PDA

View Full Version : t-mac trade talks

yankees34
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
hey guys im watching pti and sportscenter just had a tease that said stephen a. on the latest t-mac trade talks....tune in to the 6 o clock eastern sportscenter

nickymintz
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Tracy isn't going anywhere.

nickymintz
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
i don't see anything

sep11ie
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
ESPN is bull****. They make **** up so they have stuff to report.

G2BOAT
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I just finished watching PTI and Stephen A wasn't even on, and now it's sportscenter and there not talking about any T-Mac trade.

Actually, now ESPN just talked about it.

{}
07-15-2008, 06:32 PM
...if tmac gets traded it won't be til next offseason when he enters the final year of his contract. my guess is he'll want some a long term extension negotiated before the season begins. i think the rockets will want him to take about a 60% paycut from 23m to a more reasonable 9-10m a season. if they fail to reach an agreement then Tmac will be sent packing.

astrosmaniac
07-15-2008, 07:02 PM
I just finished watching PTI and Stephen A wasn't even on, and now it's sportscenter and there not talking about any T-Mac trade.

Actually, now ESPN just talked about it.

what was it?

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
...if tmac gets traded it won't be til next offseason when he enters the final year of his contract. my guess is he'll want some a long term extension negotiated before the season begins. i think the rockets will want him to take about a 60% paycut from 23m to a more reasonable 9-10m a season. if they fail to reach an agreement then Tmac will be sent packing.

Yeah, T-mac won't be going anywhere unless the Rockets lose in the 1st round again this upcoming season.

yankees34
07-15-2008, 07:04 PM
what was it?

they just teased it again they havent talked about it yet

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh it's about the Pistons and Rockets rumor.

So really it is no rumor at all.

nickymintz
07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
It was just on.
Stephen A said that the Pistons are interested and so is T-MAC.
I still don't think its going to happen.

G2BOAT
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
It was just about how Detroit is interested in T-Mac. Stephen A. talked about how T-Mac has two more years on his contract, T-Mac is interested in may'be going to Detroit, but he would like to stay in Houston. That's about the summary of it.

prash
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
did t-mac say he's interested in going to detroit?

connorg3
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Stephen A. said he spoke to T-Mac today and Mac said he "likes playing in Houston, but wants to win". Take that as you will. I wish T-Mac would restructure his contract. I would vomit in my mouth if we traded him for Billups and Prince. Battier > Prince. Billups isn't what he used to be.

TMAC94
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
^^ havent seen anything, i dont think he wants too leave houston, from what i know tmac wouldnt bail on us, would he?

daleja424
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Maybe losing T-Mac wouldn't be awful for you. Imagine Billups/Hamilton/Yao combo...it could get you out of the first round...

OUfan4life15
07-15-2008, 08:49 PM
They've said numerous times that their sticking with Tmac for now, so these rumors need to go away, because it just isn't happening. The only way it does is if Tmac personally comes out and requests to be traded, and I seriously doubt he's going to do that, as he said he's happy in Houston.

Renovator
07-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Hoopsworld has confirmed the dude from ESPN talked to TMAC on the phone. But that stil does not mean jack. It also says neither team has had talks about the subject.

Manos
07-16-2008, 08:46 AM

If he really is all about winning the extension shouldn't be an issue. He should sign for cheap, so the Rockets can bring in some additional talent to surround he and Yao with. If he doesn't then he's obviously more interested in cash than rings.

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
If he really is all about winning the extension shouldn't be an issue. He should sign for cheap, so the Rockets can bring in some additional talent to surround he and Yao with. If he doesn't then he's obviously more interested in cash than rings.

Well I think if he accepted $15 million a year for the next 4 years that would free up an additional 6 million off his salary as he makes around 21 million now.

sep11ie
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
It wouldn't be him bailing on us, it'd be us bailing on him. Not gonna happen though.

T-Mac_Attack
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Here's the footage from ESPN for all who missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC8YtD2CAfw

BSPN does it again. Tracy is 'happy in Houston, but wants to win' - which apparently translates to 'I want to be traded' to Stephen A. What a joke :mad:

skny_txn
07-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Maybe losing T-Mac wouldn't be awful for you. Imagine Billups/Hamilton/Yao combo...it could get you out of the first round...

I think you're right...losing Tmac to Detroit wouldn't be all that terrible but it MUST involve us getting Rip Hamilton...but from what i've read, Rip has never been part of the equation except by us hopeful Rocket fans. NO WAY you trade Tmac for Billups and Prince, that makes absolutely no sense. Tmac for Rip and Prince or Tmac for Rip and Sheed....yeah I can see that happening. I'd really like to see Rasheed put into the mix. Could yall imagine having a big man along side yao that can shoot the outside shot?!?!? Sheed could stretch the floor and Yao could actually DOMINATE the paint. Not to mention Rasheed would give us another expiring contract. If it works out you could possible sign him for another year or two after that, if not let him walk and we have instant cap space. Rent-a-sheed. what do yall think?

Bg7getclutch
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
how would u guys like this trade?One trade i would love to do is Hinrich, gooden and simmons and larry hughes and a future first round pick for Mcgrady, shane battier and rafeer alston. We get a legit Shooting gaurd and a good defensive player. Houston will get a power forward to play with yao and a decent pg. They'll also get hughes a decent Sg. Also, Mcgrady and Rafeer alston contracts are up in 2 years so this will give us options to sign Dwayne wade.

agobbi17
07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
ok check this. the rockets are bound to do great this season coming up. With a healthy Tmac and Yao ming, along side there new players Louis Scola and Carl Landry. Also with 2 new rookies Donte Greene who dropped 40 in a summer league game and Joey Dorsey who reminds me alot of Udonis Haslem. If they rockets can win 22 games in a row and the second half of those games came without Yao Ming "the best center in the nba". They are going to do great and go far this coming year. Tmac should reevaluate what he has in houston.

