PDA

View Full Version : official: stupid FO trades Camby for jack

daleja424
07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation has told HOOPSWORLD the Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing a deal which would send center Marcus Camby to the west coast.

With Elton Brand departing for Philadelphia, the Clippers have around $12 million to spend this summer. Since LA is under the salary cap, the Clippers could absorb Camby's salary without giving Denver anything in return. However, it is expected that if a deal is consummated, the Nuggets would get at least one draft pick in return.

For the Clippers, the deal would give the team a formidable frontline of Chris Kaman and Camby to complement the backcourt play of Baron Davis and rookie Eric Gordon.

The deal would help lessen the Nuggets' payroll and give the team more financial flexibility moving forward. The 34-year-old Camby is due to make $8 million this season and $7.65 million in the final year of his deal in 2009-10.

The Clippers reportedly had dialogue this weekend about acquiring Zach Randolph from the New York Knicks in a deal that would have accomplished a similar goal for the Knicks.

The source emphasized that no deal has been completed as of yet. Stay tuned to HOOPSWORLD for the latest.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9481

Nugget Tony
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
If we lose Camby and get jack in return....say a future draft pick......Then I truly have lost all faith in this FO....

You better pull something out of your A$$es real quick because I am really not sure what the hell is going on this off season...

"We want the same team back" mentality...... Why? Yeah we won 50 games...so what...we still cant make it out of the 1st round....and we barely got in last year....

So what makes you think that bringing back the same team...(Now Minus Najera) we can make the next step forward....

Is Karl going to really stop looking and acting unintersted on the sidelines while sucking on his candies.....and actually coach this year? Is this the difference?

or how about that scrub AC we signed.....are we putting him back at the point? or Do we Move AI to point and insert JR into the starting lineup at SG?

oh wait I know....our answer is Sonny Weems...thats right.....

Maybe the dude will turn into a great Pro...but until proven otherwise....I cant rely on this bieng the answer.....

the funny thing is..."The Answer" hasnt evern been the answer.....at least not yet......

So let me get this str8...if the reports are correct.....

We lose Camby for possibly a Draft pick...

That leaves us pretty thin with

A banged up never healthy Nene.....qhich is a big ? and that one guy on the bench who never sees the floor.....Since Karl doesnt even know his name....I guess I don't either......

I seriously hope the FO has something up thier sleave and they are playing thier cards close to thier chest.....

I guess we will all see soon enough...

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Nuggets fans don't worry ...
The Clippers management are just trying to scare Donnie Walsh so he can get a **** offer for Zach. Your not gonna give Camby for nothing, and Camby is not what the Clippers need!
I hope Donnie's age doesn't fall for this trick the clips are tying to pull ...

DenButsu
07-15-2008, 09:06 PM
K&K, I hope you're right.

And NT, I completely agree with everything you said. It would be absolutely insane for us to give Camby away for nothing (and a future pick amounts to nothing in this case, considering the relative value of what Camby should be able to bring us).

Then again, this is hoopsworld talking here, which means that this probably isn't even true anyways.

Believe it when you see it in the Post, News, or on ESPN.

avsman05
07-15-2008, 09:17 PM
K&K, I hope you're right.

And NT, I completely agree with everything you said. It would be absolutely insane for us to give Camby away for nothing (and a future pick amounts to nothing in this case, considering the relative value of what Camby should be able to bring us).

Then again, this is hoopsworld talking here, which means that this probably isn't even true anyways.

Believe it when you see it in the Post, News, or on ESPN.

exactly what i was thinking DEN hoopsworld gotta be ****. I just searched the post and RMN and found nothing about this. I also searched the local LA papers.

Broncs4Life
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
They cannot just give Camby away for a draft pick, unless they turn around and package all accumulated picks for someone like Felton or another PG.

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
theyd be stupid to do that if we are going to get rid of camby it better be for a good PG or some good off the bench role players or something, at least get something that will help us now.

MiamiHeat
07-15-2008, 09:30 PM
is official
The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed in principal on a trade with the Denver Nuggets to acquire center Marcus Camby

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156

daleja424
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
done deal. the nuggest will get a 2nd round pick for Camby...

