PDA

View Full Version : What could have been (NCAA)

cbreezy34
07-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Imagine what would have happened had David Stern and the NBA always had the rule preventing high schoolers jumping straight to the NBA. It would have saved careers and changed the landscape of college basketball and the NBA. If Kwame Brown had to attend at least one year of college my guess is NBA scouts would have noticed his lack of intensity and he certainly would not have a lottery pick anymore. But lets focus on this... how it would have changed college basketball.... imagine this......

Amare Stodumire would have attended Memphis
T-MAc would have gone to Kentucky
Josh Smith would have gone to Indiana
J.R. Smith to UNC
Louis Williams would have gone to UGA
Kobe Bryant would have attended Duke
Dwight Howard would have attented Duke
Shuan Livingston would have gone to Duke

Think about it from every aspect... Duke would have been a powerhouse... Kobe wouldnt be on the Lakers.

This is only a few examples... comments?

SHONIE
07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Al Jefferson would've been a top pick

I Am Awesome-O
07-15-2008, 03:37 PM
If Dajuan Wagner had stayed another year at Memphis, along with Quyntel Woods coming to school instead of going to the draft that year, the Tigers would have made a run at a championship and could have easily won it with Amare Staudemire, Woods, Wagner, Rodney Carney, Antonio Burks, Chris Massie, Jeremy Hunt, Anthony Rice, and Earl Barron running the show. What could have been....

Also, Kendrick Perkins would have also gone to Memphis the year after Staudemire came had he not entered the draft.

dre1990
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Shuan Livingston would be an all star and never gotten injured

ZHawk1123
07-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Telfair may have actually turned himself into a good player at Louisville...

8kobe24
07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Imagine what would have happened had David Stern and the NBA always had the rule preventing high schoolers jumping straight to the NBA. It would have saved careers and changed the landscape of college basketball and the NBA. If Kwame Brown had to attend at least one year of college my guess is NBA scouts would have noticed his lack of intensity and he certainly would not have a lottery pick anymore. But lets focus on this... how it would have changed college basketball.... imagine this......

Amare Stodumire would have attended Memphis
T-MAc would have gone to Kentucky
Josh Smith would have gone to Indiana
J.R. Smith to UNC
Louis Williams would have gone to UGA
Kobe Bryant would have attended Duke
Dwight Howard would have attented Duke
Shuan Livingston would have gone to Duke

Think about it from every aspect... Duke would have been a powerhouse... Kobe wouldnt be on the Lakers.

This is only a few examples... comments?

All I can say is the league would be VERY different. I think all of those guys you mentioned wouldn't be with their respective teams right now. Also, I think a couple of years of college experience would've made them better players.

_Sn1P3r_
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
All I can say is the league would be VERY different. I think all of those guys you mentioned wouldn't be with their respective teams right now. Also, I think a couple of years of college experience would've made them better players.

I agree. It makes me wonder now when you think about it. Like, what teams they would've went to.