PDA

View Full Version : Artest says he doesn't want to play for the Nuggets

DenButsu
07-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Ron Artest doesn't want to play for Nuggets

By Chris Tomasson

With trade rumors swirling around Artest, I sent him an e-mail Sunday asking if would have interest in being dealt to the Nuggets. He wasted no time in giving a definitive no.

"I cannot play in Denver because they question my drive to finish my career off strong and not embarrass my family,'' Artest wrote Sunday night. "Any player wants to win a championship is low risk.''

So what's that all about? I can't remember anybody on the Nuggets criticizing Artest.

So Artest was sent another e-mail on Monday asking who on the Nuggets might have spoken ill of him. The e-mail also asked if his thinking means he won't consider Denver when he becomes a free agent next summer.

Artest's answer wasn't specific. But he's definitely down on playing for the Nuggets.

"That's not even an option to be a Nugget,'' he wrote. "They let me know how they felt about me already.''rockymountainnews (http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets/archives/2008/07/ron_artest_does.html)

Iodine
07-14-2008, 09:52 PM
It's been 10 minutes since this has been posted he's changed his mind

SportM21
07-14-2008, 09:59 PM
whats he said now

DenButsu
07-14-2008, 10:01 PM
I wanna e-mail Ron Artest and tell him I'm a lifelong Nuggets fan who was very hurt and shocked to read his words.

Anyone have his addy?

avsman05
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
It's been 10 minutes since this has been posted he's changed his mind

is this a crack at him or are you being serious. He's a shut down defender and i wanna know who on the nugs told him to bug off if it was warkenstein i will shoo him

DenButsu
07-15-2008, 12:14 AM
is this a crack at him or are you being serious.

Could be both.

avsman05
07-15-2008, 12:26 AM
arggggghhhhhh so confused. i cant find either way.... hey 800 post cool beans.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
We trade our draft pick
We lose najera
Still without a PG
No trades...
Artest wont play for Denver
Whats next?

Crunchy12489
07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey Ron, **** YOU

Iodine
07-15-2008, 01:26 AM
Could be both.

:nod:

Kyben36
07-15-2008, 01:32 AM
NO offense to you guys but why would you want Artest. You already have Carmelo and you have Iverson, You have Nene if he is not injured and you have Camby. what you need is a point guard. Hinrich is out there, just make a descent offer.

avsman05
07-15-2008, 02:30 AM
NO offense to you guys but why would you want Artest. You already have Carmelo and you have Iverson, You have Nene if he is not injured and you have Camby. what you need is a point guard. Hinrich is out there, just make a descent offer.

ive been saying this ever since May when they lost. Camby for Hinrich maybe throw in one of our future 1st. The reason for getting Artest is the fact that he is a shut down defender. He would be able to guard the perimeter and let Nene/Kmart down low and if we still have Camby he can do weak side. But check out this lineup:

Hinrich/Atkins/Carter
Ai/JR
Melo/Kleiza
Kmart/Nene
Nene/Hunter

This is what most of us nuggets fans have been hoping for for a long while. I mean you guys want it to happen and we do. But do our FO's?

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
we might need a backup PF.. not everyone we get has to be a star, we need more role players which is what pretty much our whole bench is so thats good, i think nene is the best candidate to start C because thats what he is and he knows how to dunk unlike camby

Crunchy12489
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
we might need a backup PF.. not everyone we get has to be a star, we need more role players which is what pretty much our whole bench is so thats good, i think nene is the best candidate to start C because thats what he is and he knows how to dunk unlike camby

Whoah.

Don't throw shots at my boy Cambs like that.

The man can dunk. Really powerful. It's just he's never set up to do so... If you checked him back with Andre Miller he was yamming on alot of people.

He's too soft now... Missing layups instead of doing monstrous dunks... I know I've said this about 20 times on these forums, but have you seen what he did to Doug Christie??? Ohhhhhh myyyyyy.

But yeah, Nene is a much better candidate at getting to the basket with his power and size... I've seen him dunk on plenty of people... Dalembert got owned lol

C-Dub
07-15-2008, 09:34 PM
The man can dunk. Really powerful. It's just he's never set up to do so... If you checked him back with Andre Miller he was yamming on alot of people.

He's too soft now... Missing layups instead of doing monstrous dunks... I know I've said this about 20 times on these forums, but have you seen what he did to Doug Christie???

Haha, ya I know he can but he never does anymore. I like Camby a lot and I didnt want to get rid of him at first but now I see that it would prolly be good to because thats pretty much what the Nugs are missing on offense is dunking and low post scoring and he dont do that no more. Soooo, trade him for a piece we do need and start nene and hope he dont get hurt, lol. now camby will see this and never accept me on myspace haha!

IndiansFan337
07-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Well, now Artest will want nothing to do with this team.

He only wants to play for dedicated contenders.

denversgm
07-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, now Artest will want nothing to do with this team.

He only wants to play for dedicated contenders.

he didnt want nothing to do with us before the trade.

After thinking about it im glad artest doesn't want to come. He is a cancer to everyteam he played for. That and he is insane.

C-Dub
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
but hes a good player and fits exactly what we need

denversgm
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM
but hes a good player and fits exactly what we need

thats what the Kings and Pacers thought also

Crunchy12489
07-16-2008, 03:48 PM
thats what the Kings and Pacers thought also

LOL THAT'S WHAT IM SAYIN!

He's like Marbury.