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 09:37 PM
omg i just saw it on espn too, omg they better be planning something big now or im gonna be pi$$ed with a capital P

goku
07-15-2008, 09:45 PM
for a second round pick thats crazy:crazy:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Nuggets fans don't worry ...
The Clippers management are just trying to scare Donnie Walsh so he can get a **** offer for Zach. Your not gonna give Camby for nothing, and Camby is not what the Clippers need!
I hope Donnie's age doesn't fall for this trick the clips are tying to pull ...

WHAT THA FDUCK??!?!?!?! :mad:

I was starin to beleive K&K.... wow this FO better really have some masterplan behind all of this, unless they just gave up? i really... reall cant beleive this. :sad2:

Great move mark... :clap:
----------------------
We trade our draft pick
We lose najera (for nothing)
Still without a PG
No trades...
Artest wont play for Denver
We lose Camby
Whats next?

Global Celtic
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Second worst trade in NBA recent history (after Gasol).

MiamiHeat
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
this is a good sign for the denver fans they did it to relief some capspace to get another good player or they just did it to mess you guys up

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 09:50 PM
PG Atkins/AC
SG AI/ Smith/ Weems
SF Melo/ Kleiza
PF Kmart/
C Nene/ Hunter

yah, we are doing excellent this offseason....whats a second round pick gonna do for us unless its like trade bait or something. omg i hope they got something big planned.. josh smith!! hahaha doubt it

Global Celtic
07-15-2008, 09:51 PM
They could have talked with Danny Ainge and get Powe or Big Baby...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2008, 09:56 PM
we coulda talked to alot of ppl to get someone solid.... im sure Clipps are they only team they talked and took the offer. Mark heard we could get a 2nd round pick and thought it was x-mas.

They shoulda included AI and Melo as well. I woulda had to join tha clippers forum :)

avsman05
07-15-2008, 10:01 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers, exactly one week after finding out they had lost their face of the franchise, have rebounded with a significant trade acquisition.

Marcus Camby

Center
Denver Nuggets

2008 Season Stats GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
79 9.1 13.1 3.3 .450 .708

The Clippers on Tuesday agreed to terms on a deal with the Denver Nuggets to acquire center Marcus Camby as their replacement for Elton Brand, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers will only have to surrender a future second-round pick to acquire Camby, who is being jettisoned into the Clippers' salary-cap space vacated by Brand to generate payroll relief for the Nuggets.

A trade call with the league to approve the deal has been completed, sources said, clearing the way for the teams to announce the swap later Tuesday.

Camby, 34, is coming off a productive season in which he averaged 9.1 points, 13.1 rebounds and 3.61 blocks for the Nuggets, who won 50 games to claim the final playoff spot in what is regarded as the most competitive conference race in league history.

But the Nuggets have yet to advance out of the first round with their Allen Iverson-Carmelo Anthony-Camby core and, according to sources, opted to shed the remaining two years on Camby's contract (worth nearly $15 million) to create the flexibility that could allow for more changes.

The Nuggets had the league's fourth-highest payroll last season and are required to pay $13,572,079 in luxury taxes for last season by July 23.

I don't agree with this right now obviously we are going to pick up someone else hope its more than pargo.

kylem4711
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
feel free to come anyway :)

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 10:07 PM
ugh, my sister started crying n the phone when i told her marcus was gone, like i agree we needed him gone but not for a lousy 2nd round pick.. im gonna search the free agent list ill be back in a bit, lol

Westbrook36
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Im sorry but Melo will leave, it really sucks for you guys. I feel really bad that your Front Office is scrub. Melo is deff leave now

Alex-sama
07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
Second worst trade in NBA recent history (after Gasol).

Man I think this is even worser than the Gasol deal

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
HOPEFULLY Melo and AI are next to go to LAC.... or Philly could trade Andre Iguodala and 2 future picks for Melo and AI.

rico
07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
:: hands you some lube :: sucks.

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
i hate ric bucher, he knows nothing about basketball, he should cover high school sports instead. anyway, yes it is the worst trade i think, now i gotta just release camby on nba live, that really sucks

avsman05
07-15-2008, 10:20 PM
:: hands you some lube :: sucks.

