PDA

View Full Version : Iggy should stay!

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Will eveyone please shut the fornicate up about trading IGGY. HE WILL BE BACK, AND HE NEEDS TO BE BACK! The Sixers will be perfectly fine with the team we have (maybe add a shooter). CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THE TRADE IGGY AND WHAT IF THREADS!

yboord028
07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I like you, Using the word fornicate just made my day.

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 04:42 PM
i agree, but there are too many threads about iggy in general. this is annoying.

Westbrook36
07-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I agree with Hydro

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I 100% AGREE WITH HYDRO, AND YOU WESTBROOK, I just made this thread so people could feel my anger LMAO! Im tired of seeing all this Iggy stuff, I love the kid, he'll be back, he deserves to be back, and we need to get off this Iggy this and Iggy that bull****!

Iodine
07-14-2008, 05:06 PM
No we need to trade iggy cause I did that in 2k8 for kobe and Bynum and then our team went 81-1 and fo-fo-fo-fo

Shieldsz
07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
This thread title is really misleading.

I normally would close this but...whatever..

Mrphilly
07-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I 100% AGREE WITH HYDRO, AND YOU WESTBROOK, I just made this thread so people could feel my anger LMAO! Im tired of seeing all this Iggy stuff, I love the kid, he'll be back, he deserves to be back, and we need to get off this Iggy this and Iggy that bull****!

This is silly, players get traded and leave through FA all the time. Just because you are in love with Iggy, doesnt mean he will be here next year. Im sorry, but your man crush on Iggy means nothing, He's outta here buddy!!!!!

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Real cute (serious face) im not the only one who wants Iggy here, and yea i know people get traded and leave every year but that dosen't mean you trade or let one of your best players go because his shot hasn't fully developed yet, he does so much for this team and lacks elite ability in one thin and were ready to trade him, ayo Mrphilly how bout you go kick rocks, or take a nap or something!

philsphan28
07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
this has probably already been posted in one of the many threads about iggy, but I just wanted to make sure everyone got to see this article.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20080714_Clippers_could_be_making_an_offer_to_Iguo dala.html

It talks about the interest that the Clippers might have in iggy. It doesn't really tell us anything new, but with all the guessing and opinions that are being brought up about iggy, I thought it would be nice if we actually had a real article to use.

bvm27
07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Iggy anit going no where and that the bottom line so get used to it

DaddyCool
07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Eh, I'm pretty sure Iggy wants to back now with Brand. The guy I'm worried about is Lou, I think he'll have a lot of interest from some teams, he might want to leave if there is a starting spot for him.

Mrphilly
07-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Real cute (serious face) im not the only one who wants Iggy here, and yea i know people get traded and leave every year but that dosen't mean you trade or let one of your best players go because his shot hasn't fully developed yet, he does so much for this team and lacks elite ability in one thin and were ready to trade him, ayo Mrphilly how bout you go kick rocks, or take a nap or something!

NO!!! Im not kicking any rocks nor am I tired. If you think Iggy is a jump shot away from being an elite player, you are sadly mistaken. You can be dominant and not have a good jump shot. I dont want Iggy to leave for nothing, how would that help us, But If he can be traded for a piece that would put us over the top, Im all for it. Iggy staying is not a bad thing, but losing him isnt either if we got something good back!

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't think shopping him around is the answer, and yea I do think iggy is a jumpshot away from being an elite player, if im not mistaken he averaged 18-19 points with that so called horrible jump shot, think about how much he'll average when he improves it! he proved he is more than just a dunker, i believe in trading for the better of the team too but Iggy is fine where he's at, we don't need to trade him

Mrphilly
07-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Just because he can dunk doesnt make him a "dunker"!!! Another problem Iggy has is that he doesnt get to the basket enough. He has one of the better handles as a 2 guard, but doesnt use it to get to the rim. So its not just the jump shot.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I said that because people use to knock him and say all he could do is dunk, and i was sayin he proved himself to be more than just a dunker, and my main point in all this is Iggy is great young player that has a few flaws but has proven to show improvement every year, and now that he's not the number one option he's going to be even better, so tradig him is not the answer!

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 08:51 PM
NO!!! Im not kicking any rocks nor am I tired. If you think Iggy is a jump shot away from being an elite player, you are sadly mistaken. You can be dominant and not have a good jump shot. I dont want Iggy to leave for nothing, how would that help us, But If he can be traded for a piece that would put us over the top, Im all for it. Iggy staying is not a bad thing, but losing him isnt either if we got something good back!

Mr. Philly these guys dont want to win a championship. It's not point in even talking with these guys, they are drinking the Iggy kool-aid. Good Player Yes, would I be sad to see him go, yeah, but Im all for what makes us better.

