PDA

View Full Version : What If VC Stayed In Toronto

DirtyThirty
07-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Would Jermaine, Bosh, and VC have dominated if he stayed?

Ragun
07-15-2008, 01:15 AM
No...VC is done.

JIDsanity
07-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Yeah it would have, but JO probably wouldn't be in TO. VC also would not be hated if he stayed, but that's another story.

jersey'sfinest
07-15-2008, 01:59 AM
the nets would have probably won a championship......they got there without him and since hes come they havent gotten there

SeoulBeatz
07-15-2008, 02:11 AM
V.C is still a very talented player.

it wasnt until he had that ugly departure from Toronto that people started to question his heart, but he was an AMAZING player and yes if he were still there... and if toronto fans still loved him.... the lineup would be disgusting

Calderon
VC
Moon
Bosh
JO

wow.

toronto should trade barg and whatever bloated contracts they have left for VC and make a new Big Three.

Im sure toronto fans would hate that idea, but from an outsiders standpoint, that would really take them over the top

Catfish1314
07-15-2008, 02:16 AM
If VC stayed in Toronto...he would have died. Either he would have died because he wasn't the number one option anymore or Raptor fans would have killed him.

^That lineup looks nice but VC is really not the same player anymore. His numbers are still great. 21 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 45% shooting, but in all those Nets games I watched last year his defense on the ball was a joke and on offense he just seemed like he was playing bored. He's still one of the most talented players in the league but he doesn't play nearly as hard as he's capable.

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 08:16 AM
Would Jermaine, Bosh, and VC have dominated if he stayed?

Raptors would never have had Bosh if VC stayed.

Knicks845
07-15-2008, 09:11 AM
They wouldn't have lost that many games to get such a high draft pick and select chris bosh, and who knows about j. Oneill, so it wouldn't have happended, simple as that (.)

innovator
07-15-2008, 09:16 AM
if VC stayed in toronto... the heat wouldnt have won a championship since mourning would stay in new jersey.. zo was a vital part of the heat championship team.... and raptors would not have bargnani cuz they would not get the no.1 pick and if VC stayed they would not get a top 8 pick to draft charlie villanueva who they used to get tj ford who they used to get JO!

North Yorker
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
We still had Bosh. VC and Bosh were both on the Raptor team in 04. But the question we should really ask our selves... Is what if the Raps decided to build around McGrady instead of VC. How far would that team have gone led by T-Mac? Oh wait I know, 1st round playoff exit.

Mile High Champ
07-15-2008, 09:30 AM

Yeah they would have. Bosh was here for a year with VC. Get your facts checked.

marvILLous
07-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Bosh and VC already played together for about a year and a half just to repeat it for a third time lol

_Sn1P3r_
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
If VC stayed in Toronto...he would have died. Either he would have died because he wasn't the number one option anymore or Raptor fans would have killed him.

^That lineup looks nice but VC is really not the same player anymore. His numbers are still great. 21 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 45% shooting, but in all those Nets games I watched last year his defense on the ball was a joke and on offense he just seemed like he was playing bored. He's still one of the most talented players in the league but he doesn't play nearly as hard as he's capable.

I agree. I remember hearing from a commentator saying that one of his teammates said he could score the easiest 20 points when he tries. But sometimes it seems he doesn't care and just dashes up shots.

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Yeah they would have. Bosh was here for a year with VC. Get your facts checked.

I stand corrected, you are right, Vince didn't get traded until 2004-2005 and Bosh was around in 2003-2004.

torontosports10
07-15-2008, 11:21 AM
However that being said Bosh could have left or wnated to if Vinve was still here cause he has no heart and was being a *****.

I still hate the fact that we didnt get one decent thing back from him but a bit of cap space which we used to sign AP and Garbo

JIDsanity
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM

Never mind

blujaysrock
07-15-2008, 11:30 AM
toronto would be awesome if they had that team, they'd be better than the celts with that lineup IMO.

Phillies 369083
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
If Carter were still there i don't think that O'Neal would be there

MilwaukeeBAller
07-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Look at this possible lineup:

C Jermaine O'Neal
F Chris Bosh
F Tracy McGrady
G Vince Carter
G Jose Calderon

Now it's extremely unlikely that a team could ever keep that type of talent, especially T-Mac and Vince for that long, but that would be an unstoppable team right there.