:laugh:please dont say sucks after hand you some lube.

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 10:25 PM
haha, nasty, im still in shock, untill we get someone big named like josh smith or the other AI or something that dont even make any sense (like this trade) then im gonna be in shock.

avsman05
07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
ya me too i was just cycling the names in my head of people that would make sense and Smith was the first thing hope he wants to play with AI.

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
HAHAHAHA this is hilarious. Camby for a 2nd rounder...

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
I cant see Camby in a clips uni.. He looks good with the powder blue jersey..

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Man. I know ur sheding a contract and all but cmon. A 2nd round pick. Wow. Back in Philly, we got Giricek and a low 1st rounder for KYLE KORVER.

Wow.

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
HOPEFULLY Melo and AI are next to go to LAC.... or Philly could trade Andre Iguodala and 2 future picks for Melo and AI.

Contracts dont match.. No use with Thad at SF, and Brand at PF... AI would be only fit.

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
we got what 14 mil to spend and smith is perfect, him and kmart would be awesome together and j.r. haha! the hawks say theyll match any offer so idk, but would it be his choice to pick between either team or is it the hawks no matter what if they match the offer?

The83rdWonder
07-15-2008, 10:40 PM
we got what 14 mil to spend and smith is perfect, him and kmart would be awesome together and j.r. haha! the hawks say theyll match any offer so idk, but would it be his choice to pick between either team or is it the hawks no matter what if they match the offer?

The Denver Nuggets are still over the cap so they can't sign anyone besides using the MLE, LLE, or a veteran minimum. This trade just made the Nuggets go under the Luxury Tax, so the owner wouldn't have to pay 15 million in tax.

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 10:42 PM
ic, well, if we could what would it be?

kylem4711
07-15-2008, 10:48 PM
we will take melo in clipperland

what do you want, thornton mobley and thomas?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Contracts dont match.. No use with Thad at SF, and Brand at PF... AI would be only fit.

lol you would choose thadeous young over melo? wow...

avsman05
07-15-2008, 10:58 PM
so still pargo or arroyo it sounds like.

Game_Over
07-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Ohwell throw away next year, sign JR and wait till next year when we have AI out and $20 mil to get a PG and C..

rafhi
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
i dont think the nuggets will give more to the clippers because they are in the same conference if they trade ai or melo i think the sixers got a better chance of getting one of them

avsman05
07-15-2008, 11:04 PM
are the nuggets pulling a nets to go get maybe say howard?

AMC31
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
maybe the Nuggets are planning something else, everybody thought it was stupid when the Sixers traded Carney, Booth, and a first round pick ti the T-wolves for a second, denver might be planning something like Melo for Rasheed and Billups?

BRAVE KID
07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
so this is denver's brilliant plan. I knew that we needed to trade away a big player but come on get something, you got nothing. absolutely nothing, congrats to the clips for completely raping the nugs. Luxury tax or not you got to get some value in return.

I don't know I may not be looking into this entirely but it just baffles me how bad this FO really is.

Afridi786
07-15-2008, 11:11 PM
You get cap relief, thats the only reason the nuggs did this.

DenButsu
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm ****ing nauseous.

IversonIsKrazy
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
cambys contract is how much??

avsman05
07-15-2008, 11:18 PM
10 mil

Nets fan 93
07-15-2008, 11:26 PM
:pity:
What is "FO"
Is this worse than the RJ trade?

Game_Over
07-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Front Office

denversgm
07-15-2008, 11:42 PM
thats it its time for us to trade all the picks we got next year and AI plus AC to detriot for Billups and rasheed

I AM SO ****ING PISSED.

was looking for a smile with a middle finger but i guess this will do:mad::cry::confused::sad2::puke::bs::censored::(

denversgm
07-15-2008, 11:51 PM
maybe the Nuggets are planning something else, everybody thought it was stupid when the Sixers traded Carney, Booth, and a first round pick ti the T-wolves for a second, denver might be planning something like Melo for Rasheed and Billups?

if we are planning trading melo for sheed and billups i got news for u that is stupied

denversgm
07-15-2008, 11:52 PM
You get cap relief, thats the only reason the nuggs did this.

we could have gotten atleast a first rounder

DenButsu
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
if we are planning trading melo for sheed and billups i got news for u that is stupied

We're not. Detroit pitched Billups and Prince for Melo to Denver, and the Nuggets rejected it. Given Sheed's age, it's highly questionable whether Billups and Sheed should even be considered a better offer than that.