Al Jefferson is on the same Level as Iggy, Im sure it was hard for Boston to lose him but they got better. They would rather sit in 4th place get knocked out in the second round and say maybe next yera.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 08:56 PM
FIRST OF ALL, lol im not even going to comment Jeff BOY, cause i dont' feel like having a war of words but you extremely wrong i want to see us win just as much as everyone, all i have been sayin is we need to keep Iggy, WHAT OFFER HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THAT MAKES US A BETTER CONTENDER TO PART WITH IGGY? IM CONFUSED?

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:00 PM
Mr. Philly these guys dont want to win a championship. It's not point in even talking with these guys, they are drinking the Iggy kool-aid. Good Player Yes, would I be sad to see him go, yeah, but Im all for what makes us better.

Al Jefferson is on the same Level as Iggy, Im sure it was hard for Boston to lose him but they got better. They would rather sit in 4th place get knocked out in the second round and say maybe next yera.

al jefferson for KG is very different than trading iggy for "a shooting guard to be named later"

horrible example.

wed all love to trade iggy for kobe (the KG of guards) but thats just ridiculous, and impossible.

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Thad Young for Jeff Green if he can play SG.

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:03 PM
al jefferson for KG is very different than trading iggy for "a shooting guard to be named later"

horrible example.

wed all love to trade iggy for kobe (the KG of guards) but thats just ridiculous, and impossible.

I think we have to explore those options, and if nothing is out there then we keep him.

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
what options?

brandon roy isnt available.

there are no options

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Thad Young for Jeff Green if he can play SG.

that makes the top 10 worst posts ive ever seen.

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Jeff Green will be better then Thad.

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:12 PM
first of all...no he wont.

second of all...based on what?

third of all....u obviously have never seen jeff green play if u think he can play the 2.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Hydro these guys don't know what there talking about, don't even entertain them, what reason is there to shop Iggy, just to do it, give me a reason why there is a dier need to get rid of him, i don't get it Jeff!

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Hydro these guys don't know what there talking about, don't even entertain them, what reason is there to shop Iggy, just to do it, give me a reason why there is a dier need to get rid of him, i don't get it Jeff!

Becuase he's not signed. I love Iggy but if he wants 13-14 million a year he get hit the highway. The Clippers might sign him to an offer sheet- it's a realistic option that he might go. Until he signs, all the speculation is warranted.

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
speculation...schmeculation

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok, now I get a little more where your comming from, i guess it wouldn't hurt to shop him around ONLY IF HE WANTS OUTRAGEOUS MONEY, I think like Brand though if he sets a number that he wants and Philly can meet that, I think he'll come to us for less like Brand did

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, now I get a little more where your comming from, i guess it wouldn't hurt to shop him around ONLY IF HE WANTS OUTRAGEOUS MONEY, I think like Brand though if he sets a number that he wants and Philly can meet that, I think he'll come to us for less like Brand did

Well see the problem in actually he probably is around a 10 million dollar player with a home team discount but he already turned it down and had a very good season.

Now the Clippers are pissed and might throw him a boat load of money just to get some fans in the seats. A Davis, Gordon, Iggy combo would be exciting.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah I feel you now, see before i thought you were just a Iggy hater like the rest of these fornications, but Ed and Brand sounded confident in saying he would be back, if we cant sign him, trade em, but I will go on record saying, IM PRO IGGY!

BChydro86
07-14-2008, 09:29 PM
the clippers arent going for iggy....they need a PF. okafor is their best option by far.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
They already have been reported to have more than intrest, last I herd they already contacted him and started talkin turkey, im with you but it's not going to get done as easy as people think

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Andre Iguodala is in Vegas watching summer league action at UNLV, so naturally we chatted with him about his plans for next season. He admitted he thought the Sixers could be very good with Brand in the mix, but stopped well short of committing his own future to Philadelphia.

AirJordanXVIII
07-14-2008, 09:37 PM
The Clips will be going after Iggy just to get some revenge.....

Iggy can play SG for them til Eric Gordon is good enough, then switch to SF and Thornton can go to PF.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah i saw that on TV......this is getting sticky!

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:39 PM
I dont think Thorton can play the PF position but I still think the Clips make a run at him.

AirJordanXVIII
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
We're matching Iggy. Iggy is just trying to get some more money from us by signing a offer sheet with the Clips. If we let Iggy go, that defeats the whole purpose of getting Elton.

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 09:42 PM
We're matching Iggy. Iggy is just trying to get some more money from us by signing a offer sheet with the Clips. If we let Iggy go, that defeats the whole purpose of getting Elton.

Not saying we would let him go but people act like there is no chance of us sign and trading him.

I Am Beast 19
07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
we need to just sign him