PDA

View Full Version : Old Article: Biedrins Breaks down Yao and Dwight

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=319970

Who's the better rebounder?
Biedrins: "Dwight, because he tries to get every single rebound. Sometimes with Yao, if you take him out away from the basket a little and block him out, he will settle and just go back on defense. Dwight makes an effort every time."

Who is tougher to defend?
Biedrins: "Yao is a little harder for me to guard because he has more stuff to prepare for. Both can use either hand close in, but Yao has the outside game to go with the moves down low."

Who's stronger?
Biedrins' take: "It's harder to move Yao out once he gets position because he's a really heavy guy. Dwight's stronger, though. When he goes for a rebound, he's hard to keep away."

Who's quicker?
Biedrins: "Dwight is really, really quick. This isn't close."

Who is better at blocking your shot?
Biedrins: "Dwight. He can get to more places."

Who's shot is easier for you to block?
Biedrins: "It's easier to block Dwight. You can read his moves a little better sometimes. When Yao shoots that turnaround, there's no use in even trying to block it. You're not going to get it."

Who's meaner?
Biedrins: "That's a good one. Both are so laid back but Dwight is becoming more emotional. You see him becoming a leader, talking more to his teammates when he is on the floor."

So who would you rather face?
Biedrins: "Eddy Curry."

it's interesting that Dwight is easier to block than Yao and Yao is tougher to defend. It's obvious though that Biedrins thinks that Dwight > Yao on the defensive end, but not so on the offensive end.

Catfish1314
07-14-2008, 05:47 PM

:laugh:

Ragun
07-14-2008, 05:50 PM
good find. I prefer Yao over Dwight.

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 05:51 PM
good find. I prefer Yao over Dwight.
Actually another rocket fan on another forum found it, quite interesting actually. :cool:

HouRealCoach
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
They didnt ask who has better free throw shooting, passing, posting up, jumpshooting....Yao has all of those

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
They didnt ask who has better free throw shooting, passing, posting up, jumpshooting....Yao has all of those
He asked some simple offensive questions that he said yao was better at.

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
:silly:
:laugh:

Iodine
07-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Add this to the ammount of threads you have devoted to YAO PWNS

Ramon Nivar
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM

You'd have to ask his teammates about his passing, the shooting is obvious, why would Biedrins talk about free throw shooting?

It wasn't meant to say which is better at all aspects of the game. It was a simpler who is better at this, mostly when it is a one on one situation.

Anyway, I laughed at the Eddy Curry part.

ManRam
07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Add this to the ammount of threads you have devoted to YAO PWNS

I've counted. Between the Yao PWNS and Dwight suxxerz threads, he's at 17 now.

Iodine
07-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I've counted. Between the Yao PWNS and Dwight suxxerz threads, he's at 17 now.

Did you factor in the old accounts?

Driven
07-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I wish there was a reason for me to care about this thread. But alas, there isn't. Honestly, it's sad for me to say, but the Rockets fans on this site are not good, lol. I think they're young though, and that's why. There are some smart Rockets fans here, but they generally do not post that much. I know I hardly post in the Rockets forum.

ManRam
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Did you factor in the old accounts?

No, but I tried to count, and lost track after 70...

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Haha Eddy Curry. Good insight by Biedrins though.

Iodine
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
No, but I tried to count, and lost track after 70...
srsly its really pathetic

fairandbalanced
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Rotflmbao:laugh::laugh: "Eddy Curry"

kv9588
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
They also didn't ask him who gets injured more. Dwight is way better than Yao....and he dunks like a champ.

stevefrancis
07-14-2008, 06:52 PM
they also didnt ask him whats harder to play in the west or east. 50 wins in the east is like 30 wins in the west.

Driven
07-14-2008, 06:54 PM
They also didn't ask him who's blacker. Dwight wins that one.

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 06:56 PM
They also didn't ask who owns each other head to head.

T-Mac_Attack
07-14-2008, 08:25 PM
IMO Dwight gets too much credit since he's been so hyped from that whack *** superman dunk at all-stars 2008...

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
IMO Dwight gets too much credit since he's been so hyped from that whack *** superman dunk at all-stars 2008...
I agree he's overrated because he's a flashy player, that's why guys like Duncan and Yao don't get enough credit

mcnasty54
07-14-2008, 08:49 PM
lol at Curry

Rox07
07-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Both yao and dwight are badass and neither are really overrated.

Yao is more skilled.

Dwight is more athletic.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM

LOL, Never let the truth get in the way of a post.

Problem is Bierdrins never actually said that. It was made up.

I made that last answer up. Biedrins was too diplomatic to choose one over the other.

I knew it didnt sound right because Curry has bullied Bierdrins around in more than 1 game to the point where Nelson had to keep him on the bench to prevent him from fouling out in like 15 minutes.

