PDA

View Full Version : Trade Kent or send Dewit down!

dave
07-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Do one or the other, it is time for LaRoche to play every day for the rest of the year. It is the only way to truly find out what kind of ball player we have or might need in the off season.

4everblue
07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I say give DeWitt a rest. LaRoche might not be comfortable playing 2B.

dusto_magnifico
07-15-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm sure Kent has 5 and 10 no trade coverage. I dont thin anyone would want him. Send Dewitt down.

LAdiablo
07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
whats with the hate on kent dave. while he's no defensive wiz out there he hasn't exactly embarrassed himself. and the guy still can out hit MOST second basemen in the league. let him have his last year and retire.
ladouche should be playing everyday in AAA cause all he does is strike out right now. we already have enough of that in the lineup.

MrChris951
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I think we need to trade LaRoche...package him with a pitcher(Not Lowe) to get a shortstop(Not Renteria)

NomarsOnlyHR
07-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm for trading Kent- how about Kent for Jack Wilson.

MrChris951
07-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm for trading Kent- how about Kent for Jack Wilson.

Why would Pittsburg go for that trade?

mcpeepants23200
07-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I think we need to trade LaRoche...package him with a pitcher(Not Lowe) to get a shortstop(Not Renteria)

No thanks. Obviously we need a shortstop but there really isn't any good ones available. I'd rather have Nomar playing short than Jack Wilson or whoever else is available. I guess Peralta is available which wouldn't be a bad trade besides he's tremendously streaky.

MrChris951
07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
No thanks. Obviously we need a shortstop but there really isn't any good ones available. I'd rather have Nomar playing short than Jack Wilson or whoever else is available. I guess Peralta is available which wouldn't be a bad trade besides he's tremendously streaky.

We all know Nomar can't last the next 67 games, I think Peralta would be a great pick up

NomarsOnlyHR
07-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Why would Pittsburg go for that trade?

They wouldn't, it was just wishful thinking on my part.

4everblue
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
They wouldn't, it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Then Hu for HanRam...

Ok, I know that's one sided... Hu AND Maza for Han-Ram...

mcpeepants23200
07-15-2008, 03:21 PM
We all know Nomar can't last the next 67 games, I think Peralta would be a great pick up

I don't think Nomar has to last that long though. Raffy should be back in September and at worst we could always try Dejesus. He's getting to the point where they have to start thinking about giving him a look. I would love for us to get a good shortstop but I really worry about Colletti making the trade. I have a feeling if he does make a trade for a shortstop we will be giving up McDonald and we will really be regretting it a couple of years from now.
Let's face it we're not going to win the world series and Wilson or Peralta aren't going to make a big enough difference to make us real contenders. I just don't trust Colletti to make good moves. Giving up Navarro and Jackson for garbage is going to go down as another one of our terrible moves.

dusto_magnifico
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't think Nomar has to last that long though. Raffy should be back in September and at worst we could always try Dejesus. He's getting to the point where they have to start thinking about giving him a look. I would love for us to get a good shortstop but I really worry about Colletti making the trade. I have a feeling if he does make a trade for a shortstop we will be giving up McDonald and we will really be regretting it a couple of years from now.
Let's face it we're not going to win the world series and Wilson or Peralta aren't going to make a big enough difference to make us real contenders. I just don't trust Colletti to make good moves. Giving up Navarro and Jackson for garbage is going to go down as another one of our terrible moves.

Yup!

I totally agree. Colletti's trades have been bad if not horrible. And the one good move he made he was basically forced to make. Milton for Ethier.

Lets just hold off on the knee jerk reactions for a while unless someone comes in with a laugher and we have to take it. (A laugher would be someone asking for Jones or Pierre... in which case, you push the button... boom goes the dynamite.)

Anyway...

bestlakersfan
07-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Good idea Dave. I agree, but more so with sending DeWitt down (that is why I had started a post about a week ago saying that). LaRoche needs a fulltime shot. If he's not going to get it, then trade the poor guy. This is becoming a ridiculous situation.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
**** LaDouche, don't revolve our season around that chump. Once he can handle the limited role he has atm, give him a shot.

dave
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
But he is blocking LaRoche if dewit stays. Kent can still hit and has value to a AL contender as a DH or first baseman. If you want to keep Kent fine, then send dewit to vegas so Andy can play ebery day. That way come dec we will know what kind of player he is. And plan acordingly. Starting twice a week and pitch hitting is no way to tell about a player.

NY2LA
07-15-2008, 06:32 PM
LaRoach is not the solution at third. He will not live up to his expectations. If he plays he will get hurt again and his stock will drop. Lets trade him now.

dusto_magnifico
07-15-2008, 07:09 PM
LaRoach is not the solution at third. He will not live up to his expectations. If he plays he will get hurt again and his stock will drop. Lets trade him now.

I'm sorry... I forgot about the all knowing NY2LA.

Will the Dodgers make the playoffs this year?

