PDA

View Full Version : PE: Walton Having Surgery

Vidball
07-15-2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_lakers_notes_15.431eb10.html

Luke Walton will have surgery Friday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and expects to be out of action for four weeks.

Walton hopes the surgery will alleviate the pain he felt in the ankle all last season.

"It's the kind of thing that you don't know if the surgery will help. But I'm optimistic," Walton said by phone.

Uggggg...nothing will help you Luke. You're an injury-prone, overpaid, smoking, useless 4th string SF next season...5 more years of this :mad:

itzDarOc
07-15-2008, 01:37 AM
http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/stories/PE_Sports_Local_S_lakers_notes_15.431eb10.html

Uggggg...nothing will help you Luke. You're an injury-prone, overpaid, smoking, useless 4th string SF next season...5 more years of this :mad:

so you mean to tell me there is nothing wrong with his hand???? i figure with so many bad shots something had to be wrong.

yaaaaaaaaaaaa LUKE for 5 more years!

GermanLakersFan
07-15-2008, 01:41 AM
:clap::clap::clap:applause for this nothin-but-business move by Walton. He knows the Lakers want to get rid of him -> he doesn't want to play for a crappy team -> he gets surgery and therefore won't be moved because now absolutely no team is gonna want him!

If we're lucky the surgery helps him and he will at least put up okay-type of numbers for a 3rd or 4th string SF

I bet your daddy told u to do this!!:mad:

NDP1981
07-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Dear Luke,

Unless your surgery is going to turn you into Artest please get the hell out of L.A.

P.S. I hate your hair.

GermanLakersFan
07-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Dear Luke,

Unless your surgery is going to turn you into Artest please get the hell out of L.A.

P.S. I hate your hair.

:laugh::laugh2:AMEN!! lmao

DC Laker
07-15-2008, 02:00 AM
:clap::clap::clap:applause for this nothin-but-business move by Walton. He knows the Lakers want to get rid of him -> he doesn't want to play for a crappy team -> he gets surgery and therefore won't be moved because now absolutely no team is gonna want him!

If we're lucky the surgery helps him and he will at least put up okay-type of numbers for a 3rd or 4th string SF

I bet your daddy told u to do this!!:mad:

So lets get this straight... you think Luke Walton is having a surgery just to avoid being traded?

I will simply state that I could NEVER have the over reacting HATE that many of you have towards players who wear my favorite uniform on the planet.

I will ALWAYS wish them the best, and I will ALWAYS be respectful of them as part of this team. I will NEVER be a hater of one of our own!!!

Luke may not be an all-star, but he can play in this league. He obviously has not been healthy, but if he gets back in shape, I have no doubt that he can contribute to a 2008-2009 NBA Championship for the Lakers.

GermanLakersFan
07-15-2008, 02:10 AM
"It's the kind of thing that you don't know if the surgery will help. But I'm optimistic," Walton said by phone.

nuff said...I hope the best for the team as well that'S why i want him to either leave or get his sh** together. thae way he played last season and post season was a joke except for the denver series and a couple of regular season games. If he can play like he did in 06-07 I'll be fine with him. all he has to do is "re-learn" how to shoot the 3 and how to hit that fade-away out of the post. this past season he was throwin bricks at the backboard from all-over the court.

everytime i think of Luke i see him lookin over his shoulder and then gettin freekin owned on the Lay-up, that should've been a dunk no matter how bad the ankle hurts, by Price or what his name was from Utah.

lakerboy
07-15-2008, 02:14 AM
So Walton wants one month off.

FlawlessKB24
07-15-2008, 02:19 AM
its not like he works on his game in the summer anyways...

Lakerfan32
07-15-2008, 02:19 AM
tneres a difference between the people who have supported our team and those poeple who are so quick the moral majoritty, luke si hafig soome rough itimse right niw but fof all you Bs LAKERS FANS, wE BETTHER GET OUR TEAM UNIFIED RATHER THQT WANTING IT TO BLOW QA-PART CAUSE WE'LL ALL ADD

KingDiesel
07-15-2008, 02:27 AM
tneres a difference between the people who have supported our team and those poeple who are so quick the moral majoritty, luke si hafig soome rough itimse right niw but fof all you Bs LAKERS FANS, wE BETTHER GET OUR TEAM UNIFIED RATHER THQT WANTING IT TO BLOW QA-PART CAUSE WE'LL ALL ADD

....what? are you drinking again?

