PDA

View Full Version : Best trade for Marion: Ellis or Artest?

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Well I say Ellis only because I like our small forwards, Wright and Jones. We could use more help at point/shooting guard. Wright gives you defense, rebounding, athleticism and Jones gives you 3 pt shooting. If you are going to give up Marion you are not going to IMPROVE with Artest. With Ellis for Marion, the team will be better.

fins08
07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Ellis

Wade3
07-15-2008, 07:52 PM
you double threaded

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, my bad.

JackSplack
07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Damn right it's your BAD!!!

Look, Artest is a better player than marion...BUT...Artest's stability makes Marion the better player for the Heat, particularly if you have to take on Kenny Thomas's contract...That Means Blount/Thomas/Banks = $20+million in bench warmers!!!

Unacceptable even if most expire by 2010

IversonIsKrazy
07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Wade wants 2 play w/ Odom. So how abt a three-way deal. This idea was from "DownUnder"
MIA/LAL/SAC

Miami Gets:
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
Luke Walton

Miami Gives Away:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Lakers Get:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Mikki Moore

Lakers Giveaway:
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
Luke Walton

Kings Get:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Kings Giveaway:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Mikki Moore

Every 3 or 2 player trade in this 3-way trade is $21m

Master Mind
07-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Wade wants 2 play w/ Odom. So how abt a three-way deal. This idea was from "DownUnder"
MIA/LAL/SAC

Miami Gets:
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
Luke Walton

Miami Gives Away:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Lakers Get:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Mikki Moore

Lakers Giveaway:
Lamar Odom
Chris Mihm
Luke Walton

Kings Get:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Kings Giveaway:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Mikki Moore

Every 3 or 2 player trade in this 3-way trade is $21m

Sorry Iverson but that is not the answer...:laugh2:

MiamiHeatMafia
07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Ellis by far!

greek miami hea
07-16-2008, 03:35 AM
ellis+biedrins

daleja424
07-16-2008, 07:36 AM
I have edited the scenario by iverson... NO NO NO Walton for Miami

Miami Gets:
Lamar Odom
Sheldon Williams
Jordan Farmar

Miami Gives Away:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks

Lakers Get:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Marcus Banks

Lakers Giveaway:
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Chris Mihm

Kings Get:
Shawn Marion
Marcus Banks
Chris Mihm

Kings Giveaway:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
Sheldon Williams

Every 3 or 2 player trade in this 3-way trade is $21m[/QUOTE]

sergiogon
07-16-2008, 08:06 AM
what about josh smith???he said that he dont want to come back to the hawks

greek miami hea
07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
hm.why not?

noturnormalhero
07-16-2008, 09:05 AM
chillllllllllllllll with the luke walton. i definitely dont want that guy and i rather have marion right now than Odom and the lakers arent too happy about trading Odom for Artest so i cant see them being that much more exited about trading for Marion when they are similar in many aspects. For the Lakers, i wouldnt trade any of my main guys because having 3 guys 7 feet tall is amazing and why get rid of that? they could use some more power type guys on their bench since their defense and weaknesses were exposed in the Finals and so steven a. smith could stop criticizing them for being soft lol. with us...the only way i do the marion artest deal is if we get brad miller in the deal as well or another big man AND a 1st round pick. anything less than that..pass. As for GS. they'd have to give us ellis and harrington and a pick too. I think a lot of us are so exited with Beasley and Wade and the fact we had our worst season that everyone wants things to be fixed RIGHT NOW and that all the moves need to be done in 1 year. Let's chill. Let's make the right decisions. The season doesnt start next week, we still have MONTHS to go and the trading deadline doesnt end 'til feb. trust me, i dont want to have another bad season..but i also dont want to trade out of desperation and careless planning like we did to get Ricky davis.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-16-2008, 06:48 PM
GS does not want to part with Biedrins. Luke Walton is broken and having surgery. Odom is good but he doesn't even know what part of New York he is from. Artest has an expiring contract which is good but you probaly have to take Thomas with it which cancels out the good. Ellis scored 50-70% this part march from the field. That is outrageous and had 5-7 assists per game. I have a lot of respect for Artest, but the better DEAL is Ellis if we can pry him away. By the way, what is the point of telling me it is unlikely? Nothing is unlikely these days. Camby for a second round pick within his own conference is unlikely as Gasol for Kwame Brown was unlikely. Come on people this is make believe.

awr0430
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry Iverson but that is not the answer...:laugh2:

lmao :laugh::laugh:

awr0430
07-21-2008, 10:48 AM
And by the way LUKE WALTON is complete and utter GARBAGE!!!!!

noturnormalhero
07-21-2008, 12:01 PM
no more luke walton talk please, that name should never again be mentioned on a Heat forum. the end.

DrHoops21
07-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Well I say Ellis only because I like our small forwards, Wright and Jones. We could use more help at point/shooting guard. Wright gives you defense, rebounding, athleticism and Jones gives you 3 pt shooting. If you are going to give up Marion you are not going to IMPROVE with Artest. With Ellis for Marion, the team will be better.

DEf rather have Ellis! But if that doesnt work out. Getting Artest and Miller from the Kings is a great option. If Riley decides he really wants to make that happen, I think he can find a way. If we can somehow keep him out of trouble, Artest at his best is a much better player than Marion, more offense, size, and power. Artest is a playmaker. Marion simply is not. I know many people say why trade a SF for another SF. But remember in order for us to make this deal we need Miller, this will fill our desparate need for a C. Plus Artest will bring more rebounding and interior defense, I know Marion is good too, but Artest might just be a little bit better. However, I realize that is arguable.

DrHoops21
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
btw why is everyone hatin on LUke? He is a solid fundamentals roleplayer/bench guy... No one agrees?

Master Mind
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Luke Walton mentioned in a deal makes me nautious.....:puke:

awr0430
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Luke Walton mentioned in a deal makes me nautious.....:puke:

roflmao :laugh:

noturnormalhero
07-21-2008, 06:15 PM
btw why is everyone hatin on LUke? He is a solid fundamentals roleplayer/bench guy... No one agrees?

:pity::pity::pity::pity::pity:

:badidea:

daleja424
07-21-2008, 08:02 PM

I have solid fundamentals too... do you wanna pay me 5 mil a year for the next 5?