PDA

View Full Version : Mauricio Gherardini on fan590

nstojic
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
swirsk had him on today... here's some points from the interview...

-nathan jawaii to play soon, they are eager to see him play, no real expectations from the raps.. they expect him to make practices challenging and competitive, they feel it's still too early to tell what kind of an NBA player he'll be...

-Andrea just went through 6 weeks with a conditioning coach, will go through 3 weeks of skills camps in vegas soon, he's made a 'huge' commitment to work on his body and game... they want him to improve his overall strength and vertical in regards to boards... they see him in the ideal situation playing behind JO and CB... he understands his role from the bench and this is a 'special' year for him

-joey graham a pleasent surprise to them, volutneered to play in summer league

-roster not complete yet, remaining focus on guard position

-roko coming in after he goes through euroleague preseason... mauricio on way to watch him in olympic qualifiying with croatia

-hassan adams, they feel he will keep practices challenging... they eventually see him as a 'strategic weapon' with his 'shutdown defence'

Raptors27
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
all good things to hear.

Bob_at_york
07-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Hassan as a "strategic weapon". I like it. The Roko thing doesn't make sense to me. I heard he sat out a game yesterday because he is trying to finalize his deal with the Raptors first. MG can't see him play if he is waiting for the official contract.

B2B
07-15-2008, 06:07 PM
They also said we had strategies planned for the Magic in the first round of playoffs, we all know how that panned out. From what I've heard of Adams so far in summer league is his defence is not as advertised.

star
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Sams strategies:

Against nets: Sit Mopete and start Graham (didnt work went back to normal)
Against magic: Start 3 bigs (one of whom had never played SF in the NBA) didnt work ... went back to another lineup

My strategy FIRE SAM and get a coach that knows how to run a defence and offence.

raptors_516
07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
sounds good espically the andrea part

Cortez
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
if bargs gets as bigger than dirk
its over

Mile High Champ
07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Sams strategies:

Against nets: Sit Mopete and start Graham (didnt work went back to normal)
Against magic: Start 3 bigs (one of whom had never played SF in the NBA) didnt work ... went back to another lineup

My strategy FIRE SAM and get a coach that knows how to run a defence and offence.

Man you really hate the current situation the raps have put together. Fire Sam Mitchell, you dislike the respect BC gets. Anything else you want to take a shot at? Why dont we revert to the past and bring back the purple dino uni's, would that make you happy?

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 10:21 AM
sounds good espically the andrea part

Yup. Can't wait to see how Bargs has improved.

Kontent
07-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Very impressed by Graham to want to play in the Summer League. I hope this is a sign to a better season...