PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton is the most talented player in the MLB

lavell12
07-15-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm talking about pure talent, he has more skills than even A-Rod. While A-Rod has accomplished more what Hamilton has done missing three complete years and never playing higher than A-Ball, is even more amazing than a young guy doing it in his first two years. It has basically been done on raw talent and physical tools. Imagine how good he would be if he had come up with Tampa?

good spliff
07-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Hanley Ramirez

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
If he had never had the drug issues, he would have been up LONG ago. He would have been putting up these superstar numbers for the last 4 seasons or so. It's such a shame, but still an overall great story. Only good has come from his tragic few years.

As far as pure talent, he's one of them. An absolute 5 tool player.

Hanley Ramirez
Defense?

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Love the player to death, but this is just another reactionary thread on PSD's resume.....

Cubsjunkie
07-15-2008, 12:34 AM
And the Cubs traded him:pity: .
But yes, he put on quite a show with those mammoth home runs. I almost bought his jersey... He's truly an admiration.

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Love the player to death, but this is just another reactionary thread on PSD's resume.....
While that's clearly true, that doesn't change the fact that he's such a damn talented ball player. But yes, this thread never would have come about had he dropped a dud in the HRD.

dcannon456
07-15-2008, 12:35 AM
bandwagon starts here i guess lol.

hes great dont get me wrong but best in the MLB? idk, sounds like espn has you kinda hyped up on him. poor morneau :(

brandonwarne52
Hey, did Josh Hamilton win?

The volume on my TV doesn't work.

:rolleyes:

Havoc Wreaker
I may actually be having a new favorite player if he keeps this up, I truly hope this carries on for the rest of his career, would hate it if its a One hit wonder thing

ugafan
07-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Stop making stupid threads like this, especially in the Braves forum.

lavell12
07-15-2008, 12:38 AM

nice try nobody actually gives a damn that morneau won.

Tragedy

He did not, but I hate to inform you: No one (Outside of MN) will ever care about Morneau winning this night.

natepro
Shouldn't Hamilton have more than 7 SB and 3 CS before he's a "5-tool player?"

And also:

Uggla: 157 OPS+
Hamilton: 144 OPS+

The guy did drugs, then quit, and then hit a lot of HRs in a Derby (that he then lost). He's not suddenly God's gift to baseball.

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:39 AM
He did not, but I hate to inform you: No one (Outside of MN) will ever care about Morneau winning this night.

Duh, ya think?

What's the difference between Morneau and Hamilton? Crack.

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
The guy did drugs, then quit, and then hit a lot of HRs in a Derby (that he then lost). He's not suddenly God's gift to baseball.
No, you're right, he's not god's gift. But he's still an unbelievable talent, who DOES have all the 5 tools (Just like he did when he was dubbed a 1st rounder by the Rays).

But yes, the bandwagon on Hamilton has officially started. It's frustrating, because those of us that have loved the guy since he came up with the Reds will now be pushed in with those that only know him from the Derby.

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Duh, ya think?

13 Home Runs? :shrug:

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Too bad he doesn't play for the Tampa Bay Rays!!

brandonwarne52
13 Home Runs? :shrug:

Hit them when they matter.

CaptainCool79
Hamilton made a fan out of me

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:42 AM
But like I said: No one really cared about the final round, regardless. Everyone knew who the winner of the event was after round 1. :shrug:

ugafan
Duh, ya think?

:laugh:

brandonwarne52
Why allow a player to win an entire competition by dominating a single round?

Havoc Wreaker
07-15-2008, 12:43 AM

Nope, Didnt you hear? That new Prospect from your Twins won...uh...Morneau... Jason is his name, Jason Morneau, Yeah that's it :laugh:

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Why allow a player to win an entire competition by dominating a single round?
I'm not saying that.

But it's clear who everyone in Yankee Stadium feels is the winner. It's clear who all of the media feels is the winner (Morneau got freaking snubbed after the event). It's clear who all the fans feel is the winnerr.

Morneau takes home the award, and good for him. It was a pretty solid night for him. But what Hamilton was an accomplishment never before seen. He's the hero of the night, and it'll be him, not Jason (:laugh:) that is remembered forever.