RapsFan4Life
07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
vc is done, he is not the same player not because of lack of skill, there is a lack of love for the game, lack of heart and lack of wanting to win, he would clash with bosh ... we need a strong defense interior and on the perimeter, ... scoring has never been a problem for the dinosaurs

MilwaukeeBAller
07-15-2008, 12:40 PM
It's a little surprising that the Raptors haven't gotten much done in the last decade or so. Look at some of the players they have had: Stoudamire, McGrady, Carter, Camby, Bosh. I think they'll be pretty good this year if o'Neal can stay healthy.

kuppz
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
K lets get one thing straight Carters a bitcch. What a waste of talent. He could of been something great instead hes had a very unaccomplished career because of his shhittyy attitude. Anyone in toronto will tell you that there is no spot on the raptors for that pusssy. Look straight talent isn't enough to be among the elite at the highest level. To win you have to have that extra drive and hunger that special something that vc will never have and that's why he will never be a champion. Bosh has that hunger and desire for his team to win, and I think anyone would agree that theyd take bosh over vc any day.

mariotubes
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
vc sux, he would never be welcomed back in toronto, and he will never win a title.... mcgrady on the other hand would be welcomed back with open arms

marvILLous
07-15-2008, 08:16 PM
It's a little surprising that the Raptors haven't gotten much done in the last decade or so. Look at some of the players they have had: Stoudamire, McGrady, Carter, Camby, Bosh. I think they'll be pretty good this year if o'Neal can stay healthy.

yeah but when the raps had stoudamire, those were the expansion years and the rest of the team was garbage. same deal with camby.

as for mcgrady, the t-mac we all know of now was not the same t-mac w/ the raptors. he was sort of hidden behind carter. everyone knew the talent and potential was there but it just wasnt gonna happen in toronto behind VC.

with carter, he led us to the playoffs 3 times (well, more like 2). we could've made it to the ECF and probably the finals if he woulda just hit that buzzer beater shot in philly lol. so that team did do some good.

now for bosh, he came to the team when we had a lot of problems. VC situation, and then we had to rebuild. but now you see bosh turning our team around, we've made the playoffs two years in a row now and for sure there will be many more playoffs series' to come.

point is, we've had a lot of talent. but most of the time, the situations weren't good which is why we haven't had as much success as it seems we should have.

JERSEYCARTER15
07-15-2008, 08:52 PM
K lets get one thing straight Carters a bitcch. What a waste of talent. He could of been something great instead hes had a very unaccomplished career because of his shhittyy attitude. Anyone in toronto will tell you that there is no spot on the raptors for that pusssy. Look straight talent isn't enough to be among the elite at the highest level. To win you have to have that extra drive and hunger that special something that vc will never have and that's why he will never be a champion. Bosh has that hunger and desire for his team to win, and I think anyone would agree that theyd take bosh over vc any day.

Yeah and bosh is going to be a champion:rolleyes: keep dreaming. call me when he pass the first round.

JIDsanity
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I knew this would turn into another VC hate thread. Unbelievable.:pity:

JIDsanity
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
vc sux, he would never be welcomed back in toronto, and he will never win a title.... mcgrady on the other hand would be welcomed back with open arms
Good job reading the title of the thread.

Sportscenterman
07-15-2008, 09:15 PM
VC is still a good player but as a Net fan he doesn't seem to try his hardest. He wouldn't help Toronto that much more

marvILLous
07-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah and bosh is going to be a champion:rolleyes: keep dreaming. call me when he pass the first round.

what's ur phone number?

greg_ory_2005
07-15-2008, 09:55 PM
what's ur phone number?

lmao. :laugh2:

knowledgeGOD
07-16-2008, 01:25 AM
i bet he regrets leaving.. imo i think nets are screwed and its kinda karma for him now

mariotubes
07-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Good job reading the title of the thread.

shutup

the topic has obviously changed... this thread is stupid you know everyone in toronto hates carter, so i stated the obvious in saying tmac would be welcome back, also tmac is the better player, so the thread should be wut if tmac stayed in toronto and yes he wouldve developed into the player he is today after vince left or maybe even before

Raptors27
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
It would make so many changes to the team if Vince would have stayed that its hard to tell what would happen.

Z-ray21
07-16-2008, 12:32 PM
if vc had stayed toronto would have been a championship contender

Calderon ****
Vince Carter *****
Moon ***(monster)
Bosh *****
JO *****

greg_ory_2005
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
How bout if we kept McGrady too. :D

North Yorker
07-16-2008, 12:51 PM
what's ur phone number?

LOL, you owned right there.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
You cant ask raptrr fans questions like this.. Or any idiot that has somthing against carter.. They find any way to bring carter down.. and they fail to recognize anything carter did for them... ANd all in all it turns into a carter bash.. and most importantly goes away from the topic...

I think if Vc would have stayed in toronto.. even though they would have probably not gotten jarmaine... With the development of bosh.. and Vince playing like an all star.. as he did.... With The NETS>.. and ToOK them furhter than the rapotrs have ever been without him.... The raptors would be contenders every year if they had the Vince and Bosh combo going... Its wat all good teams have a great sg... and a great big man... There arent many players liek vince out there.... And dont ever quetion his heart.. DO u raptor fans 4get that VINCE CARTER TOOK YOU GUYS TO THE 2nd ROund game 7 of the PLAYOFFS!?? THATS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE EVER BEEN? So why are u complaining? .. If bosh has so much heart and desire to WIN, why hasnt he got out of the 1st ROUND? Huh... IM SORRY correct me IF IM WRONG!! BOSh's raptors lost to Vince CARTER"S NETS in the 1st ROUND OF the playoffs a couple of YEars AAGO.... OOOo vince is unaccomplished? I DONT THINK SO! MUCH MORE ACCOMPLISHED THAN BOSH !!1 At least hes been out of the 1st round of the playoffs.... hes and 8 TIME ALL STAR.... Dunk Champion.. and a tema USA GOLD MEDALIST... hes #5 in most ppg career averaged for all active Player!... SO SHUT UR MOUth.. You guys cant even PROVE ME WRONG.... HE TURNED THE the NEts around... and dont 4got.. VINCE put u guys on the map.. hes the GREATEST PALYER TO PLAY FOR UR FRANCHISE>>> no ONE WOULD EVEN GIVE TWO ***** ABOUT ToRONto.. you guys are nobodys.. ! dONt be mad cause ur stupid management DIDNT Get anythign back in return For HImmm... THe nets robbed u guys... jsut accept it.. and appreciate the player THAt lead ur team when ur team was at its best.... ! STOP HATING!.. I think hes averaged like 32 ppg agaisnt u guys since u traded.. DOnt lIE>... u wish u had him.. and u DONT!

shutup

the topic has obviously changed... this thread is stupid you know everyone in toronto hates carter, so i stated the obvious in saying tmac would be welcome back, also tmac is the better player, so the thread should be wut if tmac stayed in toronto and yes he wouldve developed into the player he is today after vince left or maybe even before

IF TMACS A BETTER PLAYER... why DOes vince carter Average more ppg?.. Why has he been further in the playoffs than tmac has?... Even though TMac has the luzury of playing with the best Center in the league... I dont understand how he is better?.... Vince Carter murdered his numbers last season... and he was hurt.. Tmac's shooting percentage was horrible... His scoring didnt even go up with Yao.. Vince would have dropped 30 every game for that team.. VINCE has been an all star more than Tmac.. and been to the playoffs more than Tmac.. SO u tell Me how tmac is better?.. numbers are def not on ur side.. and win.. i mean carter has been further... And hes not as injury prone as tMac is.. soo i mean... just tell me?plz/ He doesnt suck ur just a hater!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-16-2008, 02:43 PM
The Greatest Player In Toronto Raptors History: Vince Carter!!!

Beno7500
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
No

lorenz00
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
it will never be the salary cap is too much!

lorenz00
07-16-2008, 04:11 PM
+ we dont want VC in TO

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
i bet he regrets leaving.. imo i think nets are screwed and its kinda karma for him now

I bet u regret lOsgin Him! cause u havent done jack since he left! except lose to him in the 1st round of the playoffs./