PDA

View Full Version : Chris bosh wont be going anywhere hes staying with the raptors.

TorontoRaptors4
07-14-2008, 02:27 PM
chris is not going to be a miami heat he will be a raptors till the end of his career now that they have jermaine oneal now hes gonna stay with the raptors with jermaine oneal.

jetsfan28
07-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Awesome

TmacYao2
07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Tough Sell.

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Keep believing that. O'Neal is the oldest 29 year old in the game. He hasn't been healthy in 4 years and he's no longer a franchise altering talent. He'll be serviceable for another 2-3 years. Bosh will bolt Toronto for a bigger market. I'm not saying that market will be Miami, but he's out of there.

SHONIE
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
...I've said it before and I'll say it again. J.O. is a J.O.K.E.

ugottabjoshinme
07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
chris is not going to be a miami heat he will be a raptors till the end of his career now that they have jermaine oneal now hes gonna stay with the raptors with jermaine oneal.

Way to bring some solid facts into your argument

pebloemer
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
Way to bring some solid facts into your argument

Yah, also very out of the blue. At least reference the article that says the Heat are preparing for the summer of 2010 where free agents such as .... Bosh.... are going to be available.

I still give it 50/50. He has shown no indication of wanting to leave. If the Raptors stay competitive and consistently work to improve, I think he would be fine to stay. It is not like Bosh has a huge ego to feed by going to NY or a more marketable city. If the Raptors show no progress before 2010, then I wouldn't be surprised if he bolts. He won't leave for more marketability though, if he does it will be because he thinks he has better shot at a title somewhere else. There is too much time between now and then to guess though.

TDotzFinest
07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
You can say that about any NBA star, just look at whats going on now. $$$ is the key, Carter before he left Toronto had the whole canadian market and the us and overseas( #1 in all star voting) , leaving a small market to a larger market doesnt necessarily transalte to more popularity or exposure. I'm sure every NBA player would love to play with the Lakers,Miami...but i also think NBA players want to go to a team and win irregardless of market...hopefully Toronto will be a top tier team when 2010 comes and i would't be shocked if Chris resigns and Toronto adds 1 of the free agents available at that time... Time will tell....

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
You can say that about any NBA star, just look at whats going on now. $$$ is the key, Carter before he left Toronto had the whole canadian market and the us and overseas( #1 in all star voting) , leaving a small market to a larger market doesnt necessarily transalte to more popularity or exposure. I'm sure every NBA player would love to play with the Lakers,Miami...but i also think NBA players want to go to a team and win irregardless of market...hopefully Toronto will be a top tier team when 2010 comes and i would't be shocked if Chris resigns and Toronto adds 1 of the free agents available at that time... Time will tell....

You're right. Bosh doesn't seem like the kind of guy that needs to be in a big market, so there is really no telling. Only time will tell.

Mile High Champ
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Keep believing that. O'Neal is the oldest 29 year old in the game. He hasn't been healthy in 4 years and he's no longer a franchise altering talent. He'll be serviceable for another 2-3 years. Bosh will bolt Toronto for a bigger market. I'm not saying that market will be Miami, but he's out of there.

The only thing your doing is assuming. Thats it. You assume he wants a bigger market yet there is no indication that is even on his mind. He is beloved sports figure in Toronto and Canada for that matter. He has one of the best GM's in the league behind him, a rising star pg in Calderon and they just got Jermaine O'neal. Your assumption is just as bad as the person that started this thread.

Not to mention, he is coming back from a torn meniscus. Not a torn ACL or MCL. I have had the exact surgery he had, I had a severe torn meniscus because i cointinued to player varsity ball in university on it. It began with a slight tear and only got worse after a year of playing on it. It only got worse the more you played on it, the same thing happened to JO. This injury is one that can be recoverd from quite easily with simple Arthroscopic surgery on his knee which he had done. Hell it has been known to improve the quality of your knee and your ability to do more on the knee than you ever could.. This surgery makes for a speedy recovery and one that does not limit your comback attempt in the way in which Amare or Brand dealt with. I gurantee he comes back better than ever. Its not like he broke his legs or something and is trying to make an impossible recovery. Its simple knee surgery. 30-45 mins and you are out of surgery.. JO will really prove all you wrong next season.