But then, I guess now everything that seems reasonable to most of us reasonable people should be assumed to not be so obvious to this front office after this idiocy.

Stan Kroenke really just needs to fire Karl and all 3 GMs now. This is pathetic.

denversgm
07-15-2008, 11:57 PM
We're not. Detroit pitched Billups and Prince for Melo to Denver, and the Nuggets rejected it. Given Sheed's age, it's highly questionable whether Billups and Sheed should even be considered a better offer than that.

But then, I guess now everything that seems reasonable to most of us reasonable people should be assumed to not be so obvious to this front office after this idiocy.

Stan Kroenke really just needs to fire Karl and all 3 GMs now. This is pathetic.
i say stan should sell the team also because he is a very stupied man he just got lucky he married into the walmart family

kylem4711
07-16-2008, 12:01 AM
10 mil

The deal would help lessen the Nuggets' payroll and give the team more financial flexibility moving forward. The 34-year-old Camby is due to make $8 million this season and $7.65 million in the final year of his deal in 2009-10.

chaugh970
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Atleast I won't have to watch that ugly *** jump shot from the top of the key 3 seconds into the shot clock anymore!:clap: Its also saving the FO 32 million or so with luxury tax so good things have to planned for the future.

cashed22
07-16-2008, 12:04 AM
we didn't even get a 2nd rnd pick, we got the right to swap 2nd rnd picks in 2010

liliverson819
07-16-2008, 12:05 AM
great.... now what?

maybe were trying to cut cap space to get bron in 2010 lol.

DenButsu
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM

Those are hoopshype salary figures, which I think are often off the mark.

I'm pretty sure 9-10 is closer to the real 2008-09 salary, and then it does decrease the following season.

eman
07-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Can anyone say Zach Randolph?

With the 10 million dollar trade exception that expires in a year a Zach or Eddie Curry trade would probably work.

Game_Over
07-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Camby is set to make $11.25 million in '08-09, followed by $10.9 million in '09-10

from foxsports.com

Nugget Tony
07-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Um what just happened??????

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 01:21 AM
This is a terrible trade for the Nuggets.

Why would they want to drop salary this badly? :confused:

SlvrNblckAttck
07-16-2008, 01:30 AM
FK Camby! he was a scrub anyways. always standing at or behind the three point line jacking up shots. we need a center to be by the basket. wow he could throw the lob pass...thats about it. from our CENTER?! c'mon.

sure the FO should have gotten SOMETHING in return, but his loss will
not hurt us. especially if we have a healthy Nené!!

Nets fan 93
07-16-2008, 02:27 AM
The most accurate source IMO have Camby at 9,680,000 thats about 10,000...
link (http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd6c323m_1g95npnd8)

Dmagic87
07-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Please Take Zach Randolph!!!!!

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Please Take Zach Randolph!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO!!! u had ur chance to dump him off to the clippers

babyshaq87
07-16-2008, 08:30 AM
terrible trade!! i'm not a denver's fan but i loved that team.. right now you need another big man and a pg!! i would sign livingston (tall enough to guard the SGs and iverson guards the PGs).. the problem now is the big man!! it could be interesting if Karl decides to run.. they sign a SF, move Melo at PF and you go with run-and-gun style..

HOZ THE KNICK
07-16-2008, 08:31 AM
is isiah thomas the gm in denver?

Broncs4Life
07-16-2008, 09:09 AM
My favorite part of the article on this trade:

From Rocky Mountain News go here http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/15/nuggets-ship-camby-clippers-draft-pick/ for the full story

And what must the Clippers give the Nuggets?

Possibly nothing.

The Nuggets have the option of trading second-round picks in 2010. But if Denver's pick ends up being better than Los Angeles', the Clippers give up nothing.

