PDA

View Full Version : Beasley's Character Issues

daleja424
07-15-2008, 07:55 AM
So I was thinking today... is it possible that Pat Riley was blowing smoke and creating major doubt about Michael Beasley b/c he wanted him over Rose? Last week we found out that Rose is having Wade type knee problem. Now we find out that Rose was facing up to a year in jail time stemming from an incident when he was pulled over doing 106 in a 65 MPH area. And we already know that Rose is the one with fights in his past. Beasley on the other hand has played hard through injuries and stayed busy doing charity and community service in Miami... and most importantly away from trouble. Is it possible that Riles saw Rose as the one with "issues" all along? B/c right now Rose is the one on the wrong path...while Beasley seems to be really getting the hang of this pro thing...

And Bulls fans please don't respond all mad and stuff...it is a simple question b/c it has already been suggested that Riles wanted Beasley all along, which is why he leaned towards Rose publicly and in the media... I just think maybe his deception even went a step further...

daleja424
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
It just seems to me that every time I hear and Rose related headline it is negative, while I don't hear many Beasley headlines at all...

In the past week I have heard:
Rose Bad in first game
Rose Bad in second game
Rose hurt...needs MRI
Rose sentenced to probabtion for excessive speeded

Beasley tops Rose
Beasley has tough game but bounces back
Beasley plays with Wade at Charity game

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 09:02 AM
well i think there are a lot of guys in the NBA with character issues that we dont hear about because they arent "big name" players. and some of the "big issues" that are publicized in the media are over exaggerating..like the whole T.O. suicide thing about a year ago. As far as Beasley, he's a 19 year old kid. Dont know why people expected him to be 100% mature because not even i was. It is possible that riley threw out that smoke screens in order to get Beasley..who knows though. Could have also have been to tempt a team to make a trade that was lopsided in the favor of the Heat for the pick. I'm sure there are good things about Rose lately and some bad things about Beasley lately but the media chooses to report certain things. Personally, i'm glad we got Beasley, period. I never was caught in the Rose hype to be honest.

Deng's Rose
07-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Well first of all, he isnt facing jail time. Second only got a $1000 fine because of his CLEAN record. Third his knee injury comes from his dedication to the court. You know working out for FOUR a day during basketball season and attending EVERY practice.

Stop trying to switch the roles. I think its funny eversince yall lost the first pick Rose all of a sudden sucks but when yall thought yall had the 1st pick , he was your dream pick.

Hell i think the fact that Wade wanted Rose means a hell of alot.

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Well first of all, he isnt facing jail time. Second only got a $1000 fine because of his CLEAN record. Third his knee injury comes from his dedication to the court. You know working out for FOUR a day during basketball season and attending EVERY practice.

Stop trying to switch the roles. I think its funny eversince yall lost the first pick Rose all of a sudden sucks but when yall thought yall had the 1st pick , he was your dream pick.

Ok you're speaking as if every Heat fan wanted Rose. Personally, my dream situation was the # 2 pick and to get Beasley which wow..it happened. You guys act as if it was heartbreaking for us not to get the # 1 pick because we had the worse record. We ended up gettin the best player in college basketball. Now who is going to produce more in the NBA? no one knows the answer to that yet, we'll find out in due time. I personally was NEVER big on Rose like some Heat fans were. Beasley was the guy i wanted all along, and we got him. Stop generalizing your statement. You guys had a 1.7 % chance of gettin the pick, and congrats.you got it...if that's not luck..dont know what is. Rose hasnt been highlighted so much in the media, whether it's justifiable or not..it's the truth. I prefer our outcome of getting a starting PF in Beasley AND a solid starter/backup in Chalmers opposed to just getting Rose like we would have done if we selected him. Two priorities over one. Nuff said.

greek miami hea
07-15-2008, 09:33 AM
beasley will mature.thats the only thing i know.he s trying hard to prove who he really is and i like it.i wanted beasley over rose,too!or mayo over rose.but not rose.lol

daleja424
07-15-2008, 09:43 AM

Haha! Why wouldnt he have a clean record...he has only been an adult for one year and he spent it in Memphis...what trouble could he have gotten into? I didnt know it was an accomplishment to stay clean for ONE year. And he was facing jail time if got the max penalty of one year in jail.

And like I said. I am not trying to switch the roles. I am suggesting that the media fell for a pat riley smoke screen. To be honest Rose has had less problems in his past but they were more severe. There is a difference between playing a prank (beasley) and getting into fights (rose) so dont act like rose is some angle or something.

I have too have said since b4 the lottery that I hope we get the 2nd pick b/c I dont wanna make the decision and would be happy with either guy. But Pat Riley usually finds a way to get what he wants, so I wouldnt be surprised if Riley wanted Beasley all along. Also dont think for a second that wade definately wanted ros emroe then beasley just b/c he said it out loud... Smokescreens are everywhere. There is no way Riley would let wade spill and ruin his intentions...

noturnormalhero
07-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Haha! Why wouldnt he have a clean record...he has only been an adult for one year and he spent it in Memphis...what trouble could he have gotten into? I didnt know it was an accomplishment to stay clean for ONE year. And he was facing jail time if got the max penalty of one year in jail.

And like I said. I am not trying to switch the roles. I am suggesting that the media fell for a pat riley smoke screen. To be honest Rose has had less problems in his past but they were more severe. There is a difference between playing a prank (beasley) and getting into fights (rose) so dont act like rose is some angle or something.

I have too have said since b4 the lottery that I hope we get the 2nd pick b/c I dont wanna make the decision and would be happy with either guy. But Pat Riley usually finds a way to get what he wants, so I wouldnt be surprised if Riley wanted Beasley all along. Also dont think for a second that wade definately wanted ros emroe then beasley just b/c he said it out loud... Smokescreens are everywhere. There is no way Riley would let wade spill and ruin his intentions...

:hi5: good comebacks by both of us lol.

Deng's Rose
07-15-2008, 10:26 AM

Yea your right, you never made this statement below. I guess you schooles me again.

Deleja is the ****

While Deng's Rose sucks monkey D***

Thats the same mentality that the Cavs have, which is why they will never win a title the way they are currently built. Look at their PG's. They all walk it up, give it to Lebron and then spot up and wait for a pass. The problem with that is that then teams double or even triple Lebron and no one else can make a play for themselves. Wade and Rose provide the unique opportunity to have TWO play makers. Then Marion and Haslem don't have to try to make plays when wade is on the bench or having an off night, b/c Rose can still make plays for himself and others in wades absence. I think drafting Rose also prepares us for the future, if Wade decides he wants out of Miami.

BALLER71
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Yea your right, you never made this statement below. I guess you schooles me again.

Deleja is the ****

All he said was the he wanted the 2nd pick instead of the 1st so it wouldn't be a very difficult choice. If Chicago had taken Beasley then we would have gotten Rose and vice versa. But if we had gotten the 1st pick it would have been waaay more difficult to choose.

And this thread wasn't intentioned to point out that Rose is the ******* who has been having trouble with the law and those things but to point out how everyone fell for Riley's smokescreens.

Deng's Rose
07-15-2008, 10:45 AM
I said below my post not above my post. Read please.

daleja424
07-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Deleja is the ****

Whats your point? I have said several times I want Rose...and several other times that I wanted Beasley...b/c they both have huge upsides. I never said I didnt want rose. I just said that I wanted the second pick so we wouldnt have to choose. My point was, and still remains that I think alot of the crap the media was talking about leading up to the draft about beasley was smokescreen by Riley hoping that CHI would pass on him...

King Koopa
07-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Another Dumb Bull fan, just let him be.....

HeatBBall
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
King Koopa is dead on the money.. lmao

BALLER71
07-15-2008, 02:30 PM
King Koopa number one Bulls hater on our forum!

Mambo Kings
07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Riley wasn't pretending about his dislike for Beasley; he's never been very high on young players, preferring instead to assemble tested veterans. I think he agreed Beasley had talent, but at 19 - what can you really know about a person?

danbola
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Riley wasn't pretending about his dislike for Beasley; he's never been very high on young players, preferring instead to assemble tested veterans. I think he agreed Beasley had talent, but at 19 - what can you really know about a person?

