PDA

View Full Version : Adonal Foyle to Return?!?!

ManRam
07-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Veteran center Adonal Foyle expected to return to Orlando Magic

Brian Schmitz
Sentinel Staff Writer
11:10 AM EDT, July 15, 2008

It looks as if the Orlando Magic will find their extra big man to provide depth behind all-star Dwight Howard.

While he might not be officially re-signed until next month, veteran center Adonal Foyle is expected to return to play for the Magic.

The Magic want Foyle to come back and mentor young center Marcin Gortat and shooting guard Mickael Pietrus --- Foyle's former teammate with the Golden State Warriors. Pietrus signed a four-year free-agent deal with the Magic.

But Foyle, 32, still wants to play --- and, in fact, opted out of his two -year contract after Gortat assumed his minutes behind Howard in the playoffs. The return of Tony Battie from a season-ending shoulder surgery could also further limit Foyle's playing time next season.

"I think Adonal's exploring the market, but he's very much on the radar as to returning to Orlando," Foyle's agent, Lon Babby, said Tuesday. "He's taking his time to see what opportunities are out there. He knows the plusses and the minuses of going back to Orlando. It will be challenging as far as playing time -- and that's an issue.

"But he has a strong affection for his teammates and the community."

Babby also represents veteran forward Pat Garrity, who has said he would welcome a return to the Magic. He is the club's longest-tenured player, arriving in 1999-2000.

If the Magic do not offer Garrity a contract, he would likely retire rather than re-locate.

Babby would not comment on Garrity's status.

Copyright 2008, Orlando Sentinel

Interesting. Didn't think he'd come back. Oh well. Doesn't mean anything.

*Superman*
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't want this to happen, i want us to get another, better big. The only reason he is coming back to us is because no one wants him.

The Melky Way
07-16-2008, 09:44 AM
:cricket:

what a waste this would be :pity:

go after someone who can actually run the court rather than just be an oak tree in the paint

ManRam
07-16-2008, 03:39 PM
It is kind of a waste, but I'm not sure who else out there would want to come to Orlando for the minimum. He'll be the last guy off the bench, and a solid veteran. It's not a bad move, it's just not a good one either. It's more of a necessary move. Gotta fill up the roster some how.