LAKERS 24/7
07-15-2008, 02:30 AM
your drunk lakerman, and so am i. cheeeeeeeers haha. but yea im one of the few beleivers in luke. i think he will be a contribtor too. his attitude strikes me as one of those who will work hard to get better, even though he's not physically gifted. mark my words, luke will be much better next season (i hope)

LA_cabals
07-15-2008, 02:31 AM

Are you drunk again? :drunk::drunk:

:cheers:

amos1er
07-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Lets not hate on Luke. Lets hate on the idiot who gave him that contract.............Mitch.

NrenNstimpy
07-15-2008, 03:40 AM
Seems like people beat me to the punch to defend Luke. It's simple fact that he injured himself towards the end of the season in 06-07 and that injury continued to linger on throughout the summer and into this past season. Why are all of you so eager to throw Walton under the bus?

Yes, we all know he's never going to be Kobe, let alone a Gasol or even an Odom, but may I remind you that in the 06-07 season, he was often times considered the 2nd best player on our team that had ODOM on it (and yes I'm aware that I'm opening myself up to criticism considering many of you hate on Odom as well, but that's your own opinion).

The dude can play, maybe not on an all-star level, but he can be one of the better role players on our team, which is all we really need from him in the first place: hitting open shots, making the extra pass, working hard on the defensive end. We already know he can make the extra pass, hitting his shots is something that can be worked on, and working hard on defense is all about effort and will-power, which I'm sure he would be chalk-full of if there wasn't a single thing bothering him physically.

Applaud him for undergoing a SURGERY, which he hopes will allow him to return to a pain-free state that gives him the ability to work on the game that so many of you have quickly come to hate.

Shawh
07-15-2008, 03:59 AM
Sounds good to me. Seems like he should have maybe gotten it a little earlier in the summer though? Although many wish he be dumped to another team, a healthy Walton is certainly better than an unhealthy one. Who knows, maybe he can regain some of that 06-07 form; could be that hopeless optimist in me though :shrug:

Lakersfan2483
07-15-2008, 04:35 AM
Doesn't really matter if Luke stays with LA, he in a non-factor in terms of our team winning. A healthy Ariza should take most of his mins. next year, he can stay on the bench or we can trade him, a non-issue in my book.

Iceman_9
07-15-2008, 07:24 AM
I hope something goes wrong in his surgery and he will be forced to retire!!!

GermanLakersFan
07-15-2008, 07:31 AM
:D:laugh::laugh2: I hope someone plugs some springs into his ankles so that he can stuff the next time hes 1-on-0 on a fastbreak and sh** like in the utah series won't happen again

Vidball
07-15-2008, 09:37 AM
SF rotation next season:
1. L.O. (possibly a SF we trade for)
2. Ariza
3. Radman (who started over Luke this season)
4. Luke

Luke might be a contributer in the NBA, just not on the Lakers. I would say it was a HUGE mistake by Mitch to sign him, but Luke had a career year when his contract was coming up (imagine that). Now he sucks again.

8kobe24
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll just be optimistic about this and hope that his ankle gets better and gives the lakers more productivity off the bench next season.:pray:

Storch
07-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Dear Luke,

P.S. I hate your hair.

hating at its finest!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DC Laker
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM
The hate is sad...

He is a nice guy who has never been in trouble, never been anything but a team guy, and he gets hated on?

Is it his fault the Lakers paid him a little more then they needed to? Would you have taken the money?

Dude is having surgery, and I wish him the best... I hope for a full recovery and that as a young player in this leauge that he continues to improve.

Not every player on a team is going to be a stad out... and if he is simply a spot guy off the bench, or a good locker room guy, I accept the value in that... I actually am a long time high school coach and its frustrating that people do not understand the value of a bench player... being a positive influence, working the starters in practice, and not being disgruntled with limited minutes... STILL ADDS VALUE TO THE TEAM!!!

