PDA

View Full Version : should the warriors go after memphis pg's

butta81
07-14-2008, 05:02 PM
:smoking: if the warriors go after memphis pg's. should the warriors also persue warrick. he played desent for memphis last yr, plus he would fit perfect in our offense.

GWarrior
07-14-2008, 05:36 PM
i saw last night the menphis/lakers game. Conley should be our target.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 06:00 PM
i saw last night the menphis/lakers game. Conley should be our target.

Wow, I thought Conley looked like crap. He made some terrible turnovers and displayed some horrible decision making.

GLobo
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I think Conley would be great but Crittereon or Lowry would also be solid additions

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Depends what we have to give up? It this point it's picks, but I would rather hold onto our picks becaue there's a good chance that they're going to be lotto picks.

Jimmy3702
07-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Conley is the best out of the group

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Conley is the best out of the group

That's up for debate. He's definitely the smallest, yet it's debatable as to whether he's the best athlete.

It's going to be Lowry's 3rd year and Conley and Crittenton's 2nd year. All of these guys are young, but I've seen no glimpses of stardom from any of these guys except Crittenton.

If the Dubs coaching staff doesn't see any of these guys developing into nothing more than an average at best PG/back-up PG, I'd rather sign Arroyo for 4 years $10-$11 million or a 3 year $8 million dollar contract. Crittenton has 4 years left with $8.4 million while Conley is expensive with 4 years $19 million although being rookie contracts, they are laden with Team options.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

The more I look at it, I don't think Memphis would want to get rid of their big PG in Crittenton and are looking to shop Lowry or Conley.

chunj22
07-14-2008, 08:15 PM
I hope they can get Lowry for a 1st round pick. I'd even think it would benefit us to do a Lowry/Warrick deal for Harrington and a 1st rounder...thoughts?

mavwar53
07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
crittenton has a better 3pt shot than either, he is a bigger player, and rebounder and with more playing time he could probably be a better passer than either, definetly better than lowry. Lowry only likes to score. And as for warrick we don't need him we have wright and randolph why pick up another foward that weighs under 230 and if we get turiaf warrick would be a waste of money.

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I hope they can get Lowry for a 1st round pick. I'd even think it would benefit us to do a Lowry/Warrick deal for Harrington and a 1st rounder...thoughts?

I would say the 75% of all trade scenarios on here don't work with the salary rules.

This trade wouldn't even work because Harrington makes too much money.

I've said it before, if you propose a trade make sure it's even a possibility.

Use the tradechecker on ****** or espn trademachine for any trade proposals before you post them.

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
conely is defintly gonna be the best but we have no shot at getting him

DbOyZ_ILiVe4DIs
07-15-2008, 12:22 AM
But if we get Conely wouldn't you want him to be starting. That would make the Maggette signing a waste

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 12:39 AM
But if we get Conely wouldn't you want him to be starting. That would make the Maggette signing a waste

Not necessarily, but what we'd have to give up to attain Conley, people may expect him to start. That is why, I would love for us to just sign a solid veteran PG and let Monta see what he can do as the starting PG.

If Monta falters at the PG position I would rather have a prove PG rather than another young unproven PG such as Conley, Crittenton or Lowry. (And please don't mention Sebastian Telfair).

Carlos Arroyo is the best UFA Point guard out there. He's also only 29 years old, so he's still relatively young.

Conor
07-15-2008, 12:51 AM
I would say the 75% of all trade scenarios on here don't work with the salary rules.

This trade wouldn't even work because Harrington makes too much money.

I've said it before, if you propose a trade make sure it's even a possibility.

Don't forget that Memphis has cap space, so it would work after all.

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 12:56 AM
my heart really wants livingston

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't forget that Memphis has cap space, so it would work after all.

Connor,
I'm eating my worsds Memphis is under the cap, so they can take back around $14 million in cap space. They have a payroll of about $44 million.

Still I doubt Memphis wants to trade Warrick for Harrington. Harrick is their only Powerforward.

This bodes well for our future cap. Maggette, Monta, and Biedrins will be our only big contracts in 2010, when Harrington and Jackson comes off the books. We're coming up!!!

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't know if they'd be interested in getting Al, but this trade actually looks pretty good.

If they want us to take back back salary, we can take the expiring contract of Antoine Walker and perhaps Lowry.

I stand corrected.

Memphis and the Clippers are the only teams under the cap assuming all the other teams reisgn their RFA's, okafor, gordon, AI, Smith, etc, etc.

