PDA

View Full Version : Will clippers make playoffs?

Antbanks21
07-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Now that the Clippers have agreed in principal on a trade with Denver for Marcus Camby for a second-round pick and acquired Baron Davis earlier, can they make the playoffs?

PG-Baron Davis
SG-Cuttino Mobley/Eric Gordon
SF-Al Thornton
PF-Marcus Camby
C-Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

-by the way this is my first time posting a thread so take it easy:)

philsphan28
07-15-2008, 11:03 PM
nah, the west is still too tough. Camby was a nice pick up, but I think The clips would have done better to go after a young guy like josh smith who could really develop with some of their other young talent (Gordon, Thornton).

TorontoRaptors4
07-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Who knows even though the west is so damn tough and experienced it could difficult or it could be like 2006.

goku
07-15-2008, 11:09 PM
maybe a 8 seed BIG MAYBE

sanfranfan1210
07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't think they will

phillyphan4ever
07-15-2008, 11:12 PM
no way, and welcome

don'tfireNedCo
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Now that the Clippers have agreed in principal on a trade with Denver for Marcus Camby for a second-round pick and acquired Baron Davis earlier, can they make the playoffs?

PG-Baron Davis
SF-Al Thornton
PF-Marcus Cambytim thomas

also, now there is more $ left to sign a vet or two who can really help. this is a good move. camby comes off the book before 2010 free agency anyhow

Jay22Redd
07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I dont know, its tough to say

*Superman*
07-15-2008, 11:27 PM
They could, they have the talent, they just need the chemistry since they added great players and lost a few. Even though its the west, i would say 65% they make the playoffs.

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 12:02 AM
They have a better chance to make it than Golden State does.

LASportsFan
07-16-2008, 12:25 AM

PG-Baron Davis
SF-Al Thornton
PF-Marcus Camby

That will be a very good team.

Thornton is very underrated.

Davis and Thronton can create their own shots and Camby and Kaman provide defense and rebonding.

I think they will finsh 5th in the west but they will be a great playoff team.

LASportsFan
07-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I can hear Ralph Lawlor Now,
http://www.nba.com/media/lawler_120.jpg
BINGO

ironkobe
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
no they want make it they want even win 25 games this year they got no offense other then davis in mobley in their all injury prone

superkegger
07-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Well it will be a 4 way fight for the 8th seed I think.

Blazers, Clippers, Warriors and Nuggets...I think its a tossup...

Giaps
07-16-2008, 12:46 AM
I still think Portland is better.

jsand3030
07-16-2008, 12:54 AM
nice move but no.. Camby will add defense but who else is gonna put the ball in the basket now that maggette and brand are gone? (yes yes i know davis is good for 20.) how is Baron going to except a control freak like Dunleavy? they arent going to be able to run with kamen and camby... the rest of the west is too much better.. oh and how are they better than the warriors just because Davis jumped ship? thats a joke?

argo
07-16-2008, 01:12 AM

PG-Baron Davis
SF-Al Thornton
PF-Marcus Camby

nice team for sure, but there's no guarantees in the west. camby is an odd pick-up - he and kaman are both centers, and thornton is a pf but is probably quick enough to guard sf's.. could be some mismatches when all three are on the floor together. jordan could be the steal of the draft, but again - why another center in camby?

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 01:18 AM
The Clippers added a great player, but they still have LARGE holes at the swingman positions at SG/SF.

kylem4711
07-16-2008, 01:47 AM
alright so here is the team.

Davis / Knight / Livingston*
Mobley / Gordon / Taylor
Thornton / Ross*
Camby / Thomas / Powell
Kaman / Jordan / Fazekas*

* will likely be signed.

this is a good team, but we do have some holes. but with the extra money, we still have the ability to sign another player like ricky davis or trade for jamal crawford for some more scoring. i believe that camby and kaman would be able to play some PF. I think the clips are going to be doing a lot of zone now too.

orrr

we can make a trade with the nets for VC. anything having to do with mobley, thomas, or camby. we all know they want lebron in 2010 and those three guys will be off the books in 2010. ;)

Cracka2HI!
07-16-2008, 03:16 AM
I can hear Ralph Lawlor Now,
http://www.nba.com/media/lawler_120.jpg
BINGO

LOL! Bingo Indeed!

It all depends on how healthy we stay. I think we have it all. The scoring should be fine. I expect Kaman, Thornton and Gordon all to average well over 15 ppg. If we stay healthy I think the only teams you can say for sure are better are; Spurs, Lakers, New Orleans and Utah. However I wouldn't put us ahead of Houston, Phoenix, Portland or Dallas.

I think the West isn't that tough anymore. It's very deep and the top 4 teams are very strong, but I think after the top 4 teams is pretty wide open for about 8 more teams. I can see finishing anywhere from 5th to 12th, and I think you'll see the experts be all over place when doing their predcitions.

goku
07-16-2008, 03:53 AM
it all depends if they are healthy baron is a injury prone player
mobley is older
kamenis injury prone
in the west its not easy to play from behind and try to get a spot

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 03:54 AM
Of course they wont

Chronz
07-16-2008, 04:09 AM
They have a chance now because theyve not only improved their team theyve considerably weakened a top rival.

ridere46
07-16-2008, 05:02 AM
clippers have a chance but they still have to beat out the blazers and warriors but at least denver is out of the picture since they gave away their best defensive player. which still puzzles me....

Iodine
07-16-2008, 05:07 AM
I really doubt they will

blackjack_119
07-16-2008, 05:59 AM
That team doesn't have enough to make the playoffs. That just seems like an odd combination of talent. I don't see any offensive or defensive philosophy with this group. It seems like the Clips are just trying to acquire talent and don't care how they play together.

They have a great fast break PG, and no one who will run with him. You have two above average centers, and its doubtful either is suited to play PF. The only perimeter threat is the PG (always a bad situation)

I predict that the 2008-09 Clippers will be the 2008 Mariners. Before the season starts, it looks like there are a lot of good individual pieces, which will lead some prognosticators to predict that they will play well... but the second those pieces have to play together, it will be abundantly clear that it is a bad team as they will have no synergy.

jsand3030
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
They have a chance now because theyve not only improved their team theyve considerably weakened a top rival.

How has this team improved with the loss of Brand and Maggette? Davis is an improvement at PG but they still lossed 2 really good players .... Oh and Camby is what 35? neverplayed a whole season, and isnt a great scorer.. yes i know hell play great Dfense but lets see how long hell last trying to keep up with Davis.. wheres the offense coming from? Davis averages about 20 pnts but jacks up alot of bad shots he doesnt have anyone else to carry the load when his shots arent falling..

DrDEADalready
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe, but your probably going to be fighting the Lakers for the 8th spot ;)

_Sn1P3r_
07-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I doubt they'll make the playoffs. I don't know, maybe they'll be fighting for the eighth spot and surprise but we'll see.

LAKERS 24/7
07-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Maybe, but your probably going to be fighting the Lakers for the 8th spot ;)

I doubt it, with the roster they have, the only top spot the lakers will be fighting for is the lottery :rolleyes: