PDA

View Full Version : Any other basketball cities left out by espn's top 8?

chadillachembre
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM
If you havent seen it ESPN.com did a story on the best 8 nba talent cities in america. they judged it by the best high school players that are current NBA players. They had a 6 man roster; a starting 5 and a 6th man. The cities chosen were Seattle, LA, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore/DC, Philly, and New York. I was disapointed not to see Phoenix on the map. Off the top of my head the NBA has a few stud PHX high schoolers currently playing. Off the top of my head Phoenix can throw out a roster of Mike Bibby (Shadow Mountain) Richard Jefferson (Moon Valley), Channing Frye (St. Mary's), Jerryd Bayless (St. Mary's) and im sure if i did some research i could dig up another name or two. Im curious to know if any one else has a city they know of that has some sick high school talent that was left out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/features/cityhigh

Ph1lly Diehard
07-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Phoenix is a good basketball town, no doubt, but not as good as the other cities listed up there.

CaptainCool79
07-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Akron, Ohio...LeBron alone warrants more love for his city than any amount of players that couldve come from somewhere else haha

bogdanrom
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Michael Beasley was born and played high school ball in Maryland. Take out Linas Kleiza, put in Michael Beasley. Josh Smith played ball at Oak Hill in VA. The Baltimore/DC Team is so nasty.

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 11:13 AM
If you havent seen it ESPN.com did a story on the best 8 nba talent cities in america. they judged it by the best high school players that are current NBA players. They had a 6 man roster; a starting 5 and a 6th man. The cities chosen were Seattle, LA, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, Baltimore/DC, Philly, and New York. I was disapointed not to see Phoenix on the map. Off the top of my head the NBA has a few stud PHX high schoolers currently playing. Off the top of my head Phoenix can throw out a roster of Mike Bibby (Shadow Mountain) Richard Jefferson (Moon Valley), Channing Frye (St. Mary's), Jerryd Bayless (St. Mary's) and im sure if i did some research i could dig up another name or two. Im curious to know if any one else has a city they know of that has some sick high school talent that was left out?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/features/cityhigh

Maybe Dallas or New Orleans

I know Deron is from close to Dallas.

Mile High Champ
07-15-2008, 11:25 AM
haha why america. Is it so hard to include toronto, the one franchise out of the states. Honestly espn sometimes can be really stupid. Most noteable idiot at espm would be of course stephen a smith.

king4day
07-15-2008, 12:40 PM
How was the roster they put in for NY even mentioned? That team would get beat by the worst of teams..

QuaLiThADoN
07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Nj !!!! Lol

18colts29
07-15-2008, 08:43 PM
Indianapolis. 3 top 7 picks , 5 first round total picks the last 2 drafts.