avsman05
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
if the Raptors do not do anything for the next 3 years he will come to a team with a better city. Toronto is an awesome place but not much to do and its cold. i can see him in a place like New york or Brooklyn with Dwade or Lebron.

mariotubes
07-14-2008, 03:12 PM
for those of you who arent aware... toronto is a big market

mariotubes
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
and he wont go to a team with d wade or lebron, all of these players (including bosh) will command 20 million a season, if you think 1 team will spend 40 million on 2 players youve got issues... they would have to take big pay cuts for that to ever happen

Ramon Nivar
07-14-2008, 03:15 PM
if the Raptors do not do anything for the next 3 years he will come to a team with a better city. Toronto is an awesome place but not much to do and its cold. i can see him in a place like New york or Brooklyn with Dwade or Lebron.

Yes there is...

Anyway, Bosh is the face of basketball in Canada and IMO he isn't going anywhere.

Mile High Champ
07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
and he wont go to a team with d wade or lebron, all of these players (including bosh) will command 20 million a season, if you think 1 team will spend 40 million on 2 players youve got issues... they would have to take big pay cuts for that to ever happen

You make some good points. I dont see Wade, Bosh, Lebron sacaraficing that much money at this point. They all are very young and are in no need to take that pacut to win lile many veteran stars do later in their career in hopes of winning a title.

Ragun
07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Omg Really? No Way!

horry1ur
07-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Any links to this rumor of CB4 to Mia? I havent heard this anywhere

FromDallas
07-14-2008, 03:39 PM
I personally would love to see him come back to Dallas however I don't see any way the Mavs could pull that off. I wouldn't be suprised to see him end up with the Knicks once he's a free agent. Bosh's numbers would be off the charts in D'Antoni's system.

pauljames
07-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Toronto is a big market. If im not mistaken, Toronto is bigger than miami anyways.

avsman05
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes there is...

Anyway, Bosh is the face of basketball in Canada and IMO he isn't going anywhere.

i lived there for 6 months man i was bored and cold

kyomack
07-14-2008, 03:41 PM
bosh 2010 new york knick

pebloemer
07-14-2008, 03:43 PM

It is a good thing that you and Bosh are different people then. . .

Mile High Champ

hahah really, where did you live and what time of year, Could explain it all. Toronto's climate is no different to New york at all. Actually many parts of new york experience way more snow in the winter and colder temperatures.

SwaggaIke
I started a Raptor riot.

Halladay
07-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Since when is Toronto a small market? Do Americans not have a clue how big the greater Toronto area is?

pauljames
07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
if toronto was in the us it would be the third biggest city.

znick21
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM

umm have you heard of the boston celtics? the trio of garnett, allen, and pierce makes 60 mil. hell the combination of gasol, odom, and kobe costs over 50 million and both of these teams made it to the championship.

it's not like teams can't go over the salary cap, a lot of owners just don't want to pay luxury tax is all.

#1Mavericksfan
07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
where did this come from?...I never heard anything about Bosh going to the Heat.

blujaysrock
07-14-2008, 04:20 PM

thanks you for bringing this up, with JO and bosh i expect the raps to make it to thew NBA finals within the next 2 years so if they do that then bosh will come back.

CORY_RITCH
07-14-2008, 04:29 PM
everybody on this site swears they know everything yet none of you know ANYTHING you just love hearin yourselves talk, your your only fan.....im being absolutly serious quit trying to punk each other because you think your OPINION is cooler, none of you are professional sports analysts, your probably janitors,mailmen, and farmers, all of you shutup

IndiansFan337
07-14-2008, 04:36 PM
2010 is two years away....That is a LONG time in terms of the NBA. Two short years ago Jermaine O'Neal was considered one of the most valuable player's in the entire NBA. And now listen to what everyone is saying. So within these next two years a lot could change in favor or vice versa in terms of LeBron James, Chris Bosh, etc. staying with their current teams.

Johann
07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
your probably janitors,mailmen, and farmers, all of you shutup

no sir-e, i am not a janitor, mailmen or a farmer. those jobs arent even half bad tho... have you ever seen Newman, from seinfeld, hes on TV :D...

