Kleiza
Nene/Hunter

Bulls
Hinrich/Atkins
Iverson/Thabo
Melo/Nocioni
Gooden/Tyrus
Noah/Gray

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Clippers will be ahead of us in the seeding... Hell I doubt we will make it to the playoffs.... Blazers are up and coming and now the Clippers?

Yeah, terrible for the Nuggets next season... AI is going to be released, Melo will be involved in another trade rumor... I doubt we reach 45 wins next season

I'm kind of sad right now :(

We better land a good *** player now that Eddie and Camby (our two hustlers) are gone... Josh Smith at the 4 anyone?

babyshaq87
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
if ur FO traded cambt for cap space i don't see u signing josh smith even if he would be perfect for you..
Carter-AI-Melo-Smith-K-Mart would be great!!

C-Dub
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
kmart and smith are both PF that are like 6'9''. I love the idea of having both Kmart and Smith but Kmart cant play C. We should include Kmart in a trade for a PG or C and sign Smith and Livingston and Smith.

traiter
07-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Clippers will be ahead of us in the seeding... Hell I doubt we will make it to the playoffs.... Blazers are up and coming and now the Clippers?

Yeah, terrible for the Nuggets next season... AI is going to be released, Melo will be involved in another trade rumor... I doubt we reach 45 wins next season

We better land a good *** player now that Eddie and Camby (our two hustlers) are gone... Josh Smith at the 4 anyone?

This wasn't a BAD deal for either party including the Nuggets!!

Cambys stock was the highest it was going to be and because of his injury riddled past. So we dealt him before he was untradable (ala - Kenyon or NENE).

It shows that we have a plan in mind as well that we recognized what we were doing or have done won't cut it. Now between the cap room camby freed up and iversons expiring contract (either at the trade deadline or at the end of the seaspon) we will have shed 40 million of the cap.

Anyone who doesn't think thats a good plan go look at the 2009 free agent list, not to mention the 2010!

Yes this might make us somewhere between a 35-50 win team and make making the playoffs hard but really is one bad year on the way to rebuilding any worse then being the 4th highest payroll in the league and being bounced in the first round AGAIN??

having a front office with a plan is better then have a front office satisfied with mediocrity!

traiter
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Read this article and it will help you understand more!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...t&lid=tab5pos1

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I say we throw the season try to get a lottery pick. WE then would still have 23mil in cap space because AI and AC contracts will be gone plus we would still have a 9mil trade exception. 09 offseason could be huge or if u want to wait alittle longer for 10.

Broncs4Life
07-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I've been listening to the radio & most of the "experts" are prediciting that Denver is not done dealing yet. They hinted that major changes could be coming soon...What exactly that means, I'm not sure but hopefully they do something to get a true starting PG and maybe another big man.

C-Dub
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
I hope so, Im glad camby is gone but he is worth way more to us than a future 2nd round swap.

Game_Over
07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
First off I'm tired of hearing the Nuggs are just horrible now come on..

What if with this now we can go trade for Billips now for some smaller contract like LK and Atkins or someone with that $10 Mil..

I'll type more tonight when I'm not working lol..

BigDaddyKaine
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM

i doubt nuggets win 40 games now... hell they might not win 30 games now... if you thought they had no defense last year there gonna be far worse this year

BigDaddyKaine
07-16-2008, 05:54 PM
I've been listening to the radio & most of the "experts" are prediciting that Denver is not done dealing yet. They hinted that major changes could be coming soon...What exactly that means, I'm not sure but hopefully they do something to get a true starting PG and maybe another big man.

i believe there not done trading but not in a lets win now kinda way... i believe there gonna make a rebuilding type of trade like trade carmelo or AI

THE MTL
07-16-2008, 06:15 PM

Cambys stock was the highest it was going to be and because of his injury riddled past. So we dealt him before he was untradable (ala - Kenyon or NENE).

It shows that we have a plan in mind as well that we recognized what we were doing or have done won't cut it. Now between the cap room camby freed up and iversons expiring contract (either at the trade deadline or at the end of the seaspon) we will have shed 40 million of the cap.

Anyone who doesn't think thats a good plan go look at the 2009 free agent list, not to mention the 2010!

Yes this might make us somewhere between a 35-50 win team and make making the playoffs hard but really is one bad year on the way to rebuilding any worse then being the 4th highest payroll in the league and being bounced in the first round AGAIN??

having a front office with a plan is better then have a front office satisfied with mediocrity!

Really second round pick is his highest stock.

Game_Over
07-16-2008, 06:25 PM
i doubt nuggets win 40 games now... hell they might not win 30 games now... if you thought they had no defense last year there gonna be far worse this year

Now the all mighty Clippers are winning the west lol.. I am mad about the trade that we got nothing back NOT that we traded him.. Wait you will see Camby has some flaws (one on one defense, no low post threat, takes too many bad shots) Good luck with winning the west!!

IversonIsKrazy
07-16-2008, 06:28 PM
well im an Iverson fan, not really a nugz. But if i were u guys, trade of AI, but KEEP Melo. Dont trade AI 4 another old person, u trade 4 a young person, like either a PG or post player. I don't think u guys r going 2 go thru a TOTAL rebuiding stage, but there r going 2 b a lot of trades. In my opinion i would try not trading away Melo or JR. K-Mart & NENE r almost untradable, there contracts 2gehter are almost $25. So yah, rite now, this franchise is SKREWED!