So the FO traded our starting center for...Essentially nothing. I am pissed, as I'm sure many of us are. Whatever deal they are making or working on in the background, it better be BIG! I'm not talking about signing a guy like Pargo big, I'm talking like acquire a true big time PG big. :mad::mad::mad:

babyshaq87
07-16-2008, 09:40 AM
if ur FO wants cap space they will not acquire a big time player.. i hope for you guys they acquire a big time player because u deserve it but i don't think they will.. i would expect ur FO to sign a FA (livingston, telfair, arooyo or starbury if released).. if they want a ceap C probably i see you sign Kwame Brown for 2 years (this way u'll ha ve free cap space for '10 summer)..
think about this lineup

Starbury
AI
Melo
K-mart
Brown

it's not terrible but i loved camby so it's all about to replace him with the best we can find..

walke30
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Denver did get a $10M trade exception. Hmmm... . Sounds like something is in the works to me. Maybe, the PG that we need...

Dont get worried yet. Denver has proven that they will spend the money to win. Kroenke is a basketball guy and has shown the willingness to spend on every team that he has owned.

walke30
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
There were only two teams that could have completed this trade to the Nugs. Nene better step up this year. Although the bench is real thin now with BIGS. Najera and Camby gone? Needs are a PG and PF.

Here are some questions.
Move Anthony to fill in at PF?
Is Kleiza big enough to fill in? (Same size as Kenyon)
Stephen Hunter? (Is he a first round bust? Or just waiting to play?)

walke30
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Why would the NUGS want another poor defender in Zach Randolph? Do not do it. Eddy Curry? Maybe. We need defenders. We lost our best defender, need to replace him. When is the last time someone one a Championship by outscoring everyone else. It hasn't worked for the Suns, Dallas, etc...

Broncs4Life
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
if ur FO wants cap space they will not acquire a big time player.. i hope for you guys they acquire a big time player because u deserve it but i don't think they will.. i would expect ur FO to sign a FA (livingston, telfair, arooyo or starbury if released).. if they want a ceap C probably i see you sign Kwame Brown for 2 years (this way u'll ha ve free cap space for '10 summer)..
think about this lineup

Starbury
AI
Melo
K-mart
Brown

it's not terrible but i loved camby so it's all about to replace him with the best we can find..

I know that the FO probably won't do much after this...Call it wishful thinking on my part :(
But, they keep talking about how this deal gives them the flexibility to do other things, so that at least gives me some hope that they might do something. Hopefully at least part of what they do is resign JR to a nice long contract because he has just started to tap his potential. He has more upside than almost anyone else on this roster and could seriously be an all-star in the near future. I personally don't like Kwame Brown and think he would be a waste of roster spot and cap space. Starbury, would get a maybe and only if the price was right.

traiter
07-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Clippers will be ahead of us in the seeding... Hell I doubt we will make it to the playoffs.... Blazers are up and coming and now the Clippers?

Yeah, terrible for the Nuggets next season... AI is going to be released, Melo will be involved in another trade rumor... I doubt we reach 45 wins next season

I'm kind of sad right now :(

We better land a good *** player now that Eddie and Camby (our two hustlers) are gone... Josh Smith at the 4 anyone?

This wasn't a BAD deal for either party including the Nuggets!!

Cambys stock was the highest it was going to be and because of his injury riddled past. So we dealt him before he was untradable (ala - Kenyon or NENE).

It shows that we have a plan in mind as well that we recognized what we were doing or have done won't cut it. Now between the cap room camby freed up and iversons expiring contract (either at the trade deadline or at the end of the seaspon) we will have shed 40 million of the cap.

Anyone who doesn't think thats a good plan go look at the 2009 free agent list, not to mention the 2010!

Yes this might make us somewhere between a 35-50 win team and make making the playoffs hard but really is one bad year on the way to rebuilding any worse then being the 4th highest payroll in the league and being bounced in the first round AGAIN??

having a front office with a plan is better then have a front office satisfied with mediocrity!

