PDA

View Full Version : Lue Bypasses Heat...Big Trade Coming?

daleja424
07-14-2008, 03:00 PM
MIAMI - The courtship of Tyronn Lue proved fleeting for the Heat, with the free-agent point guard bypassing a scheduled physical with the team.

Lue, who had been scheduled for the 5:30 a.m. physical today to answer questions about a calf problem that limited him last season, backed out of the plans shortly after attending the Zo's Summer Groove charity game Sunday.

Heat General Manager Randy Pfund said the Heat had no plans to issue an offer to Lue, 31, and indicated the team would wait until later in the offseason to possibly utilize its $1.9 million lower-level exception, its lone remaining salary-cap chip.

"We're kind of in a wait mode," Pfund said.

At today's formal introduction of free-agent forward James Jones, whose signing ate up most of the team's offseason salary-cap exception space, Pfund said the Heat now would "watch what happens here for a little while" before making another personnel move.

Lue said Sunday he had narrowed his free-agent choice to the Heat, Boston Celtics and Phoenix Suns. At the time, Lue said the decision would be difficult because of his friendship with Boston's Kevin Garnett and Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal, his former Los Angeles Lakers championship teammate.

Lue had previously been seen as leaning toward the Suns.

The 6-foot guard split last season between the Hawks, Kings and Mavericks, although the calf injury kept him from suiting up for Sacramento. The 10-year veteran has also played for the Wizards, Magic and Rockets.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-0714miamiheat,0,1917039.story

This sounds to me like the Heat are still trying to make a big move and don't want to sign anyone else until they see what happens???

A day after saying he expected an offer from the Heat pending a physical, free agent Tyronn Lue decided against going through with that physical exam Monday, and the Heat now is looking elsewhere in its search for another point guard.

That search could take some time, though, Heat general manager Randy Pfund indicated Monday.

''We're kind of in a wait mode,'' he said. ``We'll watch what happens here for a little while. There's a lot out there that isn't totally in line with what we're thinking.''

Lue, bothered by a calf injury last season, said Sunday he would take a physical at 5 a.m. Monday, but he never showed up. He indicated he also was considering Boston and Phoenix. Pfund acknowledged there was interest, but the Heat never made an offer.

The Heat could sign a point guard with its $1.9 million bi-annual exception or trade for one to complement rookie Mario Chalmers and veteran Marcus Banks. Restricted free agent Chris Quinn, who has a qualifying offer from the Heat, continues to speak with other teams.
http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_sports/story/604637.html

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 03:14 PM
personally i still think they are trying to get ellis if that's the case and it makes sense since GS is one of the teams interested in Marion. what else would be in that deal is all speculation. telling you. i'd take a marion/banks for ellis/harrington..doubtful they'd throw biedrins in there with ellis but i'd obviously take that too. i wouldnt mind a first round draft pick either.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree with noturnormal

rick66ankiel24
07-14-2008, 04:06 PM
i dont really think lue would be an upgrade over chalmers

HeatBBall
07-14-2008, 04:13 PM
i dont really think lue would be an upgrade over chalmers

I'd have to agree with you on that one. Didn't seem like much of an upgrade over anyone to tell you the truth. So its no biggie to me if he signs or not.

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd have to agree with you on that one. Didn't seem like much of an upgrade over anyone to tell you the truth. So its no biggie to me if he signs or not.

I agree with both parties. Also Lue is not that good. Okay granted alot of teams try to add him midseason to better there team for the playoffs. BUT theres a reason why hes always avaliable and getting traded. Dude isnt good

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 05:17 PM
i would love ellis-chalmers as our pg rotation.marion for harrington and ellis.pg ellis/chalmers/banks sg wade/cook/jones, sf beasleywright/powell pf harrington/haslem/lasme c (mourning when he returns)blount/anthony

fins08
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I want Okafor more than Ellis because we ahve Mario. Anyway, LUE Would of been OK but it is fine we saved our veterans min.

ATX
07-14-2008, 05:39 PM
I never was excited about adding Lue, and it doesn't bother me one bit that he didn't sign with Miami. As for the trade speculations...It's getting out of control. The chance of Miami landing Ellis or Biedrins is about 2.5%. Do you really think the Warriors want Blount down low, or Banks running the point? Marion's value will more than likely be much higher towards the trade deadline when teams realize they might be one player away from making a legitimate title run....and therefor would be more willing to part with youth for a proven veteran. Kind of like how Dallas traded away 2 first round picks and Devin Harris for Jason Kidd. Besides, what if the Heat get out to a fast start with their revamped squad...maybe we would want to keep Marion...try and make a playoff run of our own.

maxima2k53
07-14-2008, 05:41 PM
i just hope we get a good trade coming soon

Jonathan2323
07-14-2008, 05:41 PM
i think Marion is staying Wade wants him. they will go after Marbury

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 06:06 PM
and how exactly are we going to go after marbury?and really,i like chalmers more than marbury.if we get ellis,then ok.but if not i would start chalmers ane keep shawn!

Jonathan2323
07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
New York will let Marbury go. at least those are the reports i have heard and i doubt that Golden State will trade Monte Ellis

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 06:19 PM
i think gs is considering marions ellis situation A LOT

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 06:35 PM
:up: Good news!!!

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=110~3196~2184~510&teams=14~13~13~13&te=&cash=

;)!!

daleja424
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
what a waste of 3 seconds of my life... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 06:43 PM
what a waste of 3 seconds of my life... :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:

sorry, but some of these other trades are just as ridiculos.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 06:45 PM
hah...very true...

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=110~3196~2184~510&teams=14~13~13~13&te=&cash=

;)!!

:laugh2: I needed that laugh

Mambo Kings
07-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow, even that little runt shuns the Heat.

LeBron, we'll be waiting for you, buddy!

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
well if the Knicks let go of marbury i've seen a few GS fans who would want him. so if the Warriors feel the same, then yeah. a trade for ellis might be possible then.

mavwar53
07-14-2008, 08:35 PM
i think gs is considering marions ellis situation A LOT

well if the Knicks let go of marbury i've seen a few GS fans who would want him. so if the Warriors feel the same, then yeah. a trade for ellis might be possible then.

You have to be kidding marion was only good because of the system, yes the warriors have the same system but why trade a 22 year old pg for a 31 year old sf which they have 3 SF that need to play right now anyways and why rent a guy for 1 year way over priced. Ellis can create on his own marion cant ellis is a great rebounder for his size and will be able to make plays now that he will control the ball.

daleja424
07-14-2008, 08:39 PM
You have to be kidding marion was only good because of the system, yes the warriors have the same system but why trade a 22 year old pg for a 31 year old sf which they have 3 SF that need to play right now anyways and why rent a guy for 1 year way over priced. Ellis can create on his own marion cant ellis is a great rebounder for his size and will be able to make plays now that he will control the ball.

Marion was putting up 20/10 wayyy before Da'ntoni brought the run and gun to phoenix... D'antoni came in in 03-04...after mairon had been in the league already 4 years and had already been an all-star... so whats your point exactly?

fins08
07-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I hope we get Mabury cuz he now has a number 3 tattoo on his face and if he comes here, he can't be 3 because of D-Wade.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-14-2008, 09:22 PM
I have to admit I was surprised by this. I expected to sign Lue today. I am becomingly more certain that the GS deal with Ellis is far fetched because there is nothing else they want to part with. If they were willing to trade Haslem and Cook or Haslem and Banks I'd say great but that would be unlikely. They are probably talking to a third team to cover Marion's contract but I am afraid we would end up with more garbage.

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Marbury perhaps?

king j.a.l.
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I don' t think Lue was going to come here to start if anything I think the Heat was bringing him here 2 b chalmers backup. u no a veteran 2 fall back on.

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 09:50 PM

;)!!

Lmao. Keep dreaming buddy.

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 09:54 PM
wow @ the kobe trade idea...jesus. just saw the link now..that's a horrible idea like the mavericks getting p.diddy to do their uniforms

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM

If anything nash thrived under the dantoni system not Marion. Marion was always good. I think this trade should go down

DQL
07-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Thanks God. Not signing Lue means my boi Chalmers will start :clap: :up:

HeatBBall
07-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks God. Not signing Lue means my boi Chalmers will start :clap: :up:

I sure hope Chalmers starts.

dubs9erA's
07-15-2008, 02:02 AM
hey guys i live in oakland and i just saw on the late local news that we just finalized a trade with the heat ....... monta ellis 4 d.wade.................lol
u guys are wasting ur time the warriors are NOT trading ellis

qbanheatfan
07-15-2008, 03:22 AM
There's no way after GS lost Baron Davis that they would trade Ellis their pg of the future for a 30 yr old forward when they have plenty of forwards. One team I could see Marion going to that many people aren't talking about is New Jersey. NJ is trying to free up space for 2010 when Lebron is a free agent so why not add Marion's expiring contract and maybe Blount and or banks in a 3 team deal for Sean Williams and Marcus Williams. Who the third team would b I dunno but I'm sure there is someone out there. in need of a veteran yet still young pg and a good backup C

mister freeze
07-15-2008, 04:22 AM
There's no way after GS lost Baron Davis that they would trade Ellis their pg of the future for a 30 yr old forward when they have plenty of forwards. One team I could see Marion going to that many people aren't talking about is New Jersey. NJ is trying to free up space for 2010 when Lebron is a free agent so why not add Marion's expiring contract and maybe Blount and or banks in a 3 team deal for Sean Williams and Marcus Williams. Who the third team would b I dunno but I'm sure there is someone out there. in need of a veteran yet still young pg and a good backup C

We've gone over this plenty of times and it doesn't require Marion to obtain both Williams...And as for a GS trade, a third team would need to be included which would give GS a PG...

greek miami hea
07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
if we dont get ellis i'd be very happy to see chalmers as a starter.hey!lets give super mario a nicname.THE STEAL

King Koopa
07-15-2008, 11:42 AM
No Riley is waiting to see what happens with Marbury..... And if nonething happens there, Riley knows he can always Start Mario and go with that and see what happens.

kntresistheheat
07-15-2008, 12:57 PM
My god!!!:mad:Forget about new jersey they are not even thinking about marion and they are not going to give up both williams!!!!!

kntresistheheat
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM
What a looser:rolleyes:Obiviously he has mention if he would get traded he will like to go to miami, and he is linked so much to us because we are looking for a pg and marion would fit your system and someone has mention in order to get ellis we would have to add a third team maybe chicago? (Kirk) to GS and you will have your pg and we would have our pg and not to mention you would have shawn marion??? So next time you want to come here and post your little insult's read and think before you do, because in a blink of an eye;) you might loose Ellis:smoking:and dont be mad because you lost baron and Elton said hell naw to you....lol

hey guys i live in oakland and i just saw on the late local news that we just finalized a trade with the heat ....... monta ellis 4 d.wade.................lol
u guys are wasting ur time the warriors are NOT trading ellis