Will Saito come back any time soon?

Will Andruw Jones live up to his contract?

Anyway, Laroche has had a few injuries but the way the organization and the media treats the Dodgers youngsters is embarassing. Our top prospects are better than anyone elses top prospects. Our second tier prospects are the ones that we could have traded for CC, Santana, or a big bat that we need.

While Laroche may not be the answer, he certainly looks better than Dewitt has looked over the last 2 months. Laroche should get a shot at third the rest of the season just so we can see what he can really do.

bestlakersfan
07-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry... I forgot about the all knowing NY2LA.

Will the Dodgers make the playoffs this year?

Will Saito come back any time soon?

Will Andruw Jones live up to his contract?

Anyway, Laroche has had a few injuries but the way the organization and the media treats the Dodgers youngsters is embarassing. Our top prospects are better than anyone elses top prospects. Our second tier prospects are the ones that we could have traded for CC, Santana, or a big bat that we need.

While Laroche may not be the answer, he certainly looks better than Dewitt has looked over the last 2 months. Laroche should get a shot at third the rest of the season just so we can see what he can really do.

Bravo! Bravo!
:clap: :clap:

That is exactly right. Give him a damn shot already.

Tapptout
07-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Why does it seem like everyone think LaRoche is some kind of Savior for us? He hasn't showed anything in the AB's he has recieved....that's why he doesn't get more.

dusto_magnifico
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Why does it seem like everyone think LaRoche is some kind of Savior for us? He hasn't showed anything in the AB's he has recieved....that's why he doesn't get more.

He doesn't have to be a "savior"! He just has to do better than Dewitt has since June 1. That shouldn't be too hard. He has had 44 at bats this season. IF he were expected to be a bench/role player then we definitely should expect more from him. He should at least be given a shot at third while Dewitt gets a little more grooming in Vegas.

bestlakersfan
07-16-2008, 02:49 PM
^
Exactly. This guy is an everyday player and needs to play everyday to show what he's got. He's not a utility guy. It is pissing me off that he is not getting a full time shot and it pisses me off that some of you think he sucks and he doesn't even had 150 career ABs yet. Dewitt has nearly double the ABs he has had.

I'd hate to see him go because I think he his going to be a stud, but if we aren't going to play him, he deserves to be traded because he should get a full time shot somewhere. At least get something back for him. He is just wasting away at this point, and yet we still don't have a good 3B.

It just doesn't make any sense.

TheBatchelor213
07-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Man, Kent has given us some of our most important hits in the clutch, let him play out his time with the Dodgers as we make this world series run guys. And Andy? Why would we start to let him play everyday in the middle of a pennant race, now is not the time, and the guy has not shown a lot of signs in the time he has had.

dusto_magnifico
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Man, Kent has given us some of our most important hits in the clutch, let him play out his time with the Dodgers as we make this world series run guys. And Andy? Why would we start to let him play everyday in the middle of a pennant race, now is not the time, and the guy has not shown a lot of signs in the time he has had.

Yes because .235 .323 .353 is always just soooo impressive. The fact is no one has been very clutch lately and especially Kent this year. His age is really starting to show. I don't think he is a tradeable commodity and we literally have no one else to play the position. Dewitt is batting .207 .270 .243 since June 1. Why can't we give Laroche a shot. 40 at bats is not a "shot". Dewitt certainly needs more time to figure it out in the minors. His defense is great, he just needs to start making better contact.

Laroche has nothing more to prove in the minors. It's time for him to get the everyday starting job.

TheBatchelor213
07-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes because .235 .323 .353 is always just soooo impressive. The fact is no one has been very clutch lately and especially Kent this year. His age is really starting to show. I don't think he is a tradeable commodity and we literally have no one else to play the position. Dewitt is batting .207 .270 .243 since June 1. Why can't we give Laroche a shot. 40 at bats is not a "shot". Dewitt certainly needs more time to figure it out in the minors. His defense is great, he just needs to start making better contact.

Laroche has nothing more to prove in the minors. It's time for him to get the everyday starting job.

If it was concluded that swapping Blake out and making Andy the everyday third baseman was the right move, I could feasibly see that, but you cannot take Kent out. People said the same thing last year that you are saying now and he still was our most consistent offensive threat. And he's showing his age? Yes, he is 40 but just three weeks ago he was our hottest hitter and has also been playing some great defense, so now that he is in a bit of a slump he is over the hill? Come on.

New Music!

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

dusto_magnifico
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
If it was concluded that swapping Blake out and making Andy the everyday third baseman was the right move, I could feasibly see that, but you cannot take Kent out. People said the same thing last year that you are saying now and he still was our most consistent offensive threat. And he's showing his age? Yes, he is 40 but just three weeks ago he was our hottest hitter and has also been playing some great defense, so now that he is in a bit of a slump he is over the hill? Come on.

New Music!

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

Besides Jones and Pierre he is our least offensive threat this year! His defense looks so good because he has to dive at balls that a good defensive second baseman could easily get to. He is over the hill. This will be his last year with the Dodgers (God I hope so). We need someone in there that can play defense and get on base. A good defensive second baseman is sooo important (Did you see the all star game last night?)

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
You guys are classless mother****ers. It's Kent's last year in a great career, and we will get NOTHING in a trade for him. Bottom of the 9th, last day of the season, must win to make playoffs. I don't want to see DP LaDouche strut his way out there, I want Jeff Kent.

And how about stop sucking on LaRoche's man boobs? Loney waited for Nomar, Kemp battled it out with Gonzo/Pierre and so did Ethier, Bills played out of the Bully for a long period of time when he was clearly better than the likes of Tomko. All EARNED their way into the squad eventually, slowly but surely. Why does the living God that is Andy LaRoche deserve a free pass? How about he works hard, the few AB's he does get he makes an impression, and then we eventually give him the spot once earned? I really don't think that's too much to ask or unreasonable for the future HOF'er LaRoche.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
^^^ Above post was a bit too strong, I really wish LaRoche would be the player people think he will become, and I root for him every AB, he rarely repays me the favor though. I just wish he would hurry up and force his way into the position. He shouldn't just be given it.

dj_jewlz
07-17-2008, 12:04 AM
You guys are classless mother****ers. It's Kent's last year in a great career, and we will get NOTHING in a trade for him. Bottom of the 9th, last day of the season, must win to make playoffs. I don't want to see DP LaDouche strut his way out there, I want Jeff Kent.

And how about stop sucking on LaRoche's man boobs? Loney waited for Nomar, Kemp battled it out with Gonzo/Pierre and so did Ethier, Bills played out of the Bully for a long period of time when he was clearly better than the likes of Tomko. All EARNED their way into the squad eventually, slowly but surely. Why does the living God that is Andy LaRoche deserve a free pass? How about he works hard, the few AB's he does get he makes an impression, and then we eventually give him the spot once earned? I really don't think that's too much to ask or unreasonable for the future HOF'er LaRoche.

Brother you hit it right on! :clap::clap::clap: He hasn't earned anything. He has been trying for the last 2 - 3 seasons and everytime he's had a shot hes f'd it up!

bestlakersfan
07-17-2008, 03:17 AM
Brother you hit it right on! :clap::clap::clap: He hasn't earned anything. He has been trying for the last 2 - 3 seasons and everytime he's had a shot hes f'd it up!

2-3 seasons? Are you serious? The guy has half the ABs DeWitt has and the first time he was called up was right about last June. Some of you are lost when it comes to LaRoche.

On a sidenote, I would rather send DeWitt down and keep Kent on the team, rather than trading him. But either way, LaRoche needs a chance.

dodgerfan87
07-17-2008, 03:44 AM
First off, whoever suggested that Kent be traded is unaware of Kent's trade value. Let's look at a few things about Kent that depletes his trade value:

1. He is in his final year of his contract. (So if someone wants him, he is only a rental)

2. Jeff Kent has a .253 Batting AVG. According to ESPN.com. WHO WANTS A 2B that is hitting around .250? ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!!!

3. Jeff Kent is a defensive liability at 2B! He is old and has no range. He is decent, but not excellent at playing 2B.

4. He is old and he can have a tendency of wrecking a team's chemistry.
(Remember last season: Loney vs. Kent)

So you tell me, who wants Jeff Kent on their squad right now outside of the Dodgers organization????
AINT GONNA HAPPEN PEOPLE!!!!!!

dusto_magnifico
07-17-2008, 03:31 PM
First off, whoever suggested that Kent be traded is unaware of Kent's trade value. Let's look at a few things about Kent that depletes his trade value:

1. He is in his final year of his contract. (So if someone wants him, he is only a rental)

2. Jeff Kent has a .253 Batting AVG. According to ESPN.com. WHO WANTS A 2B that is hitting around .250? ABSOLUTELY NOBODY!!!!!

3. Jeff Kent is a defensive liability at 2B! He is old and has no range. He is decent, but not excellent at playing 2B.

4. He is old and he can have a tendency of wrecking a team's chemistry.
(Remember last season: Loney vs. Kent)

So you tell me, who wants Jeff Kent on their squad right now outside of the Dodgers organization????
AINT GONNA HAPPEN PEOPLE!!!!!!

I agree. Trading Kent would be as improbable as trading Pierre. Who's gonna take him?

I still think Laroche deserves the same shot Dewitt did. As far as I'm concerned Dewitt has played his way out of a starting role.

dodgerfan87
07-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I agree. Trading Kent would be as improbable as trading Pierre. Who's gonna take him?

I still think Laroche deserves the same shot Dewitt did. As far as I'm concerned Dewitt has played his way out of a starting role.

+1 on that! I mean, LaRoche should at least get a shot for a few weeks to prove his worth. If anything, maybe showcase him for a trade for a power bat in a package deal!