Maybe you do not remember the games after Bynum went down and before we got Gasol... Kwame was injured as well, and Turiaf, Walton, Vlad and Odom fought bigger, stronger guys EVERY NIGHT to try to keep the team a float... He was reported as day-to-day, and really gave it everything he could when we were getting desperate.

I do not forget things like that... He deserves better.

Vidball
07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Lakers deserve better than what he's been producing. I like him, but his game went downhill last season. He played for his contract and is probably gonna sit his butt on the bench for the next half decade and collect his paycheck.

LA_Raiders
07-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Who Cares? just trade him already...

Raidaz4Life
07-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Go Luke!!! God Bless and have a speedy recovery!

gagnefan38
07-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Let's rememeber that surgery is ALWAYS the last resort. The season just ended so you have to give the ankle time to rest, then you have to take another MRI or x-ray to see if any further damage is found. Then the Doctors have to determine if surgery could repair the ankle at-all even then Luke as a precaution probably asked for a 2nd opinion. I didn't even mention the risks of using anethetic in ANY surgery. Even though he is a professional athlete it doesn't mean he gets priority at the hospital either because after all it's his ankle. In case you have been in a cave the amount of hospitals has been steadily decreasing due to budget cuts. Lay off the guy already. :mad:

Cali4rnia
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
ahh ****!! now we cant even trade him for can of CRV :((

LALfan4Life
07-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Alot of cold hearted fans... Get well soon Luke.

Lakerfan32
07-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Alot of cold hearted fans... Get well soon Luke.

replace cold-hearted with bandwagon.

Hope Luke gets well soon. Anyone know when camp starts?

AllTheWay
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I hate this Laker forum

80% of the posters are idiots

Wheres Borat?

Gr824 doesnt post much

Lakerfan1991 got banned...

New Era is gone

Vidball
07-15-2008, 03:46 PM
^^^I don't mind the posters with opinions (even if the opinions are often wrong)...what gets on my nerves is the condescending pricks.

gr824
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I hate this Laker forum

80% of the posters are idiots

Wheres Borat?

Gr824 doesnt post much

Lakerfan1991 got banned...

New Era is gone

I don't ?!?!? :speechless: Really ?!?!? :confused:
:shrug:

:D :D :D

plpfctn
07-15-2008, 04:13 PM
healthy or not, puke walton is the worst player in the history of western civilization.

DC Laker
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Lakers deserve better than what he's been producing. I like him, but his game went downhill last season. He played for his contract and is probably gonna sit his butt on the bench for the next half decade and collect his paycheck.

At least this is an honest opinion, with some respect for the player... I hate the flat out "Haters".

Although I do believe that he will be a bench player for the next couple years... I honest don't see why he can't get back some of the flair he had just 2 seasons ago, and become a contributer off the bench once again.

Those who just think he is a worthless piece of crap... I can't stand.

L@ker4Life
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
replace cold-hearted with bandwagon.

Hope Luke gets well soon. Anyone know when camp starts?

I believe it starts mid October every year in HI, right?

gr824
07-15-2008, 05:55 PM
I believe it starts mid October every year in HI, right?

Usually, camp starts in late September-early October. Also, historically, the Lakers have gone to Hawaii every other year. Since they went to Hawaii last preseason, I believe they will be staying in the Southland this fall ...

boybronco
07-15-2008, 06:19 PM
I've had bone spurs and they hurt like hell. They don't really keep you from doing anything just make everything you do painful. This explains some of what looked like lack of conditioning. He looked like he was in good shape all season just too slow, but the bone spurs would have slowed him down.

Hopefully he gets this worked out, but I've always had this problem and it's never really gone away. Of course, I never went through the surgery either as I'm not a pro basketball player it wasn't all that important :)

& TO the guy suggesting that Luke is doing this to avoid being traded you're crazy, we couldn't give Waltons contract away.

NrenNstimpy
07-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I hope something goes wrong in his surgery and he will be forced to retire!!!