Spanish Nuggets
07-16-2008, 06:31 PM
what about to try a trade with utah to add boozer? is imposible?

broncsnugzbrave
07-16-2008, 06:35 PM

I completely agree with you Camby's stock was up and it was a huge deal for the Nuggets to get rid of his salary and even get anything back. We need a true center who doesn't hang out at the 3 point line waiting for the ball to shoot 3s or one step in from the line. I want a presence in there to clear the lane for melo to drive.

broncsnugzbrave
07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
well im an Iverson fan, not really a nugz. But if i were u guys, trade of AI, but KEEP Melo. Dont trade AI 4 another old person, u trade 4 a young person, like either a PG or post player. I don't think u guys r going 2 go thru a TOTAL rebuiding stage, but there r going 2 b a lot of trades. In my opinion i would try not trading away Melo or JR. K-Mart & NENE r almost untradable, there contracts 2gehter are almost $25. So yah, rite now, this franchise is SKREWED!

Anyone can be traded but Melo he is getting better every year and with out him the Nugz will slip back into the darkness for years to come.

Nugget Tony
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
After the initial shock of the Camby debacle.....I am sitting here trying to figure this all out.....

I have to believe that the FO has someting in mind here......What that is we can only assume....

So lets assume for a minute....

We are setting ourselves up for the 2009-2010 FA pool.... (here is a list of all FA) http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Lets assume the FO is planning on just playing out this season as a wait and see season......Lets wait to pull the trigger on bringing in someone and lets see how this season plays out....and see where this puts us for next year....

Maybe they think that moving Camby...this lights a fire under Nenes *** to actually get his body and mind into shape to become that C we have always wanted him to be.....the question is wil Nene's health issues ever allow this kid to reach his full potential......

If this is the case and it all works out....then this would be addition by subtraction......Camby was actually overrated....His defense wasnt all it was cracked up to be....us Nugget fans know this.....Im not knocking his blocking ability and his boarding......but his actual Man D was weak.....and we all know what his "O" had become.....it will be nice to see our C actually play in position.....and this may open up things for AI, Melo and JR....by keepinf the D honest.....That is if GK actually makes the adjustments.....

or lets assume....

That this isnt the biggest shake up we will see this offseason. Maybe the FO has somthing even bigger brewing and moving Camby's Salary without bringing in someone elses garbage was key to getting something done.....

We can all sit back here as fans and gripe and bark and point fingers....but the fact of the matter is.....We do have a pretty solid cast of players...in JR, AI, Kleiza, NeNe?, K-Mart and yes even Melo......as much as that kills me to say...lol

Somtimes what first looks like a bad thing.....may actually turn into something good.....

As a Nugget fan I have to hold out hope for the good....unless the FO continues to Dump salary for future 2nd Round swaps.....

Then its time to Lynch that 3 headed monster....

rex.reyesiii
07-16-2008, 08:15 PM
On the bright side(?), i think reading sometime ago that there must be some confusion to who is the Leader of this team, now we have 1 less Captain sooo i guess that should somehow lessen the confusion etc...

DJiC
07-16-2008, 10:07 PM
whats the next big change? artest dosent want to be here/zbo wont help us/nowitzki? doubt the mavs would give him up/mike miller? hes more likely/and that about everyone thats decent left on the chopping block or someone who would do something for our team

Theanswer76
07-16-2008, 10:58 PM
im just wondering, do we have any chance of signing josh smith? or another big name free agent, im just wondering, thanks.

DJiC
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
josh smith would be nice now that we dont have camby/najera contract maybe we should go after smith....maybe sign him to what we were paying camby and jr smith to something around najera numbers

Theanswer76
07-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Yea but like money wise, do we have a chance of getting josh smith?

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't think there's any way we get Josh Smith.

DJiC
07-17-2008, 02:14 AM
14 mil is alot even for josh smith.....hes prob worth 10 min..12 most so as long as hawks wont match it should be all good...and i was watching espn and smith said he dosent want to be with the hawks as long as woodson is coach so chances of him leaving is about 95%

denversgm
07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
14 mil is alot even for josh smith.....hes prob worth 10 min..12 most so as long as hawks wont match it should be all good...and i was watching espn and smith said he dosent want to be with the hawks as long as woodson is coach so chances of him leaving is about 95%

really doesn't matter what he wants he is restricted.

Look at the NFL and Chad johnson he sure as hell didn't want to play for the bengals but he gots no choice.

Theanswer76
07-17-2008, 03:19 AM
really doesn't matter what he wants he is restricted.

Look at the NFL and Chad johnson he sure as hell didn't want to play for the bengals but he gots no choice.

good point, hopefuly if we get josh smith, we can be great, but thats if we get him, probably not, confusing what nuggets are trying to do

3RDASYSTEM
07-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Josh Smith Said He Doesnt Wanna Play In Atl If Woodson Is Coach Gotta See How This Plays Out Cuz I Wanna Say Woodson Jus Gotta 2 Yr Ext. Maybe He Can Be Had Cuz I Wouldnt Want A Player Who Doenst Wanna Play For My Team/coach

Stormblast
07-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Man that post above is really hard for me to read lol.

Consider the Nuggets to have a 0% chance of getting Smith even though we just gave away Camby, we are still over the cap. Unless we found a way to give away Iverson or K-Mart for free as well (not likely).