PDA

View Full Version : Battier or Artest?

TMAC94
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
some people are saying they'd rather battier on there team, imo if we had artest we'd be number one or two in west and not too mention have our own " big 3 "

Jay22Redd
07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
If we had Artest instead of Battier, I believe our BIG 3 would be better than the Boston Three Party

TmacYao2
07-15-2008, 09:49 PM
If we had Artest instead of Battier, I believe our BIG 3 would be better than the Boston Three Party
QFT, and Artest is a better player, but defender is questionable.

Brun"DMC"
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Ron Artest is a better overall player than Shane Battier hands down. key word "All Around"

Alex-sama
07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Battier is a great team player on and off court. That's also important.

goku
07-15-2008, 10:08 PM
true

pippsux
07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Is this a joke? Artest by a mile!

agobbi17
07-15-2008, 10:29 PM
ya i would def take artest. dont think the kings are willing to trade for battier anyways...

nickymintz
07-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Battiers defense is a little better than Artest but Artest can guard the power forward also something that Battier isn't that good at doing.
Artest is much better on offense.
Battier has more hustle and is more of a team player.
Artest is a little bit better of a rebounder.

There about even at everywhere except offense where Artest just dominates Battier so I'd take Artest.

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
some people are saying they'd rather battier on there team, imo if we had artest we'd be number one or two in west and not too mention have our own " big 3 "

I think Battier fits well for the Rockets, however the Rockets need to take a gamble and get Artest. Because if another loss happens in the 1st round that will be the end of the Tmac and Yao duo. Thus I think getting the guy that gives the team a better shot to go further is the better choice.

G2BOAT
07-16-2008, 02:23 AM
They both are good. What nickymintz said is what I would have said.

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:53 AM
artest is the better player, however i would take battier because is he is still good and Artest is a Cancer he has complained no matter were he goes. He will destroy the team chemistry and just piss off the owners, coachs,players and the fans.

Dont forget this is the guy who asked the pacers for time off to work on his CD, then told the kings how much he likes them and how he wont opt out. But as soon as he didn't he said it was the biggest mistake of his life.

The dude is pmsing all the time and would only hurt your team.

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 08:11 AM
artest is the better player, however i would take battier because is he is still good and Artest is a Cancer he has complained no matter were he goes. He will destroy the team chemistry and just piss off the owners, coachs,players and the fans.

Dont forget this is the guy who asked the pacers for time off to work on his CD, then told the kings how much he likes them and how he wont opt out. But as soon as he didn't he said it was the biggest mistake of his life.

The dude is pmsing all the time and would only hurt your team.

I think he only causes problems when not on a good team. Look at what happened when on the 2004 Pacers who won 61 games? He was well disciplined.

T-Mac_Attack
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Artest brings you outstanding defense just like Battier but also gives you a solid 20 PPG. Battier can shoot the 3 but that's about it. At this point in evaluating these two players you would take Artest but something Battier can bring you that Artest wont is locker room motivation and "off the court" support. Like you hear it on TV all the time, Battier is the one player every coach loves. Some might think Dikembe is that guy that can be supportive in the locker room.. in the end, it's Artest to me.

skny_txn
07-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Battiers defense is a little better than Artest but Artest can guard the power forward also something that Battier isn't that good at doing.
Artest is much better on offense.
Battier has more hustle and is more of a team player.
Artest is a little bit better of a rebounder.

There about even at everywhere except offense where Artest just dominates Battier so I'd take Artest.

I really like Battier and what he brings to the defensive side plus he is a great locker room guy. Like you said though...when it comes down to it they are pretty even except for when it comes to offense. You brought up some great points...I agree with you on this one. I think you take your chances with Artest.

HouRealCoach
07-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Artest easily but some want to see Greene play and he would get more PT with Battier