You understand that, I assume. So I don't know why you're arguing with it. Your boy won, so congrats to him, MN, and you. But no one really cares about him..

natepro
07-15-2008, 12:45 AM
I posted this in the Cards forum, but why not here as well?

From the brilliant minds at www.firejoemorgan.com

P.S. Not only did Erin Andrews snub Justin Morneau for Hamilton immediately post-Derby, but during the trophy presentation she clearly pronounces his name as "Mar-neau," Executive Vice President of MLB Rob Manfred goes with something like "Myrrh-neau," and Boys and Girls Club Giant Check Giver Guy just flat out insults him with "Jason." We get it, guys: Morneau didn't do heroin. So he's bo-ring!

The lesson, as always: it's better to do heroin and then stop doing heroin and then lose the Home Run Derby after an impressive first round than it is to not do heroin and then keep not doing heroin and then win the Home Run Derby after a pedestrian first round. Of course, I'm not telling you anything you haven't heard a thousand times already.

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Great post, natepro.

lavell12
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM

He hit a walk off of K-Rod last week.
About your crake joke that isn't even close to funny and why are you taking it out on Hamilton b/c nobody pays attention to Morneau winning.

ugafan
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
I believe lavell is the same genius who posted this:Tommy Hanson, Brent Lillibridge, Brandon Jones, Jordan Schafer, Charlie Morton, Cody Johnson, and Jason Heyward to the Rangers for Josh Hamilton. And also said Hamilton is better than Mickey Mantle.

ShinobiNYC
07-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Can Josh steal 40+ bases? NO
Can he have 50+ HRs and drive in 140+ RBIs while winning GG in SS? NO
Can he break Bonds' record? NO

Let's just enjoy an amazing comeback and a bright future from Josh pls. He is now(if he wasn't before) a superstar in baseball(based on his performance this year not the HR Derby).

jetsfan28
I've been saying this for a while now (at least top 3), but no one would listen :(

brandonwarne52
About your crake joke that isn't even close to funny and why are you taking it out on Hamilton b/c nobody pays attention to Morneau winning.

I don't have the energy for you.

Havoc Wreaker
I posted this in the Cards forum, but why not here as well?

From the brilliant minds at www.firejoemorgan.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's some Funny Stuff

ugafan
07-15-2008, 12:49 AM

Are you like 12? I would take Morneau over Hamilton anyday, Morneau is much more proven, and already has an MVP. He's more consistent than Hamilton too.

jetsfan28
07-15-2008, 12:49 AM

Let's just enjoy an amazing comeback and a bright future from Josh pls. He is now(if he wasn't before) a superstar in baseball(based on his performance this year not the HR Derby).

How exactly do you know this? The guy took 3 years off and is already on pace to hit 35+ home runs, drive in around 150, has played unbelievable defense in the OF, and the things you just mentioned aren't the only indicators of talent.

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Morneau blows.

Well there went your credibility....

lavell12
07-15-2008, 12:51 AM
I believe lavell is the same genius who posted this:Tommy Hanson, Brent Lillibridge, Brandon Jones, Jordan Schafer, Charlie Morton, Cody Johnson, and Jason Heyward to the Rangers for Josh Hamilton. And also said Hamilton is better than Mickey Mantle.

I was joking about the trade, and never said he wasd better than Mantle but that he has the physical tools to be the next Mantle, big difference.

BrianWestKins
07-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Well there went your credibility....

let me finish that statement. Morneau blows compared to Josh Hamilton.

brandonwarne52
07-15-2008, 12:52 AM
At what?

Playing one amazing year?

lavell12
07-15-2008, 12:52 AM
well if he is going to post someone else's opinion and use it as a source he should fact check.

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:53 AM

So the only way to be one of the best pure baseball players currently is to steal 40+, hit 50+ HR's, drive in 140+ runs, and break Bonds record?

Okay, so no one will ever be a top notch performer in your eyes, if you set your standards to such a silly level.

brandonwarne52
well if he is going to post someone else's opinion and use it as a source he should fact check.

Is it really that important?

Havoc Wreaker
Tragedy or Jetsfan, This is turning Ugly Quick.....Close this thing as it's Point, If it had one, Is clearly not the same anymore

Tragedy
07-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Pretty awful how we can't have a civil debate/conversation on such an interesting topic.

Next time, try and keep the thread on topic and not turn to personal attacks, guys.