PDA

View Full Version : Clippers just got Camby for a 2nd rounder!!!

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Why couldn't we have done that instead of signing Maggette??

Well it's safe to say that if we trade Al, a 2nd rounder would be fair.

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 10:49 PM
yea i was kinda choeck at first but then i thught about it. camby contract is tereible in a season or two he is gonna be over the hill. why the clippers want both kaman and camby i dont know cuz there not gonna be able to play them togeather

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Camby only has 2 more years.

Saltinuts40
07-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Harrington would give us more than a 2nd rounder back. This was a salary dump. Talks broke off with the Knicks for Zach Randolph, and apparently the Nuggets were willing to part with their most consistent player for nothing but salary cap space in return.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Camby has 2 years left like Al, but he's a better player at a tougher position to fill, Power forward. Guards and Small forwards are much easier to find.

ULT WARRIOR408
07-15-2008, 11:33 PM
First Off Due You Really Think That He Would Fit With Us? Yeah He Plays Deffense But We Would Need Him To Score & Run Also Witch He Is Just Not Capable Of In This Stage Of His Career.:(

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Why would we need him to score more than the 13 he did last year? We were the highest scoring team in the league last year? Scoring is overrated it's our defense and rebounding that's a concern followed by our PG/team passing/chemistry.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
CJ can score, but he still has the same underdeveloped PG skills, can't get open on the inbounds, has difficulty taking the ball upcourt against pressure, and he can't creat offense for others.

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 11:48 PM
BUt camby is 35 years old. he is not gonna be the same player let alone run his as up and down the court. the clippers will be very slow down low.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Camby is 35, but he averaged a double/double with 3.6 blocks last year, and he only has 2 years left on his contract. I think he has at least 2 solid years left in him. And all they did is flip flop 2nd rounders.

tru_warrior
07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
this is just a way to make the elton brand situation less painful

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Case in point for CJ Watson not beinga playaker, Belinelli was the hot hand with 21 in the first half. Belinelli has yet to take a shot in the 3rd. If your the PG you gotta feed the hot hand, but he's having trouble just dealing with the defense, not doing a good job of getting us into our offense.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
this is just a way to make the elton brand situation less painful

Well, I'll be pissed if the Clips make the playoffs and we didn't. The capper would be if the sign a major FA in 2010. I'm pissed and we still need a back up PG

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Camby is 35, but he averaged a double/double with 3.6 blocks last year, and he only has 2 years left on his contract. I think he has at least 2 solid years left in him. And all they did is flip flop 2nd rounders.

ohh but not quite. only 9 and 13. no double double. haha i cant beleiev the nugest didnt gte the actualy pick, just the right flop in the second round lol. but i get why you like him. but he has been injury plaged his whole career, mostly his back(not good at 35) He has never once played all 82 games ever! his stats have also declined the last three years. he is on the other side of 35

bmac650
07-15-2008, 11:56 PM
he averaged 9 pts last year

bmac650
07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
^^^^ hah beat me 2 it!

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Whoopty doo 9 pts. I'd rather have the 13 boards, especially with the 2 of the biggest gunners in the league in Anthony and A.I.

The important stats: 13 rebs and 3.6 blocks on a team that has no PG and runs no plays for him.

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
haha by like a mila second

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Whoopty doo 9 pts. I'd rather have the 13 boards, especially with the 2 of the biggest gunners in the league in Anthony and A.I.

The important stats: 13 rebs and 3.6 blocks on a team that has no PG and runs no plays for him.

no the important stat- 35 turning 36 with chronic knee and back problems who has never once played a whole seaosn. not once. not even one time. not even a little bit. or the fact that he takes that awful jump shot everytime and it misses 70% of the time. and your wrong about not running plays. i lived in denever for month during the winter and went 5 games. they definly run plays for him in the post and then he hangs around the free throw line

bmac650
07-16-2008, 12:13 AM
haha by like a mila second

hah ya seriously...

so garlic...ur telling me you would rather have camby than magg's?? corey's 23 pts per 2 marcus' 9? and put him at the PF?? we would not have a good offense...if maggette isnt on the team who is gonna replace barons scoring? camby? andris? al? i dont think any of them will average 20 pts per.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:21 AM
2008 #1 in Blocks nearly 1 more than Josh Smith
2008 #2 in rebounds
2007 Defensive player of the year.

I'll take this guy for a flip flop of 2nd rounders any day of the week!!!

Maggette's contract $50 million 5 years.
Camby $15.6 million 2 years

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:22 AM
hah ya seriously...

so garlic...ur telling me you would rather have camby than magg's?? corey's 23 pts per 2 marcus' 9? and put him at the PF?? we would not have a good offense...if maggette isnt on the team who is gonna replace barons scoring? camby? andris? al? i dont think any of them will average 20 pts per.