I agree with that. My questions on Beasley were never regarding his charater, but more on his motivation. Will he be coming into camp in super shape ready to go every year? Does he have the will to be the best in the game. We will learn alot about him when we hear what kind of shape he's in coming into training camp and opening night.

fins08
07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
It does make sense, honestly, at the time of the pick, 90% of you wanted Rose. You made the sig bet and hopped on the Rose bandwagon. You wanted him, I understand where he is coming from. But for you guys, you did change and see that Beasley was a better player and started to hop on his bandwagon, wether or not the fact that the Bulls were going to take Rose. I know I was on Beasley the whole time. You guys switched and did see Beasley as better so that is why you hate Rose now and see that he is better. Anyways, Rose has been worse and beasley's problems were from pranks he pulled in High School? I tried to figure it out during the whole draft process, but I still can't figure out what his major problems are.

Mambo Kings
07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Beasley has no "problems" outside of being very young. The pranks he likes to pull don't indicate any real character issues. I wanted him in the draft, not Rose, but I'm still a bit concerned about his maturation process. He's basically not too far removed from high school and now entering a world of major pressure and temptation...how will he respond? I compared his B-ball skills to a young Derrick Coleman; I just hope he doesn't fall apart in the same fashion.

Master Mind
07-15-2008, 04:48 PM

Riley may not be high on young players but he certainly knew who was the best player in the draft...While he was working the phones trying to find a team to rape with the #2 pick he was putting up all types of smoke screens so Beasley wouldn't be taken by the Bulls...Everybody was actually believing all that mess about Beasley but the insiders and scouts knew only a mad man would pass on the best player in the draft and Riles had them clueless too :confused: (I'm not gonna lie, he had me fooled too) :laugh2:...Genius at it's finest :bow:...And we have to thank the media as well for covering Rose so much at the tail end of the college season totally overshadowing what Beasley accomplished...So here's to the media and those Chicago Bulls, thanx for the gift :cheers:...

greek miami hea
07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
king koopa=the bullsminator!lol.did u get it?king koopa:i ll be back chigago bulls.lol.king koopa is the heat defender!bravo.bulls thanks for b-easy and when we win the nba trophy we will send u a photo with beasley and dwade holding it.thats right.then u can cry!lol.heat 4 life!

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Beasly is probably on his "best behavior" because of the hype over his issues. Imagine him and Artest our in south Beach...in a year. Trouble may brew.
As for Rose, he was speeding; he's not Michael Vick.
And who hasn't punched a punk here or there?

I Am Awesome-O
07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
I've met Derrick before. I'm not just saying that to sound cool or anything, I really have, in the Tigers' locker room last year when he was playing at Memphis. First off, he is extremely nice. He's really funny, and kinda shy. I mean he really is a great guy, just look at his interviews and the way he talks and you have to know he is a really nice guy. Secondly, that fight he was in was with a Memphis football player and it was over a girl. Derrick had no idea that the girl he was out with had a boyfriend (the football player), and when the player saw Derrick with his girl he wanted to kick his ***. So Derrick was just standing up for himself and fighting back; he didn't start anything. Basically, Derrick is a good guy that probably really likes the new car he probably just bought a little too much. Before the speeding incident, he had never done anything majorly wrong.

marlinsfan24
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM
It does make sense, honestly, at the time of the pick, 90% of you wanted Rose. You made the sig bet and hopped on the Rose bandwagon. You wanted him, I understand where he is coming from. But for you guys, you did change and see that Beasley was a better player and started to hop on his bandwagon, wether or not the fact that the Bulls were going to take Rose. I know I was on Beasley the whole time. You guys switched and did see Beasley as better so that is why you hate Rose now and see that he is better. Anyways, Rose has been worse and beasley's problems were from pranks he pulled in High School? I tried to figure it out during the whole draft process, but I still can't figure out what his major problems are.

I'm gonna be completely honest here, I wanted Rose. I jumped on his bandwagon when Memphis played Tennessee. I still want Rose. I'm happy with Beasley, I'm not saying I'm not. But I just fell in love with Rose's style of play and I wish we could of got him.
But I agree, I think Riley did set-up a smoke screen so either, a.)he could get Beasley, or b.)he wanted to rape someone in a deal for the pick
And you know what, were never find out what Riley was thinking.