PDA

View Full Version : Team Slovenia - Rasho Nesterovic

B2B
07-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Slovenia beat S. Korea and Rasho had 26 points and 9 rebounds.

Slovenia beat Canada 86-70, with Rasho scoring 14 points, grabbing 9 rebounds, and blocking 4 shots with 2 assists and 2 steals

I believe Rasho is an underrated player. If Sam would've given him more consistant mins he would've been a solid contirbuter at centre.

**** he's playing well for Slovenia

Mile High Champ
07-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah but in the end would like to have JO more. Its just that simple. He just was never worth his contract.

Ragun
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
I hope Indiana buys him out and the Raptors sign him.

B2B
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM

So do I

O'Neal/Rasho/Jawai were set at C no longer a position of weakness.

the life
07-15-2008, 01:21 PM

wishful thinking :) why would they buy him out? he ca be valuable to some team so indiana can trade him. he is in the last year of his contract anyway.
it makes no sense to buy him out.
and if (let say) indiana buy him out he might want to sign for a real contender. he can be valuable in San Antonio or even Boston.

argo
07-15-2008, 01:29 PM

i don't see this happening. he's still a valuable asset on a team. he'll likely help in the grooming of hibbert, at least for this year unless he gets traded to a contender come playoff time.

in toronto he was a smart player on both ends, but he was never an intimidating defensive low post presence, and he didn't draw any double teams. o'neal is a huge upgrade here..

Bob_at_york
07-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Slovenia beat S. Korea and Rasho had 26 points and 9 rebounds.

Slovenia beat Canada 86-70, with Rasho scoring 14 points, grabbing 9 rebounds, and blocking 4 shots with 2 assists and 2 steals

I believe Rasho is an underrated player. If Sam would've given him more consistant mins he would've been a solid contirbuter at centre.

**** he's playing well for Slovenia

I have always considered him under-rated and thought he deserved more minutes.

nstojic
07-15-2008, 03:43 PM
does anyone know where this initial 'buyout' rumour started? i remember hearing it on here when the trade was first semi-anounced...

Bob_at_york
07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
does anyone know where this initial 'buyout' rumour started? i remember hearing it on here when the trade was first semi-anounced...

the only place I saw it was here. Made no sense to me.

B2B
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
the only place I saw it was here. Made no sense to me.

I saw it on another forum and posted it here. The poster on the other forum claimed to have inside information that Rasho was part of a wink wink deal & that he will be bought out. How true that rumor is, I can't say. I hope it's true though because we could definitely use him being as thin as we r up front with a 2nd round rookie in (Jawai), a #1 pick in (Bargs) who hasn't proved he can handle the mins yet, & Humphries who's an avg to slightly above avg player.

Rasho would be a welcome sight & a stabalizing presence.

I have no source, neither did he.

blujaysrock
07-15-2008, 05:37 PM
I have always considered him under-rated and thought he deserved more minutes.

some games where he got some minutes he put up huge numbers for the raptors, if only he was more consistant.

JermanJaysFan
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Very few people realize that (if my memory serves me right) he was putting up 13/7 and 16/7 over the last two months or so of the season, shooting like 55-60% over that span.

I agree with Bob, he is very much underrated and would have been a very very good guy to keep around in the JO trade, considering JO's health concerns.

B2B
07-15-2008, 06:00 PM
some games where he got some minutes he put up huge numbers for the raptors, if only he was more consistant.

How can you be consistent when you're not getting consistent mins?. Rasho is not to blame for his inconsistency.

star
07-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Rasho was and is still a very good and servicable big ....at his price tho ....

Hopefully the buyout is true and we can get him back (redemption on the alonzo deal?)

AK-50
07-15-2008, 08:22 PM
i always liked Rasho i was excited when i found out we traded for him from the Spurs just wish we didnt have to loose Bonner

torontosports10
07-15-2008, 08:54 PM
A buy out would be a awful idea for them he is a good trade asset at the deadline or a good expiring at end of season

greg_ory_2005
07-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Team Canada lost. :(

B2B
07-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Team Canada lost. :(

Yep, Rasho owned

_Sn1P3r_
07-17-2008, 10:17 AM

Same here man. We could sign him for cheap but he'll be big for us off the bench.