C-Dub
07-16-2008, 11:09 AM
hahaha starbury, i like him, but idk about getting him on our team. he played what i think 25 games or less last season and only like 5 assists per game as a PG. Hes older, 31, and he sucks at D. Hm, a short ballhog PG that is getting old and has an attitude problem at times, fun to watch as long as he aint on your team, lol

walke30
07-16-2008, 11:17 AM
No to Starbury. Has he ever done anything? I do not want to be entertained. I want the NUGS to be successful. Dribbling is not what I even call entertaining. I love passing, cutting, teamwork and defense. Do not sign anymore overpaid retreads thinking they will do better here.

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
"Do not sign anymore overpaid retreads thinking they will do better here."

What you trying to say man?

Hopefully you aren't talking about #3 for the Nuggets.

Anyway, Traiter thank you for giving me relief man...

I forgot all about the 2009-2010 FA list... Even if we do bad/mediocre/well next season, our team will have better chemistry going into the 2009-2010 season... If we could pick up a solid Center from the FA list, it will be set and match...

Whew.. I'm glad you told me this, but I still see the Clippers and Blazers putting hurt/shame on the Nuggets next season :(

liliverson819
07-16-2008, 12:06 PM
i am stunned.... i wasnt excpecting to wake up to the fact that the Nuggets basically just mailed in next season.

WAY TO SUPPORT AI. FO!!!

chaugh970
07-16-2008, 12:46 PM
This wasn't a BAD deal for either party including the Nuggets!!

Cambys stock was the highest it was going to be and because of his injury riddled past. So we dealt him before he was untradable (ala - Kenyon or NENE).

It shows that we have a plan in mind as well that we recognized what we were doing or have done won't cut it. Now between the cap room camby freed up and iversons expiring contract (either at the trade deadline or at the end of the seaspon) we will have shed 40 million of the cap.

Anyone who doesn't think thats a good plan go look at the 2009 free agent list, not to mention the 2010!

Yes this might make us somewhere between a 35-50 win team and make making the playoffs hard but really is one bad year on the way to rebuilding any worse then being the 4th highest payroll in the league and being bounced in the first round AGAIN??

having a front office with a plan is better then have a front office satisfied with mediocrity!

Another positive note: this is gonna free up alot of playing time for Nene and Hunter, guys who are not afraid to clog up the lanes and play some real D. Lets be real here Camby won DPOY soley on his help D stats and loose change rebounds. He is as soft as a babies bottom. He was ABUSED by gasol who is arguably one of the softest big men in the league. Think back to 06-07 where a healthy Nene shut Tim Duncan down in the playoffs.

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Another positive note: this is gonna free up alot of playing time for Nene and Hunter, guys who are not afraid to clog up the lanes and play some real D. Lets be real here Camby won DPOY soley on his help D stats and loose change rebounds. He is as soft as a babies bottom. He was ABUSED by gasol who is arguably one of the softest big men in the league. Think back to 06-07 where a healthy Nene shut Tim Duncan down in the playoffs.

I'm glad fans are looking and finding positive ways...

I'm just needing relief after this trade man... Camby was my favorite center...

But you are right about everything you said... Anyone can come up with more relieving statements, it would be appreciated

avsman05
07-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Crunchy heres another one if we have a healthy Nene they will have a shot at the playoffs. If Melo, Miller and Nene can make the playoffs dont you think AI melo and Nene can make the playoffs? That was the year KMart was down for most of the year as well and now he's pretty dang healthy.

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Crunchy heres another one if we have a healthy Nene they will have a shot at the playoffs. If Melo, Miller and Nene can make the playoffs dont you think AI melo and Nene can make the playoffs? That was the year KMart was down for most of the year as well and now he's pretty dang healthy.

But you have to understand, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Pau Gasol, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Bynum, etc... all of these players weren't really making an impact like they will be doing next season... The West has changed man... I mean the Clippers front office are making some damn good moves...

Not to mention the wack teams (Grizzlies/Sonics/Kings) are getting better...

It's slimming our chances of getting into the playoffs with this team we have now :(

traiter
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=Camby_Clips-080716&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos1

This article takes a great look at the trade and explains why both teams did it!

v3n0m
07-16-2008, 01:56 PM
This is the worst deal I've seeing these days...

avsman05
07-16-2008, 02:00 PM
But you have to understand, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Pau Gasol, Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, Bynum, etc... all of these players weren't really making an impact like they will be doing next season... The West has changed man... I mean the Clippers front office are making some damn good moves...

