PDA

View Full Version : Game 3: Summer League

Aliengames
07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
They're playing right now against the Bobcat's summer squad, and I'm trying to watch the feed from nba.com but I can't watch for more than a few seconds without it stopping and having to buffer. We're winning though.

EDIT: Haha, Marco Belinelli hits an off-balance three, and the PA guy goes Marcoooo BeliNEENEEE!

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 10:50 PM
omg i totoally forgot. i remebered all day then i forgot. yea it sucks the feed is bad

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Randolph is not playing and I don't think Hendrix is either. I can't watch, I'm sick thinking about the Clips getting Camby for a flip-flop of 2nd rounders.

I think the best GM's don't sleep, cause Mullin was sleeping on this one. In a perfect world, we would've shipped out Al for expirings from Cleveland, traded for Camby, then signed Maggette for a discounted price. With a slightly discounted Maggettte and not signing Turiaf, we would have been under the cap.

If Monta didn't work out at PG and Hinrich was still available for trade, we could've traded our expirings and a pick for Hinrich.

Oh well, the life of a Dub fan.

GWarrior
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
i have no problem with the feed. 28-17 first quarter. Belii 9pts, CJ Watson 4 assists

GWarrior
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
bellinelli is hot!!!!!

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah,
When he's on he's on. Who's guarding him?

Watson is doing a better job against the defensive pressure, but DJ's not really getting into him like Junior harrington on Friday.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Whoever is number 6, if that's Nelson, he's scared to take the ball up court. He's not a PG.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
My bad 6 is Ian Young, whoever that is. Nelson's may not be playing.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:16 PM
DJ just blew by CJ.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:24 PM
CJ has some quick hands, and the announcer just loves yelling Belinelli.

Why can't we inbound the ball?

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Wright should have jammed that blown lay-up. Nice steal but he didn't finish it.

Conor
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Belinelli is out of his mind tonight.

GWarrior
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
CJ Watson 12 pts, 6 assists, 4 steals. good numbers. lets see if he can do a double-double.

CityKid415
07-15-2008, 11:49 PM
that was a failed attempt to get the fans to dance.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:58 PM
CJ Watson 12 pts, 6 assists, 4 steals. good numbers. lets see if he can do a double-double.

You conveniently left out the 3 turnovers he had not too mention the 3 turnovers on the inbounds, because he can't shake DJ. He's scoring beautifully, but he's not creating much for others.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Right now he tried to go 1 on 1 instead of running offense got swatted and the topper committs the foul for free throws at the other end.

Time was running out though, so that's why he went 1 on 1. It was still ugly though.

GWarrior
07-16-2008, 12:03 AM
bellinelli also has 4 turnovers and no assists. in the 3rd qrt, they cant score and they cant defend.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Belinelli has the 4 TO's but he's the SG, and a lot of times he has to take the ball up court. That's not his responsibility, that's CJ's.

It's ugly.

Marco finally touched the ball for a shot.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:14 AM
If anything it shows just how much of a factor Anthony Randolph is, as he serves as another ballhandler and playmaker.

Charlotte is one of the weaker teams. Philly and Dallas are better than the Bobcats based on current pros and former pros. Biggest difference though was the added ballhandling and playmaking that Randolph brought to the court.

Aliengames
07-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Charlotte is one of the weaker teams.

Doesn't it stand to reason that the worse your NBA team is, the better your summer league team would be? And vice-versa.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Doesn't it stand to reason that the worse your NBA team is, the better your summer league team would be? And vice-versa.

No, it depends on who's playing.

Philly: 2 2nd year players(1st rounders, 1 lotto), Thaddeus Young, Jason Smith, 1 rookie, Maresse Speights.

Charlotte: 1 2nd year player Jermareo Davidson, 2 rookies.

Dallas: 1 NBA veteran PG: K. Mcleod, 1 3rd year player Gerald Green, 2nd rounder.

Philly is much better, but Charlotte and Dallas are even.

Lincoln Logs
07-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Belinelli 30 points! But his defense still sucks...
Watson did very well, IMO, especially compared to his past outings 23 points 7 assists. Thats more like it.
Wright only had 11 points and 5 rebounds, but the stats don't tell about how much energy he brought to the team. Played solid d as well.