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 12:26 PM
ok check this. the rockets are bound to do great this season coming up. With a healthy Tmac and Yao ming, along side there new players Louis Scola and Carl Landry. Also with 2 new rookies Donte Greene who dropped 40 in a summer league game and Joey Dorsey who reminds me alot of Udonis Haslem. If they rockets can win 22 games in a row and the second half of those games came without Yao Ming "the best center in the nba". They are going to do great and go far this coming year. Tmac should reevaluate what he has in houston.

I believe so as well. I think the Rockets will get to the Finals IMHO and play Boston. However I think they need Artest in order to beat Boston unless T-mac and Yao average between 25-30 ppg a piece.

agobbi17
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
who would you give up for Ron Artest

mindofsports82
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
If Tracy McGrady stays, Morey has gone on record saying that he is making a trade this week. Probably for a backup center since Deke is a dinosaur. That leaves you with a great starting five and a legit bench. If McGrady goes, and we get two Pistons starters out of the deal, we would still have a shot at it. I don't want Prince, as stated above, he is a clone of Battier. If we could pull off a Rip and Sheed or Billups and Sheed deal....this team would be a favorite to come out of the West. I don't mind Morey taking a chance on parting with McGrady. Don't get me wrong, he is one of the best players in the NBA when he isn't injured... but we haven't contended since he got here. He has two years left on his contract, and with the 2010 free agency consisting of almost every superstar possible being unrestricted...you can take a chance on doing without him. So now we play the waiting game...

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 12:55 PM
who would you give up for Ron Artest

Battier, Francis, Brooks and maybe even Landry if they wanted him for Artest and Thomas.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
he wants to win

Manos
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
how would u guys like this trade?One trade i would love to do is Hinrich, gooden and simmons and larry hughes and a future first round pick for Mcgrady, shane battier and rafeer alston. We get a legit Shooting gaurd and a good defensive player. Houston will get a power forward to play with yao and a decent pg. They'll also get hughes a decent Sg. Also, Mcgrady and Rafeer alston contracts are up in 2 years so this will give us options to sign Dwayne wade.

Hmm, I think that would be terrible for the Rockets. We'd upgrade a little at PG, but that's assuming that Hinrich rebounds from that awful last season, not to mention that Kirk is double the price. We lose our top defender and our only scoring wing and pick up the terrible contract/mediocre at best play of Hughes and Simmons who would be a great fit on the inactive list, along with Gooden, a PF that we don't need. But hey, as long as you guys get a shot at Wade, right?

JordansBulls
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

No the Rockets wouldn't do that deal. Maybe Mcgrady for Rose and Deng.

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I say he comes to denver T-mac and Alston for AI(22mil expiring contract) and AC(expiring) plus 2 first rounders

The83rdWonder
07-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I say he comes to denver T-mac and Alston for AI(22mil expiring contract) and AC(expiring) plus 2 first rounders

Rockets aren't taking another down grade at the point guard position, and I'd take a 2010 expiring over a 2009 expiring.

denversgm
07-16-2008, 04:01 PM
Rockets aren't taking another down grade at the point guard position, and I'd take a 2010 expiring over a 2009 expiring.

why it can be the same just dont use it in 09 plus it is 23mil expiring with 2 first rounders who else could offer that?

The83rdWonder
07-16-2008, 04:46 PM
why it can be the same just dont use it in 09 plus it is 23mil expiring with 2 first rounders who else could offer that?

Then we become a lottery bound team.

grega1976
07-16-2008, 09:11 PM
If Tracy McGrady stays, Morey has gone on record saying that he is making a trade this week. Probably for a backup center since Deke is a dinosaur. That leaves you with a great starting five and a legit bench. If McGrady goes, and we get two Pistons starters out of the deal, we would still have a shot at it. I don't want Prince, as stated above, he is a clone of Battier. If we could pull off a Rip and Sheed or Billups and Sheed deal....this team would be a favorite to come out of the West. I don't mind Morey taking a chance on parting with McGrady. Don't get me wrong, he is one of the best players in the NBA when he isn't injured... but we haven't contended since he got here. He has two years left on his contract, and with the 2010 free agency consisting of almost every superstar possible being unrestricted...you can take a chance on doing without him. So now we play the waiting game...

I've not been keeping up for last few days.. do you have link?

val_modus
07-16-2008, 09:38 PM
hey i think it was on ESPN or Houston Chron or somethin like that Greg, its nothing big he said a "minor trade" was in the works.

warhawk
07-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Wrong Place, Right Time???
A friend who attended high school with me in Milwaukee who currently works in the Rockets organization called last night with a tidbit of info he heard walking past the wrong door at the right time. There is dialogue between Bucks and Rockets in reference to McGrady, Novak, Dorsey, Redd, and CV. He only heard one side of the conversation so it might have been just an exploratory conversation. If it is true, we might loose a pure shooter but we get a scorer and the DE turned PF in Joey Dorsey (taller Ben Wallace). I hope this comes to fruition.

warhawk
07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Wrong Place, Right Time???
A friend who attended high school with me in Milwaukee who currently works in the Rockets organization called last night with a tidbit of info he heard walking past the wrong door at the right time. There is dialogue between Bucks and Rockets in reference to McGrady, Novak, Dorsey, Redd, and CV. He only heard one side of the conversation so it might have been just an exploratory conversation. If it is true, we might loose a pure shooter but we get a scorer and the DE turned PF in Joey Dorsey (taller Ben Wallace). I hope this comes to fruition.