PDA

View Full Version : Clippers matching?

phillyboy
07-15-2008, 10:56 AM
With the recent speculation regarding a Clipper offer to Iggy, where do we/Ed stand on how much he deserves? The Clips are obviously upset over the Brand signing and could look for sweet redemption by throwing max dollars at Iguadola. Is he worth a contract in the high 60's/low 70's, and if so do we have the money to match following the Brand signing? I love what Ed has done in his short tenure, but this a team defining transaction. I say we match, but if the Clips offer a bloated contract should we then focus our efforts on another RFA? Is it worth risking our cap down the road for anyone else besides Iggy?

PhillyLuver
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Bring this to Philly forum..

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 11:30 AM
You're new, but try not to create new threads, until your used to where each of these kind of topics are being discussed.

Westbrook36
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Not another one! THEY DONT NEED A SF/SG

Nets fan 93
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
^The Cilpps use Mobley as sixth man
It would be
Davis
Iggy
Thorton
Thomas
Kaman

Westbrook36
07-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Eric Gordon...

FNM BOY
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
^^That team would get crush in the West...especially on the rebounding end of it...If the Clippers throw all their money at Iggy that would be a very dumb move as they will have no front court presence to contend with the real front courts of the west...I even don't know why i am posting here...i can't wait tell Iggy gets sign so these ****ty threads can stop.

phillychi009
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
With the recent speculation regarding a Clipper offer to Iggy, where do we/Ed stand on how much he deserves? The Clips are obviously upset over the Brand signing and could look for sweet redemption by throwing max dollars at Iguadola. Is he worth a contract in the high 60's/low 70's, and if so do we have the money to match following the Brand signing? I love what Ed has done in his short tenure, but this a team defining transaction. I say we match, but if the Clips offer a bloated contract should we then focus our efforts on another RFA? Is it worth risking our cap down the road for anyone else besides Iggy?

If you read the thread "news about Iggy" this is already talked about, and the Sixer said the would match any offers.

I Am Beast 19
07-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I say pay as much as money as you have too, Iggy will be worth it, people get caught up in what he is now but check his stats, he's gotten significantly better literally EVERY YEAR! he'll be worth a high paying contact, especially with the emergence of are team and arrival of Brand

PDT4LIFE
07-15-2008, 03:42 PM

If my math is correct, the MAX the Clippers can offer Iggy is 70.38 million for a 5 year contract. They have 12 million in cap space for this year so here is the breakdown.

Year 1 - 12 mil
Year 2 - 12.96 mil
Year 3 - 13.99 mil
Year 4 - 15.11 mil
Year 5 - 16.32 mil

Per the collective bargaining agreement, you can only give 8% yearly increases. Sixers will match, 16 mil will look like peanuts by year 5 when average starters will get 10 - 12 mil per year easy.

FNM BOY
07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
^^Looks like good math to me:)

phillyboy
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
nice breakdown...i was looking for numbers, didnt mean to bring up a oft-talked about thread.

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Eric Gordon...

Bench...

djmc72
07-15-2008, 10:23 PM
clips just got camby for a draft pick! they dont have the money to sign iggy now. think we r safe.

AirJordanXVIII
07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
2nd round pick for Camby. Wow.