I see only Memphis and the Cavs as teams that would be interested. Don't think we can get much for Al, perhpas a 2nd rounder. Not sure if he's wants to be traded either. I think he's definitely a trading deadline candidate, if he's still on our team at the time.

djeller1139
07-15-2008, 03:24 AM
If we can trade Harrington for Lowry or a PG, then we can use the extra cap space (about 17 million) to sign Emeka Okafor who seems like a stronger player, just looking at his rebounding numbers he averaged 11, while Warrick didn't even average 5 rpg..

Lincoln Logs
07-15-2008, 03:31 AM
DJ, assuming we sign turiaf, were only going to be able to offer Omeka 13 mil, which as I explained in another thread won't work. And even if you did give Omeka 17 mil and we just dump turiaf, b/c doesnt seem like Lakers will sign, then we have no money to sign 2-3 more players to round out the roster.

djeller1139
07-15-2008, 04:26 AM
DJ, assuming we sign turiaf, were only going to be able to offer Omeka 13 mil, which as I explained in another thread won't work. And even if you did give Omeka 17 mil and we just dump turiaf, b/c doesnt seem like Lakers will sign, then we have no money to sign 2-3 more players to round out the roster.

I think having Okafor would be more important than getting backups. We can take a few guys from the D-league, and use players from last year. I understand a bench is important, but having Okafor is more important to me than anything. We could also dump another contract, such as Perovic or someone else. Also we could do a sign and trade with the Bobcats saving us some more money. We need someone else to seriously compete, and having big man is a big need in the west. Who knows, maybe Okafor would take a smaller contract to play for a competitor. (dreaming)

GWarrior
07-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Orlando may be giving up on re-signing Dooling and trying to get Crittenton.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080715/SPORTS/807150321/1002/SPORTS

TrueFan23
07-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Just stand pat, and have monta play the point, he will learn i'ts not like the warriors are going to win he west next year, so why not let your young team develop.

PG-Monta Ellis/ CJ Watson
SG-Corey Maggette/ Marco Belinelli
SF-Stephen Jackson/ Kelenna Azubuike
PF-Al Harrington/ Ronny Turiaf/ Branden Wright
C-Andris Biedrins/ Anthony Randolph

The warriors have a bunch of really good players, and some that just need a chance and some playing time.

Anthony Randolph can be your future center if he bulks up, the same can be said for Branden Wright at the PF position. Kelenna is ridicules, he can score the ball at will. Marco can flat out shoot the heck out of the ball. Andres is fairly young, and so is Monta.

even your bench seems good only on potential alone.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
my heart really wants livingston

I also think the dubs should sign livingston to a minimum contract. what do we have to lose? if he plays like crap then cut him...

I like either one of Memphis's pgs though...

mavwar53
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
the only problem with Livingston is injuries, and I know you know that but if thet is all we get we could very easily be in the same situation last year when we didn't have a back up point once hudson went down and we don't need monta playin 45 min/G. That is why I say go after crittenton and also because it would allow monta to stay in the game while crittenton plays point we don't give up much size. What is a fair trade for crittenton is the problem I have, I don't want to give up a possible lottery pick but also know a second rounder will most likely not do it either. And trading Al would be tough he can play SF to C and shoot the three, few guys can do that that is why he is an asset besides his very poor play at times mostly his shooting.

JLantern
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Just stand pat, and have monta play the point, he will learn i'ts not like the warriors are going to win he west next year, so why not let your young team develop.

PG-Monta Ellis/ CJ Watson
SG-Corey Maggette/ Marco Belinelli
SF-Stephen Jackson/ Kelenna Azubuike
PF-Al Harrington/ Ronny Turiaf/ Branden Wright
C-Andris Biedrins/ Anthony Randolph

The warriors have a bunch of really good players, and some that just need a chance and some playing time.

Anthony Randolph can be your future center if he bulks up, the same can be said for Branden Wright at the PF position. Kelenna is ridicules, he can score the ball at will. Marco can flat out shoot the heck out of the ball. Andres is fairly young, and so is Monta.

even your bench seems good only on potential alone.

Are you serious??

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
DJ,
I don't think Emeka is available, and we don't have anybody to trade for him, unless we want to give up Brandan Wright or Randolph, and I would rather have Wright and Turiaf than injury prone Okaofr

MavWar,
If we get Livingston, to me he's a future project not contributing in 2008-2009. His injury will take 2-3 years to recover from. In Feb 2009, it will be 2 years. I wouldn't play him in the D-League until 2009. We'd still need a back-up PG, and in this case I would rather get a veteran than another unproven youngster at PG from the Grizz.