PDA

View Full Version : Loren Woods Released, Donte Green signed, Joey Dorsey negotiations and minor trade

nickymintz
07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
While one Rockets career ended on Monday, another began.

The Rockets agreed to release center Loren Woods from his contract on Monday, then signed this season’s first-round pick Donté Greene before their first game in the Las Vegas NBA Summer League on Monday.

Greene had 40 points, making 12 of 20 shots and 11 of 12 free throws, to lead the Rockets to a 100-97 win over the Phoenix Suns, as the Rockets came back from a 17-point, second-half deficit. Mike Harris added 21 points and 13 rebounds. Maarty Leunen had 16, with a reverse with seven seconds left that gave the Rockets their first lead of the game.

Greene signed his contract five minutes before the game. Joey Dorsey, however, sat out, pending negotiations on his contract, though Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said he offered to purchase double the usual insurance.

Morey added Monday’s moves will not be the last, saying he planned a “minor” trade for this month.

"There is definitely going to be a roster management move,” Morey said, "probably in the next two weeks.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5887748.html

Jay22Redd
07-15-2008, 01:11 AM
okay but did you have to paste it twice lol.

Im very anxious!

bball1217
07-15-2008, 01:26 AM
what would minor be??
who do you think could be included??
what is he trying to get in return?

ii77daman
07-15-2008, 01:54 AM
sign dorsey please!

stevefrancis
07-15-2008, 02:09 AM
probably luther head for a future pick and cash. maybe to golden state since baron left. maybe even bobby jackson.

a_bhee_c
07-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Yeah please sign Dorsey! Dont Trade him. His name could also be on the scoreboard vs. suns if we let him play. We might have the lead throughout the game. we know he can defend and that is what we lacking based on what i watched against he suns.

Renovator
07-15-2008, 04:39 AM
We missed Dorsey's Rebounding today. I hope Morey and Dorsey's can come to an agreement soon. Why do these 2nd rounders always cause problems with contract signings? Last year it was Landry (and this year), this year its Dorsey.

We dont have anyone to backup Yao either. No DeKe, no Woods, no Landry.

I hope this trade is for someone legit to back up YAO.

Manos
07-15-2008, 06:47 AM
I bet they are going to be moving Head or Novak. Head because he's terrible or Novak since I see he didn't play in the Summer league game. Perhaps they don't want him to get injured before they have a chance to move him.

TMAC94
07-15-2008, 07:13 AM
yee my boy Greene baby 40 points :)

JordansBulls
07-15-2008, 08:00 AM
Hopefully a Battier, Francis and Brooks deal for Artest

:pray:

TMAC94
07-15-2008, 08:01 AM

fingers crossed!

Manos
07-15-2008, 08:10 AM

I don't think they'd consider that a 'minor' trade.

Manos
07-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I bet they are going to be moving Head or Novak. Head because he's terrible or Novak since I see he didn't play in the Summer league game. Perhaps they don't want him to get injured before they have a chance to move him.

HA! I knew it would probably be Novak since he's not playing in Vegas.

Roster move looms (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5888142.html)

"There is definitely going to be a roster management move," Morey said. "probably in the next two weeks."

Steve Novak, who played on the past two Summer League teams, is not participating this season, indicating he might not be in the Rockets' plans, though they extended his contract last season.

Too bad he never really got to the point where he could get some time on the floor...

ryback
07-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Maybe they will just trade Novak and Head for a back-up center if Deke won't comeback to us again. Any idea guys whose best fit for Yao Ming as reliever? How about Alonzo Mourning, Chris Andersen, Kwame Brown......

pippsux
07-15-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree that it might involve Novak. He has not gotten much playtime in 2-3 years and 2 coaches and he is not playing summer ball, I think it's Novak.

Tmac to da rack
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Im a little excited, Greene scores 40. So im guessing the kid can BALL! Hopefully his so good that he competes with Battier for that Starting Line up Sf. That would be great news! Morey definatly knows how to draft when it comes to draft night, unlike CD, where he always choked! I cant believe he traded 3 players for Eddie Griffin, and one of those was RJ, but whatever, now we have the best GM in the league and we're going to make a run for the championship if everyone stays healthy!

astrosmaniac
07-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Im a little excited, Greene scores 40. So im guessing the kid can BALL! Hopefully his so good that he competes with Battier for that Starting Line up Sf. That would be great news! Morey definatly knows how to draft when it comes to draft night, unlike CD, where he always choked! I cant believe he traded 3 players for Eddie Griffin, and one of those was RJ, but whatever, now we have the best GM in the league and we're going to make a run for the championship if everyone stays healthy!

id rather have battier in the starting line up with greene being able to bring some offense off the bench along with barry so that tmac and yao dont have to play soo much

Manos
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Lets not go crazy, it's only Summer League. Remember how well Brooks, Novak and John Lucas III? They lit it up in Summer league and could barely get on the floor during the regular season. It would take quite a bit to supplant Battier from the starting line up.

rocketfuel
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I wish Morey had been GM sooner.... I like how he always seems to get value or at least gamble for it.... imagine if we started with more talent a few years earlier....

Some players tore up summer league...but probably not quite to the point of 40 points.... I admit I'm a little surprised.... I wonder if he can keep this up. He has a skill we can definitely use. He's tall enough that he can shoot over most defenders (like the way Tmac does with his lift).

sep11ie
07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
yee my boy Greene baby 40 points :)

Remember, thats not Gerald Greene. LOL!
Just messin with ya

TMAC94
07-15-2008, 05:53 PM
^^ i like donte too :)

Jay22Redd
07-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Lets not go crazy, it's only Summer League. Remember how well Brooks, Novak and John Lucas III? They lit it up in Summer league and could barely get on the floor during the regular season. It would take quite a bit to supplant Battier from the starting line up.

Yea but neither scored 40 and its harder for a point guard in the nba to develop because they have to make sure everyone is in their right spot on offense. Donte has a better chance to develop because he's a three and he's also taller at 6'9 and can shoot over other players. Think about it. Im not saying he should start though but that he can contribute faster than John Lucas III and AB did.

nickymintz
07-30-2008, 02:46 AM
Are we still making a minor trade even though we made that trade for Ron Ron?

Rhyming Rebel
07-30-2008, 02:53 AM
I think we should look to ship out Luther Head and Hayes