PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Vs. Suns-14 July

connorg3
07-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone else watching this game? Donte Green is playing sick! Haven't seen Dorsey, but suprised by Leunen a bit. Better then i thought he'd be. Brooks is passing well, but players aren't ready for most of them. Harris is having a decent game, but they're killing us with 3 pt shots.

connorg3
07-14-2008, 09:57 PM
They're also out rebounding us, especially on the off. boards. They're alot bigger then us, but Lopez is getting pwned.

mightybosstone
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Greene is absolutely going off tonight! I no longer think he is going to take a year or two to develop. I know its just one summer league game, but I think he could seriously see some playing time in the regular season if he keeps this up.

Rockets Fanatic
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
36 points through 3 quarters for Donte!!!!

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Brooks was passing alot in the early part of the game, but at the end of the 3rd to now seems like he's trying to take over the game, hehe.

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:06 PM
36 points through 3 quarters for Donte!!!!

Don't forget, just one personal foul on him too. Not easy to do in these summer games.

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Damn, Mike Harris just hit a nice 3. :clap:

Rox07
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Damn 36 pts!! I never expected him to play that well, I can't wait to see him in reg. season.

mightybosstone
07-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Wow.... Leunen and Harris played really good names, but Donte Green is an absolute FREAK OF NATURE!!!! I'm really excited about this kid after that game... and talk about clutch free throws at the end of the game. With a one point lead, he drilled 2 free throws to put them up by 3 with seconds left on the clock.

SC1211
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Greeeeeeeat game! Rockets pull out a last second victory, Greene drops 40, Harris 21 and 13, and Luenen adds 16. Couldn't ask for a better debut.

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Ended with 40 points. Rockets win 100-97. Green and Brooks were great. Harris was solid and Leunen was very surprising. Good basketball!:clap:

stevefrancis
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
dam that was a good game. more exciting then most of the finals games. woulda liked to see dorsey but greene is crazy hopefully he can put up these numbers in the season. that play with russell robinson and that leunen guy was nice.

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:39 PM
dam that was a good game. more exciting then most of the finals games. woulda liked to see dorsey but greene is crazy hopefully he can put up these numbers in the season. that play with russell robinson and that leunen guy was nice.

I was just about to comment on him as well. He played pretty good from outta nowhere. He seemed really solid and passed well. Did less of the risky passes that Brooks likes to throw out.

bball1217
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Both the rookies were impressive...brooks looked good as well...harris played like he was 7 feet tall, 21 and 13...and Greene was amazing...great game!!!
Does anyone know why Dorsey didn't play, injury maybe? or did coach just not play him tonight??

SC1211
07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't think Dorsey has been signed yet.

bball1217
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't think Dorsey has been signed yet.
Ok, good, I thought he was injured, hopefully we will get him signed

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah, i wanna see the Ray Lewis express, hehe.

Rhyming Rebel
07-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I told yall Greene is a star in the making. I know it is only the summer league ,but he has all the tools to take over the SF spot. He outshined every1

connorg3
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I told yall Greene is a star in the making. I know it is only the summer league ,but he has all the tools to take over the SF spot. He outshined every1

I'm not big on over hyping a player, but i agree in this game. He looked like an All-star in this game compared to everyone else. I think the only reason he didn't score more was because he didn't get the ball as much at the end. Obviously it will be different when teams prepare for your team more. They never tried to double team. The defenses were very basic in comparison to the real deal, but the kid had a killer instinct. He never dribbled the ball much at all in one spot. He either pulled up and nailed a 3 or drove to the basket the minute the ball hit his hand. Hopefully, he can get his passing and defense a little tighter. If he's able to move the ball better and defend he'll be a great player. I'm happy.:)

Rhyming Rebel
07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm not big on over hyping a player, but i agree in this game. He looked like an All-star in this game compared to everyone else. I think the only reason he didn't score more was because he didn't get the ball as much at the end. Obviously it will be different when teams prepare for your team more. They never tried to double team. The defenses were very basic in comparison to the real deal, but the kid had a killer instinct. He never dribbled the ball much at all in one spot. He either pulled up and nailed a 3 or drove to the basket the minute the ball hit his hand. Hopefully, he can get his passing and defense a little tighter. If he's able to move the ball better and defend he'll be a great player. I'm happy.:)

We got a steal had he stayed in college he would have been a top 5 pick next year.

Rhyming Rebel
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Leunen looks better than advertised I think he doesn't shoot as well as Novak, but overall he is much better than Steve is.