Not to mention the wack teams (Grizzlies/Sonics/Kings) are getting better...

It's slimming our chances of getting into the playoffs with this team we have now :(

that is true crunchy but what team that didnt make the playoffs last year has a combonation as good as melo and ai. roy and oden is the only 1 comparable that i can think of. you would have to think that phoenix will be down next year as well with a new coach it will take time to get use to them and diesel is a year older.

IBleedPurple
07-16-2008, 02:24 PM
This is absolutely terrible. Apparently the Clips and Grizzlies were the only teams with the cap room to take on camby....but does anyone remember us negotiating with the Grizz last season at the trade deadline??? We could've got something done there.

Yes Kroenke has spent a ton on teams, but he had a cheap season with the Avs two years ago where we didn't sign many FA's. He has to pay 13 million this month for being over the luxury tax, and I would say that is way too much to pay for barely making the playoffs, and not winning a game. This looks like the worst season in a few years for the Nugs.

Ever since we got Kmart, we have been snowballing into bad FO decisions.

Fire Karl, Fire the FO. Let AI go after this year and start over.

Save your money, don't buy season tickets. You will only have a lot of tears and beers.

29$JerZ
07-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Trade Nene + Steven Hunter for Josh Smith :D

Sorry to here about this trade, Camby my favorite Center and I can't believe they did it

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Trade Nene + Steven Hunter for Josh Smith :D

Sorry to here about this trade, Camby my favorite Center and I can't believe they did it

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is the most retarted trade I've ever heard. That's like rubbing it in...

Hopefully you were just playing, if not, you might want to check into the nearest mental home

29$JerZ
07-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That is the most retarted trade I've ever heard. That's like rubbing it in...

Hopefully you were just playing, if not, you might want to check into the nearest mental home

Nah just kidding

I'm still mad about the camby thing though

One of my favorite Knicks and gets traded for nothing at his highest value.
I hope their is more to this tan what has bee reported.

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Why would the NUGS want another poor defender in Zach Randolph? Do not do it. Eddy Curry? Maybe. We need defenders. We lost our best defender, need to replace him. When is the last time someone one a Championship by outscoring everyone else. It hasn't worked for the Suns, Dallas, etc...

eddy curry hell no he gets as many rebounds as AI

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 03:49 PM

LOL

THE MTL
07-16-2008, 04:49 PM

Hey DONT talk about AI like that! AI gets more lol.

THE MTL
07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyway, way to get rid of the only player that plays defense on your team.

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Anyway, way to get rid of the only player that plays defense on your team.

:rolleyes:

Jack Daniels
07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if you did this because they have a sign and trade in the works for artest. Frees up money to give him a deal/extension he would be happy with.

walke30
07-16-2008, 06:23 PM
The West is much better than when the nuggets went to the playoffs in the past. The NUGS had to win 50 games to be the eight seed. I don't see them making a push at this point for another 50 wins. The BIG IF (Nene) could be dominate if he is EVER healthy. Losing Najera on the bench maybe worst than losing Camby.

Clippers making good decisions???? What??? Baron Davis and Camby for Maggette and Brand. Hmmmm.... Not sure I would call that an upgrade. Where does Camby play beside or behind Kaman?

Chi-Town Philly
07-16-2008, 06:39 PM
When is the last time someone one a Championship by outscoring everyone else. It hasn't worked for the Suns, Dallas, etc... I know what you are trying to say. But by this remark I would say every year :D

DJiC
07-16-2008, 07:09 PM
man were totally winning a championship this year i can feel it especially since we got artest and bdavis....damn i just woke up from my dream......we are so dumb whats next? we trade melo to the bobcats for sean may/adam morrison?

rbuc22
07-16-2008, 07:37 PM
I was just as mad about this until i thought about one thing. The nuggets must've looked at which player was the most expendable based on the talent behind him and his salary. What if this trade means that the nuggets management and coaching staff thinks Nene is ready to be the star the nuggets thought they were getting a few years ago....... or im just trying to look on the brightside.....