Nelson was good, if only he would hit his free throws.

I was also VERY impressed by Augustine. I think he's going to be special.

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 10:47 AM
didnt get chance to watch it last nite.. watching it on tha cpu at work.... jsut always feels better to get paid to watch tha warriors lol... its only 10-5 rite now waiting to see marco go off i heard he had 30

Thatruth32
07-16-2008, 01:33 PM
yea nice game i just got done watching it marco looked good i just wish he could still knock down some of those open 3's he missing alot but i knew marco would have a good summer league lets hope tha shoot stays with him when it counts

elpatron310
07-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Anthony Randolph is the future of Golden State.

Bosh=nextKG
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Im glad Watson just showed up in game 3 and shut up all the ppl who were hating on him. He had a good showing while shooting well and finding his open teammates and he plays very good defense day in and day out. He should be teh backup to Monta

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Im glad Watson just showed up in game 3 and shut up all the ppl who were hating on him. He had a good showing while shooting well and finding his open teammates and he plays very good defense day in and day out. He should be teh backup to Monta

Did you watch the game??? I'm not hating on CJ. He was great as a scoere, but did not that great as a PG. Writers have their opinion, but when I watch the game, I trust my own two eyes and always bring my own analysis and opinion.

Bottom line, in the summer league you have to dominate, to show you even belong in the NBA. He dominated the D-league, he showed he could score. The question still remains, can he play PG? Baron is not here anymore to bail us out, he's going to have to be the main ballhandler out there on the court and the Leader.

the key stat for me is has 13 assists, but also has 13 turnovers during the summer league.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Whats Dumarcus Nelson Doing?

Lincoln Logs
07-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Pretty bad night for most of our players, except for Watson, and also Nelson, both of which played well for the second strait game. We got dominated by Jason Thompson, 20 pts, 10 boards, the guy we could of picked at 14. He does look like he could be a good player. Not to say I'd have him over Randolph though. Wright got 11 boards, which I'm sure gboy will just write off as usual :p, and say that his shooting was terrible, which it was tonight. Belinelli 6pts, 1-10 :(

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Pretty bad night for most of our players, except for Watson, and also Nelson, both of which played well for the second strait game. We got dominated by Jason Thompson, 20 pts, 10 boards, the guy we could of picked at 14. He does look like he could be a good player. Not to say I'd have him over Randolph though. Wright got 11 boards, which I'm sure gboy will just write off as usual :p, and say that his shooting was terrible, which it was tonight. Belinelli 6pts, 1-10 :(

LLogs,
We couldn't have picked J. Thompson, the Kings picked him before us.

I think right is a good guy, I just don't think he's going to be a star like many suggest. Just my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong.

I listened to him on KNBR the other day and his sentiments show that he doesn't view himself as a star, but rather as a "glue" guy. He's was also 208 pounds coming into the summer league and says he's probably lost some weight.

We hoped for 10-15 pounds, but we couldn't even get a measly 5. Looks like he has those accursed skinny genes.

Lincoln Logs
07-19-2008, 04:09 AM
LLogs,
We couldn't have picked J. Thompson, the Kings picked him before us.

I think right is a good guy, I just don't think he's going to be a star like many suggest. Just my opinion. I hope he proves me wrong.

I listened to him on KNBR the other day and his sentiments show that he doesn't view himself as a star, but rather as a "glue" guy. He's was also 208 pounds coming into the summer league and says he's probably lost some weight.

We hoped for 10-15 pounds, but we couldn't even get a measly 5. Looks like he has those accursed skinny genes.

Lol of course what was I thinking :rolleyes: Just a bad slip on my part :)

It is worrying that he hasn't gained much weight, but there's still time. He has all the skills and length to be a star, if he can just get that elusive weight...

garlicboy
07-19-2008, 04:15 AM
This guy needs to hang out with Barry Bonds and get some of that "Flax Seed Oil."

I say we pull a sniper mission and just hit him with a tranquilizer filled with roids.
I keep picturing the scene from Old Skool with Will Ferrell, "Your crazy man, your crazy..."