PDA

View Full Version : WHich team got the best bargain so far?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Free agents signed.

Philly?
LA Clips?
Miami?
Dallas?
Washington?

Having watched Jones play in Miami and considering the money I would say Miami. After losing Posey, Kapono, Damon Jones (who shot the lights out this weekend), having a pure shooter for $23 million, 5 years is a sweet, sweet deal. Especially since he can ply sg and sf. I am not saying he's better than Elton Brand or Baron Davis. I am just saying he is the best deal by far.

DQL
07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Phily. Get Brand for nothing :shrug:

Jonathan2323
07-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Best deal is James Jones and Baron Davis is second and Elton Brand third. this because of the money.

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 06:24 AM
the marcus camby one right now stands out to me. they got a proven vet for a 2nd round pick. with him and kaman AND the signing of baron davis. plus rookie eric gordon, deandre jordan and a young stud in al thorton..that team will have immediate impact based on their 2 offseason pickups. The Heat have yet to get their Center and it seems they arent 100% content with their PG situation since they still find a need to get one. james jones was a nice pick up and definitely filled one of the holes in the lineup but aside from that, they havent done much..yet.

HeatBBall
07-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd also have to agree that the marcus camby deal was a sweet one for the clippers. lucky them.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I posted this yesterday. Camby is the best deal by FAR.

_Sn1P3r_
07-16-2008, 10:56 PM
Camby was obtained for pretty much nothing. So Clips. The runner-up would be Philly.

Master Mind
07-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Clippers getting Camby and Dallas getting Gerald Green--Diamond in the rough, he will be a star!!!

Jonathan2323
07-16-2008, 11:39 PM
the only thing Gerald Green can do is dunk thats about it.

Diehardheatfan
07-17-2008, 12:34 AM

Yeah and seeming that there wont be a situation where you can dunk with birthday cakes or without shoes on that guy is pretty much useless

Diehardheatfan
07-17-2008, 12:40 AM
the marcus camby one right now stands out to me. they got a proven vet for a 2nd round pick. with him and kaman AND the signing of baron davis. plus rookie eric gordon, deandre jordan and a young stud in al thorton..that team will have immediate impact based on their 2 offseason pickups. The Heat have yet to get their Center and it seems they arent 100% content with their PG situation since they still find a need to get one. james jones was a nice pick up and definitely filled one of the holes in the lineup but aside from that, they havent done much..yet.

yeah but the great thing is the heat have still had the best off season yet!!!! Beasley- most talented rookie, Chalmers-Steal of the draft, Jones- Great addition for a flexible cheap contract!!! Plus we are still waiting on the august pat riley trade special(where we give up stuff like rasual butler,Eddie Jones and get jason williams, james posey, and antonie walker in exchange and win a title.)

daleja424
07-17-2008, 07:59 AM
yeah but the great thing is the heat have still had the best off season yet!!!! Beasley- most talented rookie, Chalmers-Steal of the draft, Jones- Great addition for a flexible cheap contract!!! Plus we are still waiting on the august pat riley trade special(where we give up stuff like rasual butler,Eddie Jones and get jason williams, james posey, and antonie walker in exchange and win a title.)

you forgot the other major signing- dwayne wade's knees. That is the biggest addition of the offseason. Those knees alone will win us at least 20 more games...

noturnormalhero
07-17-2008, 09:13 AM

i think darrel arthur and deandre jordan slipping down that far could also be seen as major steals...even Hibbert to some extent. and rasual butler lol. sup with that dude gettin arrested a few weeks ago carrying a concealed firearm and improperly displaying a firearm? lolol

greek miami hea
07-17-2008, 09:45 AM
you forgot the other major signing- dwayne wade's knees. That is the biggest addition of the offseason. Those knees alone will win us at least 20 more games...

with those knees,every team in the playoffs seams to be a little obstacle to win the trophy!wade!he s our "god"!:clap:

Diehardheatfan
07-17-2008, 10:27 AM

I agree totally... you waiting for that pat riley special?

Diehardheatfan
07-17-2008, 10:28 AM
i think darrel arthur and deandre jordan slipping down that far could also be seen as major steals...even Hibbert to some extent. and rasual butler lol. sup with that dude gettin arrested a few weeks ago carrying a concealed firearm and improperly displaying a firearm? lolol

They are in deed steals especially de andre jordan... Chalmers is by far the steal of the draft though!!!

fins08
07-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Phily. Get Brand for nothing :shrug:

If only $82 Million was nothing. I can justt dream.

jrodmesche
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM

if the only thing he can do is dunk than why has he been milkin it from the three during the summer league games:eyebrow:

daleja424
07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
if the only thing he can do is dunk than why has he been milkin it from the three during the summer league games:eyebrow:

agreed. I saw him two years ago in boston and this guy can play... I am very surprised that so many teams have given up on him...

DQL
07-17-2008, 10:07 PM
If only $82 Million was nothing. I can justt dream.

I meant they got Brand w/o giving up picks or young players. Of course you have to pay players. Nothing is free. $82 mil to be a contender that's just a small price