Musical Tempo
07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
The only way Bosh will leave Toronto is if they stop being a contender and go back into the rebuilding stage. Which clearly wont happen with BC as our GM.

As for him leaving to the heat is pretty whack statement especially since they have Beasley and they are the same time of player. Its to early to say Beasley is at the same level of Bosh but from what I'm reading on him from his summer league games it seems he is the top draft pick in the 08' draft.

JO'neil isnt the only guy on the Raptors line up with superstar/ all*star qualities, Toronto has Jose with more playing time he will only prove himself more to the other team in the NBA that he is a player to reckon with. Kapono is the best spot up shooter in the league.

In other words I doubt Bosh will leave Toronto in 2010 as long as they give him max money.

Musical Tempo
07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
no sir-e, i am not a janitor, mailmen or a farmer. those jobs arent even half bad tho... have you ever seen Newman, from seinfeld, hes on TV :D...

Yeah mailmen jobs are nice...my boy does it he finishes whenever he finishes his route which he can do in 2 hours if he pushes himself or 4 hours and gets paid 70g a year...I would do that in a heart beat plus you staying in shape...or you could do like 6 hours of work and put mail in office buildings, apt, condos and you just stand there and put mail and get paid a little more...Just because the jobs are look down upon they are better then working for a corporation which goes bankrupts and lays you off and you got no pension plan.

Go to the league or stay home and watch!!!!!

torontosports10
07-14-2008, 05:29 PM
umm have you heard of the boston celtics? the trio of garnett, allen, and pierce makes 60 mil. hell the combination of gasol, odom, and kobe costs over 50 million and both of these teams made it to the championship.

it's not like teams can't go over the salary cap, a lot of owners just don't want to pay luxury tax is all.

ummmm have you ever heard of trades. They would have to have about 40 million in cap space for that off-season. They cannot go over the cap signing free agents. The Celtics had cap space and Traded to get Allen and KG. That is a lot different then signing them as Free Agents. Gasol and Odom...came in trades.

rriders9
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I think it all depends on how good of a team the 2010 Raptors are.

Jonathan2323
07-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Chris Bosh will leave Toronto for sure in 2010. i just dont know where to

Afridi786
07-14-2008, 06:09 PM

wtf, is every good player going to go to miami?!?! If Rose becomes what everyone thinks he will, and tyrus doesn't develop, i think bulls got a shot at landing him....got hughes contract expiring than and i expect Hinrich/Nocioni to be moved for expirings by than.

znick21
07-14-2008, 06:16 PM
ummmm have you ever heard of trades. They would have to have about 40 million in cap space for that off-season. They cannot go over the cap signing free agents. The Celtics had cap space and Traded to get Allen and KG. That is a lot different then signing them as Free Agents. Gasol and Odom...came in trades.

the original quote was about how a team wouldn't spend 40 million dollars alone on 2 players in general. there was no reference to how the team acquired the players. now you could assume it would be through free agency but in order for that to happen there would probably have to be a sign and trade a la rashard lewis last year anyway. and btw the celtics had ZERO cap space when the traded for their players. they had to throw in theo ratliffs contract to make the garnett deal work and then szcerbiak for the allen deal. so before you go around looking for ways to be a dick about insignificant details you should actually make sure your dickness is justified.

just saying.

_Sn1P3r_
07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
The only reason he'd leave is if Raptors start sucking. That's why we got JO so we could win now and make the situation better for Bosh, which lures him to stay.

MiamiHeat
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
only time will tell

SwaggaIke
07-14-2008, 06:58 PM
wtf, is every good player going to go to miami?!?! If Rose becomes what everyone thinks he will, and tyrus doesn't develop, i think bulls got a shot at landing him....got hughes contract expiring than and i expect Hinrich/Nocioni to be moved for expirings by than.

Did I say he was going to Miami? Come on now. We're all educated on these forums, read. I clearly said "i'm not saying that market will be Miami." Goddamn.

CORY_RITCH
07-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Goddamn.

watch your mouth little boy

SwaggaIke
07-15-2008, 12:38 AM
watch your mouth little boy

And who are you? Kerr ***.