DJiC
07-16-2008, 09:54 PM
yes hes prob the most expendable player but so is kleiza at times, basically everyone but melo/jr were expendable...but to just trade a guy whose prob worth a future 1st to 1.the west 2.for nothing but a pick that we would prob end up trading for another squat crap...

Spurred1
07-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, either the F.O. has made a devastating move that will set the Nuggets back quite a bit or there is something going on that the Nuggets fans are completely unaware of, such as signing an amazing player this offseason. Artest? Josh Smith? Ricky Davis?;)

DJiC
07-16-2008, 10:31 PM
ricky davis?! you mean the guy who cant play D and shoots 25 shots a game that davis? and artest is already out of the question he says he dosent want to play for us after saying he wouldve made the team better and that he wouldnt mind getting traded here that jerk....but josh smith is a guy who can play 3-4 positions from 2-5, 5 pending on the other teams center....but he can help us defensively maybe we can try and get him and if the rockets dont mind trading battier/alston/dorsey/novak for ai/nene or something we can actually have a defensive team who can hit the occasional 3

THE MTL
07-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Ok, I thought you guys at least got a 2nd round pick. YOU DIDNT! Only the right to swap 2nd round picks in 2010. (not even next year but 2010). So get rid of the only player to play defense on ur squad when defense is ur main issue throughout the season.

I lived through Isiah Thomas and his trades, but you have Knicks fans laughing at this crap.

I wondered what happened to Isiah cause I didnt hear about him since he got fired. Well, I know where he is now.

Kohaku
07-17-2008, 03:21 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if you did this because they have a sign and trade in the works for artest. Frees up money to give him a deal/extension he would be happy with.

Problem is Artest stated that playing for the nuggets would be an "embarrasment".

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 03:43 AM
Problem is Artest stated that playing for the nuggets would be an "embarrasment".

No sane, rational person should concern themselves with what (of all people) Ron Artest finds embarrassing.

Bottom line is that if the Kings want to trade him, they can, and he has absolutely no say in the matter. And if they did, he'd be the first one telling the media how excited he is to be going to the Nuggets to play alongside his son's favorite player, Carmelo Anthony. Nothing he says should be taken seriously AT ALL.

C-Dub
07-17-2008, 08:54 AM
but he can help us defensively maybe we can try and get him and if the rockets dont mind trading battier/alston/dorsey/novak for ai/nene or something we can actually have a defensive team who can hit the occasional 3

man u put AI in everyone of your trade ideas, he aint leaving get over it

Crunchy12489
07-17-2008, 09:15 AM
man u put AI in everyone of your trade ideas, he aint leaving get over it

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Oh, but AI is leaving. It may not be via trade, it may not be this offseason, and it may not be by the trade deadline, but if the Camby trade tells us anything at all about the plans of the front office, it's that by this time next year, Allen Iverson's salary will be off the books and he will no longer be wearing a Nuggets uniform.

It might be gradual, and not a full on blow up and rebuild, but we're going young. Losing Camby was the first move, losing AI will be the second.

It's just a matter of time. But the clock is ticking, and there's less than a year on it.

C-Dub
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
so let me guess kmart is the third step, wow im psychic.

DenButsu
07-17-2008, 07:37 PM
so let me guess kmart is the third step, wow im psychic.

I'm sure he will be if they can find a way to move him. Trouble is, it's almost impossible to do that.

Game_Over
07-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Kmart would've been the first but no one wants him and that huge contract!!

Crunchy12489
07-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Kmart would've been the first but no one wants him and that huge contract!!

We could have brought in two young players for his contract.

A decent point guard and a talented young big man...

K-Mart doesn't meet up to his contract but the FO still puts faith into him... They don't want to play the man, you guys have to understand.. How messed up would that be when he had to have surgery and knowing your struggling you don't want to trade a guy just coming out of recovery...

They clearly had no sympathy for Camby... They are stupid... Trade away your DPOY, #1/#2 Rebounder, #1 Blocker, #2/#3 Assisting Center... He gave it all he could, and they just basically took a **** on him... *******s with their money hungriness... Greed...

Denver's FO is slick man... Don't trust them... Quick to backstab you when your not doing so hot...