You must've had something really horrible happen to you to have to wish ill will on someone who's having surgery. No matter how minor the procedure is, it's still surgery and there are HUGE risks to any surgery. Grow up and learn that there's life past basketball, especially a team to which you're only a FAN of. Not even an employee or family member of someone associated with the team, just a FAN. That gives you NO right WHATSOEVER to hope that something goes wrong with his surgery. Unintelligent prick

healthy or not, puke walton is the worst player in the history of western civilization.

Just go away. No one wants you here

AllTheWay
07-16-2008, 03:10 AM
I don't ?!?!? :speechless: Really ?!?!? :confused:
:shrug:

Not as much as you should :)

AllTheWay
07-16-2008, 03:11 AM
^^^I don't mind the posters with opinions (even if the opinions are often wrong)...what gets on my nerves is the condescending pricks.

What gets on my nerves are the ones without brains and the bandwagon ones

Although those usually go hand in hand

GermanLakersFan
07-16-2008, 04:41 AM
You must've had something really horrible happen to you to have to wish ill will on someone who's having surgery. No matter how minor the procedure is, it's still surgery and there are HUGE risks to any surgery. Grow up and learn that there's life past basketball, especially a team to which you're only a FAN of. Not even an employee or family member of someone associated with the team, just a FAN. That gives you NO right WHATSOEVER to hope that something goes wrong with his surgery. Unintelligent prick

Just go away. No one wants you here

tzz...dude basically what Iceman was saying is Luke: u better get your sh** together after this surgery. because if he keeps playin the way he was he would help us much more if he retired. thats all. I hate posters who remind me of my mom, like: don't wish anything bad to anyone it might come back around...GOSH he made a joke and was referring to lukes horrible season and that we don't need that crap again next year if we wanna win it all

NrenNstimpy
07-16-2008, 05:00 AM
tzz...dude basically what Iceman was saying is Luke: u better get your sh** together after this surgery. because if he keeps playin the way he was he would help us much more if he retired. thats all. I hate posters who remind me of my mom, like: don't wish anything bad to anyone it might come back around...GOSH he made a joke and was referring to lukes horrible season and that we don't need that crap again next year if we wanna win it all

Wishing ill will on someone's career and potentially his life is nothing to joke around about. I'm sorry that you disagree with this, but after dealing with some of the things I have experienced, life is nothing to be taken for granted.

Mr Blue
07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
your drunk lakerman, and so am i. cheeeeeeeers haha. but yea im one of the few beleivers in luke. i think he will be a contribtor too. his attitude strikes me as one of those who will work hard to get better, even though he's not physically gifted. mark my words, luke will be much better next season (i hope)I have always liked Luke, but last year his inability to hit medium range Js really started to get to me. If he's going to work on anything during the off season, that should be it. As for taking a month off, he obviously learned something from playing with the Big Aristotle. :eyebrow:

MJL
07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Get fixed and see what Luke can do next next season. I don't think we will be able to trade him any way with his value per dollar ratio...

gr824
07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
I have always liked Luke, but last year his inability to hit medium range Js really started to get to me. If he's going to work on anything during the off season, that should be it. As for taking a month off, he obviously learned something from playing with the Big Aristotle. :eyebrow:

If Luke really learned a lesson there, he would schedule the surgery for September, wouldn't he ? :rolleyes:

gagnefan38
07-16-2008, 05:16 PM
If Luke really learned a lesson there, he would schedule the surgery for September, wouldn't he ? :rolleyes:

:clap: Exactly at least Luke didn't have the surgery on "company" time.

Mr Blue
07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
:clap: Exactly at least Luke didn't have the surgery on "company" time.Got that right:clap: But there's still a chance that he might miss part of training camp, which of course doesn't compare with missing ALL of camp EVERY year:D

Vidball
07-17-2008, 01:13 AM
What gets on my nerves are the ones without brains and the bandwagon ones

Although those usually go hand in hand

You mean all the "Laker fans" who were wearing Clipper jerseys a couple years ago when they actually made the playoffs??? lol

AllTheWay
07-17-2008, 02:55 AM
You mean all the "Laker fans" who were wearing Clipper jerseys a couple years ago when they actually made the playoffs??? lol

Exactly

You know where im coming from :cool: