View Full Version : Odd man out ???

Bulldog76
07-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Who would you cut ???

cambovenzi
07-15-2008, 02:08 PM
wolfe.
easily.

AP has shown he can be a good 3rd down/spell back.
very good receiver. good blocker. good special teamer.

wolfe is too small.

DamnGoat
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Wolfe obviously.

He was a terrible pick and is just too small for this league.

At least AP is a solid contributor to the Special Teams.

Soop
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
The only one that really can be cut is Wolfe.

Soop
07-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Bulldog, don't tell me you picked Peterson. :pity:

b1e9a8r5s
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM
If you have to cut someone, then it would be Wolfe, assuming Jones is fully recovered. But I'd bet that the Bears keep Wolfe, even if he's not active every week. I just don't see them scrapping a 3rd round pick after one season.

Tankjeep
07-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Wolfe obviously.

Agreed.

Bulldog76
07-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Bulldog, don't tell me you picked Peterson. :pity:

Oh...I did...I think that if Jones is healthy and ready to go, he provides a faster version of what AP can offer...

As for AP's special teams contributions, I have to think that one of the following players on our team could fill that void...

Roach, Williams, Okwo, Bazuin, Idonije, LeRocque, McClover, Wilson, McKie, Runnels, McGowan, Gattis, Payne, Peters, Steltz, Rahied Davis, Kellen Davis, Monk... I mean that is 18 players who could line up on kickoff and punt coverage to replace AP

Because...to me keeping a guy on the team on the team to be a 4th RB and a special teams player is a bit of a wasted roster spot to me.

I only think to keep Wolfe over Peterson because he provides a different skill set to the offense...He could develop into a decent 3rd down back and situational player...

Frankly, I think AP and Wolfe both suck, but if I had to pick one...I would pick the faster/shiftier one of the two...

dabears34ft
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Wolfe has to go. When hes in a game people know what to expect. With Peterson you have a guy capable of short yardage plays, catching out of the backfield, and blocking. Wolfe is built for a shot gun type offense that can swing him around and give him delays and draws. We are a power running style offense. Jones is capable if healthy to be a great running back. The scouting report on forte is that he can be a complete back. And I already said what Adrian is capable of. Wolfe is a wasted roster spot with Jones, Peterson, and Forte.

Fuselage
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I have to agree with Bulldog that Wolfe is a little more attractive than AP because he's a different kind of back with more speed & elusiveness. But he's not an all around player. His role is so limited that I don't see the value in keeping him. If it's possible to keep 4 on the roster, that's great. But I don't think we can really do that - unless maybe we only keep two active QB's in each Sunday & only activate the third after an injury. And for that reason, I think we would be wiser to keep AP instead of Wolfe.

Can't we just throw him on the practice squad until he's needed if it isn't possible to keep four?

I'm pretty torn on it & I hate giving up on a third round pick so early. I have no problem dumping Wolfe next year if he doesn't do something pretty amazing in at least a few games this year, but now seems a little too early to let him go.

bbcmillionaire
07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
we can't cut wolfe yet, he is a good back be it he is small. he could line-up as a slot receiver or as a punt returner next to hester.

MGB
07-15-2008, 06:35 PM
we can't cut wolfe yet, he is a good back be it he is small. he could line-up as a slot receiver or as a punt returner next to hester.

Good back for what, to wash the other players' clothes on off days? Yes, he can line up as a slot receiver or a punt returner, but that's like saying John St. Claire can line up at LT, sure it's physically possible, but it doesn't do much football-wise for you.

temper27
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Wolfe for sure.

All but the Sox
07-15-2008, 07:28 PM
why cut any of them, AP has shown to be an outstanding special teamer, and in the event that we loose one of the other 3 then he could step in as the #2 or # 3 guy with out loosing a step. To me it just makes sense that way. I also think that you guys need to lay off of Wolfe, he has proven at every level so far that he CAN succeed, just give him a chance.

The real storyline here is that we are having this discussion and it thankfully doesn't involve Benson!

Soop
07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh...I did...I think that if Jones is healthy and ready to go, he provides a faster version of what AP can offer...

As for AP's special teams contributions, I have to think that one of the following players on our team could fill that void...

Roach, Williams, Okwo, Bazuin, Idonije, LeRocque, McClover, Wilson, McKie, Runnels, McGowan, Gattis, Payne, Peters, Steltz, Rahied Davis, Kellen Davis, Monk... I mean that is 18 players who could line up on kickoff and punt coverage to replace AP

Because...to me keeping a guy on the team on the team to be a 4th RB and a special teams player is a bit of a wasted roster spot to me.

I only think to keep Wolfe over Peterson because he provides a different skill set to the offense...He could develop into a decent 3rd down back and situational player...

Frankly, I think AP and Wolfe both suck, but if I had to pick one...I would pick the faster/shiftier one of the two...

You said if and that's a big IF Jones stays healthy, we know what we got with AP if Jones gets hurt. Garrett's been here and has done nothing, I know he hasn't really gotten alot of time to play but he seems like he doesn't belong in this offense. I don't see him being the same player he was at NIU. I say we stick with the real DECENT player in AP.

superdude79
07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I say keep all 4. Who knows what might happen in training camp in regards to health? AP will cost the Bears more each year because of his years of service. I agree with the poster above that pointed out that Wolfe has succeded every level he has played at, I thought he looked decent last year, better than AP in the RB position. He has a specific role and I hope Turner is bright enough to find it for him, of course this whole post is comming from a homer who still has faith in Rex and Bradley. I also want to furthur point out I don't use drugs, which is where most of you where probably going when looking for my logic.

IvyWentCrazy
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Wolfe obviously.

How is everyone so quick to condemm Wolfe? Did he not play behind the same suckfest of a line that we all blame for everyone elses struggles. I cannot be a hypocrite and say everyone else will get better and not Wolfe... WHO the **** knows what the hell wolfe is? I know I don't, he had very limited playing time.

The General
07-15-2008, 08:53 PM
No way JA gives up on Wolf so early, he doesn't like to admit mistakes. Adrian Peterson is a stud on special teams, he'll probably get a lot less carries and will concentrate more on special teams.

WorldChamps1908
07-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Wolfe...one of the Bears' worst draft picks ever

ChiCubs54
07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Wolfe.

AP is an ok RB and he's very good on ST.