DQL
07-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Of course it's harder to block Yao. When a 7-6 guy makes a jumpshot you know you can't do anything. If Dwight were 7-6 like Yao, he would be the greatest center in history

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Of course it's harder to block Yao. When a 7-6 guy makes a jumpshot you know you can't do anything. If Dwight were 7-6 like Yao, he would be the greatest center in history
such an ignorant post, even Dwight said he wondered if he would still be the same if he was 7'6.

lakersrock
07-14-2008, 11:17 PM
That part about blocking the turnaround jumper is beyond true. That said, I about wet myself when he said Eddy Curry. :D

Vidball
07-14-2008, 11:19 PM

They didn't ask who was better at getting to the hole, who is better on the roll, who has more upside, who is more likely to play all 82 games, who can lead his team out of the first round....Dwight has all of those :D

All these Rockets threads are getting ridiculous...get into the second round of the playoffs before you start beating your chests

SC1211
07-15-2008, 12:28 AM
I apologize for all the ignorant and immature Rockets fans posting recently.

That said, I do think Yao is the best Center in the game right now, though Dwight has the potential to take that mantle. Yao is Godly on the offensive end, and above average defensively, whereas Dwight is average offensively, but a beast defensively and on the boards. If he can get some post moves, he'll be unstoppable. If only he had a jump shot

lavis
07-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Haha Eddy Curry. Good insight by Biedrins though.

Yeah, exactly. Smart guy.

Crunchy12489
07-15-2008, 01:00 AM
LOL damn, apparently he broke down Eddy!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-15-2008, 01:04 AM
That part about blocking the turnaround jumper is beyond true. That said, I about wet myself when he said Eddy Curry. :D

I cant believe how gullible so many people are.

BIERDRINS NEVER SAID IT.

It was made up!

LOL did anyone even bother to click the link? :D

infamous
07-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Lol - eddy curry!

goku
07-15-2008, 03:21 AM
lol eddie curry

Aliengames
07-15-2008, 03:25 AM
On a side note, I'm fairly impressed with how articulate and thoughtful he sounded. When he came into the league a few years ago, he spoke ten or eleven words of English, tops.

ManRam
07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
When I got passed the fact that Rafer AKA TmacYao2 made another post on the same topic...it actually is a solid breakdown. I think I agree with every point he makes.

Who's the better rebounder?
Biedrins: "Dwight, because he tries to get every single rebound. Sometimes with Yao, if you take him out away from the basket a little and block him out, he will settle and just go back on defense. Dwight makes an effort every time.

Can't argue this. Dwight is an animal on the boards.

Who is tougher to defend?
Biedrins: "Yao is a little harder for me to guard because he has more stuff to prepare for. Both can use either hand close in, but Yao has the outside game to go with the moves down low."

Can't argue this. Dwight has no outside game and his low post offense is usually pretty predictable. Dwight's power is what makes him hard to defend. When he develops more low post moves (including learning how to do this thing called pass), and maybe some range, he'll be a beast.

Who's stronger?
Biedrins' take: "It's harder to move Yao out once he gets position because he's a really heavy guy. Dwight's stronger, though. When he goes for a rebound, he's hard to keep away."

Duh.

Who's quicker?
Biedrins: "Dwight is really, really quick. This isn't close."

Duh X2.

Who is better at blocking your shot?
Biedrins: "Dwight. He can get to more places."

Dwight's athleticism > Yao's size.

Who's shot is easier for you to block?
Biedrins: "It's easier to block Dwight. You can read his moves a little better sometimes. When Yao shoots that turnaround, there's no use in even trying to block it. You're not going to get it."

Uh huh. Yao is 7-6, and takes more jump shots. Dwight gets the ball in the low post, and you know he's going to try and get to the hoop. He wont ever pass it, which leads to a lot of turnovers, and some blocked shots. He is more predictable.

Who's meaner?
Biedrins: "That's a good one. Both are so laid back but Dwight is becoming more emotional. You see him becoming a leader, talking more to his teammates when he is on the floor."

Agreed, again. Dwight isn't a mean guy, and has little ego, but Yao is a little puppy dog.

The man speaks the truth.

Good find. He confirmed what most of us know: both have their strengths and weaknesses, and both play very different styles of basketball.

TmacYao2
07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I apologize for all the ignorant and immature Rockets fans posting recently.

That said, I do think Yao is the best Center in the game right now, though Dwight has the potential to take that mantle. Yao is Godly on the offensive end, and above average defensively, whereas Dwight is average offensively, but a beast defensively and on the boards. If he can get some post moves, he'll be unstoppable. If only he had a jump shot
QFT
and
QOTD
(Quote Of the Day)

Driven
07-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Shane Battier a Point-Forward? (http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245930)

dre1990
07-15-2008, 03:22 PM
nice article, but i'd take Dwight any day

Joshtd1
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Lol, Eddy Curry.