PDA

View Full Version : Why Marion? Why not trade Haslem

fairandbalanced
07-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Beasly is a Power forward, he is taller than Haslem, has capability to get as much rebounds and can score better. So I ask, why is Miami trying to trade Marion, instead of Haslem?

daleja424
07-14-2008, 02:32 PM
no one said anything about trading either...from the Heat's FO! The speculation on here is about marion b/c his contract is running out next year and we can get a lot better piece for him then Haslem...

IRUAM #21
07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Yea exactly the heat can get more for marion than haslem but i think both of them will be in a heat uniform next year

Jeff Boyd
07-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Yea exactly the heat can get more for marion than haslem but i think both of them will be in a heat uniform next year

Really dont think you guys need Beasley, Haslem and Marion

daleja424
07-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Really dont think you guys need Beasley, Haslem and Marion

we don't NEED them...but it cant hurt to have 3 starting caliber Forwards on your team...

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
marion's contract is up after this year and trading him will give us pieces we couldnt obviously obtain through free agency. his contract is bigger and he is a bigger name player than haslem so he'd attract more offers and we could get more in return than we would for haslem AND it helps our cap space more. haslem is a solid backup in my opinion. trading marion now will definitely have to include banks since we might sign lue soon..and marion could give either give us a starting center..pg or even another option at sf..could bring us a 1st round draft pick..another role player that i think we REALLy need.. AND saves us money as i said before. yea. no brainer. i'd trade marion before haslem anyday.

yboord028
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
like noturnormalhero said his contract is up after this year, and as well Marion by far and large is the bigger name people are looking for. I mean we traded shaq for him, and Haslem was an Undraft Free Agent who turned out good. So you will get more for Marion then Haslem.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Isn't it obviously he has a fatter contract and more trade value.

fairandbalanced
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM

How? Bench Haslem? or bench Beasly? It is impossible to keep both Haslem and Marion. the Heat need a starting center and a solid pg. Can't have 3 forwards starting. Dorell Wright will be a good sf.........trade both Marion and haslem.......let Wade, Beasly, Wright, and a center/pg grow a yr or 2 and they own the east.

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 05:48 PM
How? Bench Haslem? or bench Beasly? It is impossible to keep both Haslem and Marion. the Heat need a starting center and a solid pg. Can't have 3 forwards starting. Dorell Wright will be a good sf.........trade both Marion and haslem.......let Wade, Beasly, Wright, and a center/pg grow a yr or 2 and they own the east.

Yeah i agree with you 100 percent

ATX
07-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I like the depth that Haslem brings to the bench. I'd be just fine if we keep him. He's one of the last remaing players from the championship squad, and it's important to have veteran leaders who can help groom the youth. I want to keep Marion as well, at least till the trade deadline...Let's see what we've got first. We might be making a push of our own in the East with Marion.

greek miami hea
07-14-2008, 06:30 PM
i think haslem must stay!he will help us a lot!

daleja424
07-14-2008, 06:33 PM
KEEP THEM BOTH. I have proposed many trades involving both...but I really like the thought of just keeping this team and letting it work...

marlinsfan24
07-14-2008, 06:36 PM
I say keep both. I think were end up signing Marion longterm.

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
If I had to trade one it would most definitely be Haslem...I just like the idea of obtaining a young stud like Ellis or Smith which Marion can be swapped for...

Master Mind
07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
I say keep both. I think were end up signing Marion longterm.

I have a feeling that might happen too...

noturnormalhero
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
i say keep them both to see how things work out..if things dont pan out too well or we're totally out of contention for anything..then look to trade marion to a team on the west coast in need of another key player to make their own push into the postseason. at dat time they'd be so happy at the idea of obtaining a player of his caliber who know what they'd give up.

Diehardheatfan
07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
I say trade haslem for mo or try and obtain ellis for marion. Give wright a chance that cat is a stud

qbanheatfan
07-15-2008, 03:31 AM
Both players have been thrown out there in trade rumors but Marion just comes up more because he is a solid player and he has something alot of teams love: an expiring contract. Haslem's contract isn't too bad either but considering Haslem plays power forward 99% of the time he doesn't have as high a value as Marion who can play the 3 or 4 and has the defensive skills to guard 3 positions the 2, 3 and 4.

Chalmers, DWade and Beasley Heat turning around real quick, Lets go Heat!!!

mister freeze
07-15-2008, 04:15 AM
I say trade haslem for mo or try and obtain ellis for marion. Give wright a chance that cat is a stud

Now what sense does that make????...And Wright's been given plenty of chances, I don't know where you see the stud at?...:eyebrow:

Miami_Megatron
07-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Well i think if Miami could trade both players they would, but to answer you quetion

Marion is older
Marion is more important in a trade than Haslem whould be
Marion is prob the best SF in the NBA on OFF&DEF
Marion has already hit his peek

Haslem is ideal for a team in need of a DEF upgrade at PF
Haslem is younger and has not hit his peek yet

So there you go 4 to 2 Marion wins now lets trade his ***!!

Diehardheatfan
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Now what sense does that make????...And Wright's been given plenty of chances, I don't know where you see the stud at?...:eyebrow:

Patience is a virtue. He will close peoples mouths this year! Including yours. Hes a stud!!!! We need to get Mo!!!