I would've like to have them both. You are definitely overvaluing offense. Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, all recent NBA champs do not specialize in offense, rather they specialize in defense.

bmac650
07-16-2008, 12:24 AM
ok i know he is good a defense...but if you dont have maggette where is all the scoring????

bmac650
07-16-2008, 12:27 AM
I would've like to have them both. You are definitely overvaluing offense. Celtics, Spurs, Pistons, all recent NBA champs do not specialize in offense, rather they specialize in defense.

i am becuase we lost baron, and where are all the points he scored gonna go if you dont replace him?

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 12:33 AM
I guess you didn't read when I said we could've had Maggette and Camby, but even if we did only get Camby...

Well then if we have a guy who get's 3 blocks a game and 13 rebounds we wouldn't have to score that much.

By the way, in case you haven't watched the summer league we have some guys who are looking pretty good. Belinelli and Randolph.

There's also a guy named Azubuike we can sign, who many are high on. 10 from camby plus another 12 from Azubuike, and that more than covers what Baron can do, and that's not including the defense that Camby brings.

bmac650
07-16-2008, 12:47 AM
you said "why couldnt we have done this instead of signing maggette"...thats what i am talking about...i believe our team would fail if we had an aging camby at the 4. Also its hard to judge summer league because look what Marco did last year and how much did he play? Would Camby fit in the nelson system?

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-16-2008, 01:01 AM
not a big deal.... they just got bigger up front.. Still not like;y to make the playoffs...

BAYAREA DEVOTEE
07-16-2008, 02:11 AM
me and my friend were talking bout this earlier and must agree with the garlicboy puting dris at the 4 running camby at the 5 with captain,m8E, and magette scoring must of the points i think he would fit very well and give us alot defense and boards whinch we lack on. if dris had helped down low i truly believe he would be more dominate. we dont have a problem in scoring we have a problem in playing defense you got to imagine with addition of camby it might also lead to a stronger bench. so i would defintly take camby for a second round.

smearthebeard
07-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Please people!!! he's frwakin old and we just took a player of the field for FA's. We are now the most under th cap of any team and can still sign someone good. Plus AL is very tradable. We are in good shape as we may be the last team with any cash to make any deals!

djeller1139
07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
So why can't we get a a lke this don, we even have a better trading chip in Al. I think this shows we need a better PF even mre now that the Clippers have made a move. They now have two guys over 6-11 on their roster were we currently have a 6-11 center and a 6-9 PF who has trouble rebounding nd doesn't get many blocks at all. Camby would have been a great addition for a 2nd round pick, then we could have traded Harrington for basically thesame or a PG...

Tmac416
07-16-2008, 02:58 AM
k the only reason why the nugest made this dela is becuase they could absolutly take on no money. its the only reason they did it. yes we have more to offer. im pretty sure any team in the league has more to offer than a second round pick. the clippers were th only team that could take him staright up like the bobcats did with jrich

Fion
07-16-2008, 03:07 AM
bc the clips where under the cap they could take him, whereas any other team in the league would have had to trade.

garlicboy
07-16-2008, 11:55 PM
bc the clips where under the cap they could take him, whereas any other team in the league would have had to trade.

We are under the cap, we could've got him and been fine. We would later be over the cap signing Biedrins and Monta, but Marcus Camby is the perfect PF for our team.

garlicboy
07-17-2008, 12:06 AM
I would have rather had Camby for 2 years and $15 mil than overpaying for Maggette at 5 years $50 million. Here's why:

If we had Camby instead of Maggette, we could've have resigned the younger ever improving Azubuike for cheap. Turiaf would not be needed, and we could've traded for or signed the best FA PG out there in Carlos Arroyo.
Point Guard: Monta
Small Forward: Jax/Al
Off Guard: Belinelli/Azubuike, Randolph.

Our defense would increase 10 fold with the addition of Camby. 13 boards and 3.3 blocks. Belinelli and Al's lack of Defense would partly be covered up by Camby's shotblocking ability and rebounding ability. No more 20 rebound nights for the likes of Boozer and Gasol.

For those who overvalue scoring just look at the past NBA champs. Boston, Spurs, Detriot. These teams won by playing solid defense. Spurs have 2 nonscorers in the starting lineup in Bown and Oberto, but they play defense.

High scoring teams like the Mavs, Suns, Nugs, us, have barely sniffed the finals.

Best part about Camby, is he's expiring in 2010. We would have been a very competitive team for the next 2 years, and then in 2010, We would've had $27 million coming off the books. With the success and solid young nuclues, we would have been in a better position to land a solid free agent.

With Camby, we would have been a playoff team.