PDA

View Full Version : Best Available Player

Bulldog76
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Just curious as to which of these free agents you would want to pick up at this point...

Fuselage
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Kevin Jones. No question. Playoffs seem within reach with another decent RB on the roster. Without one, I don't see us making them.

I know that QB is a more pressing long term problem, but the reality is that nobody that we bring in would have a shot at starting this year.

tommer1961
07-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Like the idea of spikes cause hes an A-P OLB and we could use a bit more serviable one than hillenmeyer even though he is very servicable.

The General
07-19-2008, 05:14 AM
ill take the has been qb with a bit left in the tank and something to prove.

... culpeper

BearSox
07-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I still think we need to go out and get two more players... LeCharles Bentley and Byron Leftwich.

Bentley is coming off of a serious career threatening injury, and no one even knows if he can see get into a stance. However, before his injury, Bentley was a beast and a pro-bowl player. For the minimum, or near minimum, I think the risk would be worth the reward. He might not be more than 75% of his old self, but 75% of his old self is still better than Terrence Metcalf at 100%.

As for Leftwich, we could still use another QB. Hanie (whom I personally like) or Hill should be practice squad guys. Leftwich has reportedly dropped 20-25 pounds, and he still is loaded with potential. For close to the minimum, we could bring him to compete with Orton and Grossman, and if both Orton and Grossman fail, Leftwich may surprise. This guy did have some pretty good seasons, and his career passer rating is better than both Grossman and Orton. Also, he is only 28 so he isn't a dinosaur either.

DeShaun Brown
07-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Well since we just got Jones, I'm going with Culpepper. Leftwich is a good option too. I also like the thought of bringing in Bentley for cheap. Other than that, injuries will dictate any other needs.