PDA

View Full Version : Official Tim McCarver Stupid Comments Thread

NickChrisless
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh boy, Tim McCarver with color commentary again!

I thought I'd devote a thread to all the things he says tonight that make you scratch your head and wonder how he ever got the job, and how he hasn't lost it.

I'll start off with the Cliff Lee/Hanley Ramirez opening at bat which ended in a strikeout.

"You'll see he tied him up with a cutter in on the hands on the inside." Ball was clearly on the outside of the plate as they show the slow motion replay.

Sox Appeal
07-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Good idea for a thread..

I'm sure this will have SEVERAL posts in it by the time that game is done.

NickChrisless
07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Also...

The whole Indians/Expos trade that sent Bartolo Colon and Tim Drew to Montreal for Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Lee Stevens, and Brandon Phillips...

"Boy did all four pay off!"

Here's a link to Lee Steven's career stats. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=2355

He hit .222 after being acquired by the Indians in 2002.

sacgiants1213
07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
the whole brushing your teeth and hitting home runs conversation was pretty dumb

Sox Appeal
07-15-2008, 08:58 PM
the whole brushing your teeth and hitting home runs conversation was pretty dumb

Yeah it was. I think Joe Buck made the comment though. Either way, it was pretty ****ing stupid.

dwright3b5
07-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Oh jesus, this thread should have about 650 pages by the end of the game

nme
07-15-2008, 09:24 PM
^^Yeah, this should be the most active thread of the night.

Bob Loblaw
07-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Not a big mistake but he just he called the Rogers Centre the Rogersdome.

sacgiants1213
07-15-2008, 10:02 PM
^that's good enough

lawphin2
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM

Tim didnt even get the joke

Vegasguy80
07-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Thread should have been closed 2 minutes after it was made!

CAIN=FUTURE
07-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Oh jesus, this thread should have about 650 pages by the end of the game

Only 649 more.

ugafan
07-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Buck took a cheap shot at Hamilton saying he needed help brushing his teeth, because of his addiction, McCarver tried to cover Buck.. Unfortunately it worked well enough, and Buck will not be fired:mad:

natepro
07-16-2008, 09:14 AM
Just go to: www.firejoemorgan.com

Search for Tim McCarver.

Laugh.

Twinke Masta
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM
the entirity of FOX = FAIL

kuzz
07-16-2008, 09:45 AM
^^Yeah, this should be the most active thread of the night.

FAIL.

tc2deuce
07-16-2008, 09:50 AM
"not only that but he is a professional player" ref. Young REALLY?

philab
07-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Buck took a cheap shot at Hamilton saying he needed help brushing his teeth, because of his addiction, McCarver tried to cover Buck.. Unfortunately it worked well enough, and Buck will not be fired:mad:

I hate Joe Buck (and McCarver) and the teeth-brushing comment was a STUPID remark, but I think he was referring more to the number of swings Hamilton took the night before and not the drug addiction.

That said, I'm getting pretty ****ing tired of hearing about Hamilton's drug addiction, and Buck and McCarver could not stop harping on it last night. It was a decent story LAST YEAR -- give it up now. Just let the poor guy be Josh Hamilton: baseball player. I'd be pissed off if I were Hamilton.

Tragedy
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
FAIL.
It should have been. So no, no fail.

natepro
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I hate Joe Buck (and McCarver) and the teeth-brushing comment was a STUPID remark, but I think he was referring more to the number of swings Hamilton took the night before and not the drug addiction.

That said, I'm getting pretty ****ing tired of hearing about Hamilton's drug addiction, and Buck and McCarver could not stop harping on it last night. It was a decent story LAST YEAR -- give it up now. Just let the poor guy be Josh Hamilton: baseball player. I'd be pissed off if I were Hamilton.

Yeah, it was in reference to the number of swings he took, not some ridiculous cheap shot.

But you can't blame Buck, who I do like, and McCarver, who I don't, for talking about the drug thing over and over again. I'm surprised that idiot Berman didn't call him Josh "Hammer Another Dose" Hamilton or some ridiculous thing. It was all ANYONE could talk about when they weren't busy deep throating Jeter.

bartlett2266
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
"players dont catch high sliders fans do" just makes u want to say shut up McCarver

mawp
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Didn't see anyone mention this, but in the 2nd inning when Milton Bradley stole second McCarver says something like "And there's the 1st stolen base of the night for the AL"

Guess he forgot Jeter's SB in the 1st?

Matchstckman
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Didn't see anyone mention this, but in the 2nd inning when Milton Bradley stole second McCarver says something like "And there's the 1st stolen base of the night for the AL"

Guess he forgot Jeter's SB in the 1st?

Haha yes. It's not like it was 7 innings before he made that comment. It was liek 3 minutes before.

Fred
07-16-2008, 01:28 PM
When he is doing a game, I turn down the sound and flip on my XM Radio...he is unbearable...a buffoon to the highest degree.....

philab
07-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, it was in reference to the number of swings he took, not some ridiculous cheap shot.

But you can't blame Buck, who I do like, and McCarver, who I don't, for talking about the drug thing over and over again. I'm surprised that idiot Berman didn't call him Josh "Hammer Another Dose" Hamilton or some ridiculous thing. It was all ANYONE could talk about when they weren't busy deep throating Jeter.

I can blame Buck all I want. He's a hack who only has his job because of his name. Same goes for Chip Caray and Kenny Albert. Get these guys off the air -- it's shameful.

Theriot2
07-16-2008, 11:50 PM
How about everything that comes out of his mouth is stupid

eyememine
07-17-2008, 05:07 AM
I can blame Buck all I want. He's a hack who only has his job because of his name. Same goes for Chip Caray and Kenny Albert. Get these guys off the air -- it's shameful.

Joe Buck used to be the ****. We listing to old his stuff in sportscasting class to get a feel for how to be good. Technically sound guy. However I don't like listening to him anymore him

Havoc Wreaker
07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
"Remember This Time It Counts" :horse: :box: :guns: :dance: <<Tim McCarver

Akagaminosteven
07-17-2008, 02:59 PM
If you're a contact hitter, you have to make contact if you want to hit in the major leagues."
--Tim McCarver

chicagowhitesox
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
"In my view, as good as the Yankees were in the first half of this game, that's how as bad they've been now."
-Tim McCarver on Family Guy
lol

Uncle Funster
07-17-2008, 04:02 PM
"I suck."

Tim McCarver every morning in the mirror.

Uncle Funster
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
How many times did Joe *uck say how long the game was going on. After his comments on Cowherd last week, FOX should have fired his cocky, whiney, ***** *** on the spot.

ouryearfish
07-17-2008, 04:18 PM
when you guys broadcast for even 1 game come talk to me then. it is so hard to call a game in the heat of the moment. next time your watching a game, just try to do it. it is very hard to make it sound good so none of you have the right to trash him.

Uncle Funster
07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
when you guys broadcast for even 1 game come talk to me then. it is so hard to call a game in the heat of the moment. next time your watching a game, just try to do it. it is very hard to make it sound good so none of you have the right to trash him.

We're not bashing their ability as announcers. We're thrashing their choice of stupid, ignorant statements that permeate their braodcasts. And there are plenty of good, unbiased announcers out there who have worked for years.

And maybe you missed it: last week Jope *uck said he didn't even like baseball and never watches it. He's an NFL fan and watches The Bacholorette instead.

So please don't try to defend the indefensible.;)