PDA

View Full Version : marco... ballhanding

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Now im not saying that he should be the backup pg but i do think he has nice ball handling skills and does make some nice passes... whenever he is on the floor i think he will help in these areas most dont give credit for this .. i still think we need a backup pg but he can take some pressure off who ever is running point when he is on the floor

chunj22
07-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I think he can play PG if needed. When they scouted him before the draft 2 years ago, it said he could play both guard positions and has "top notch" ball handling skills...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/marcobelinelli.html

I still hope they can pick up Kyle Lowry from Memphis... nbadraft.net compared him to Tim Hardaway...

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/kylelowry.html

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
yea thats who i want too.. not sure how much we would have to give up tho

BigWheel
07-14-2008, 02:14 PM
All this talk of ballhandling and its about time we look at our team and realize we have some great position players that can handle the rock.

In that scenario a star PG is not as necessaary.

Bellinelli can pass
Stephen jackson was a main ball handler the last two years.
Anthony randolph shows handles
Monta - yah he can drive, dish and shoot whenever he wants
CJ Watson- seems to be running the summer league team well

there is some hope of a a good season and a few wins

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
yea thats what im saying if we are going to give monta 10 mil plus a year he has to become a pg... i know he is not going to be a pure pg... but i think he passes well enough and we have enough other guys on the team to handle tha rock... not one single guy is going to replace baron we have to do it as a squad...

babyshaq87
07-14-2008, 03:23 PM
marco for the nba is more a combo guard than a pure sg.. in italy was the purest sg we had.. yes he has passing skills and a good vision of the game but i don't know if he can handle the pressure.. i would give him minutes at 2 as the backup for captain jax and only if needed move him at pg .. if he had 25 minutes to play, he must stay at 2 for like 15-18 and at pg not more than 10 because i don't think he can handle the pressure to guard all star calyber of pgs..

Tmac416
07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
becuase of his shooting abitlity to score, he will never be a the full time back pg but he can be playmaker for us and handle the ball bring the ball sometimes. just cuz he can pass doesnt mean stick him at the back up pg. its ok to have your shooting gaurd pass. just be patient. were gonna get a back up pg

Thatruth32
07-14-2008, 04:33 PM
becuase of his shooting abitlity to score, he will never be a the full time back pg but he can be playmaker for us and handle the ball bring the ball sometimes. just cuz he can apss doesnt mean stick at teh abck up. its ok to hvae your shooting gaurd pass. just be patient. were gonan get a back up pg

exactly im in no way saying have him be our back pg just nice to have another ball handler on the floor with our 2nd unit

garlicboy
07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Very true all the ballhandlers and playmakers on our team will make it much easier for Monta to transition to the point.

I've compared this upcoming season's squad to the Mav's Post-Nash, except with much better ballhandlers and creators at other positions(Marco, Randolph, Jackson).

It seems as though team passing is discounted by many posters, instead opting for only 1 man to take the responsibility and set everyone up. Theoretically is seems much better to have a well-rounded passing teams so that a team can't focus on 1 guy and shutting down that guy or containing that guy.

The 02 Kings had perhaps the greatest passing team with Webber, Vlade and Doug Christie. And I hope we take a page from their book and learn how to share the ball, and strive for that type of team chemistry and ability in the passing dept.

Manila Hitman
07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Very true all the ballhandlers and playmakers on our team will make it much easier for Monta to transition to the point.

I've compared this upcoming season's squad to the Mav's Post-Nash, except with much better ballhandlers and creators at other positions(Marco, Randolph, Jackson).

It seems as though team passing is discounted by many posters, instead opting for only 1 man to take the responsibility and set everyone up. Theoretically is seems much better to have a well-rounded passing teams so that a team can't focus on 1 guy and shutting down that guy or containing that guy.

The 02 Kings had perhaps the greatest passing team with Webber, Vlade and Doug Christie. And I hope we take a page from their book and learn how to share the ball, and strive for that type of team chemistry and ability in the passing dept.

My sediments exactly. As long as we have of team that focuses on ball movement and running a true offensive set, then the focus on Monta being a Chris Paul type of point guard can come at a slower rate. Efficient offensive sets are initiated by creators, like Jack or Randolph. They can initiate offense by finding open men cutting to the basket or penetrating finding spot up shooters in the perimeter. Just look at Rajon Rondo. True, his is a legit point guard, but all he did was bring the ball up court and initiate offense to a creator like Garnett or Pierce. Monta brought the ball up court a majority of the times last year, even with Baron on the floor. The offense was initiated with either iso plays for Baron or pick and roll with Biedrins. When we had the Webber experiment, we played off of the high post. It was usually Monta taking the ball up court with him throwing an entry pass to Webber. He would cut and Webber would make the decision to pass it to him, take the ten footer, or restart the offense.

Lincoln Logs
07-15-2008, 01:43 AM
I could see Marco bringing the ball upcourt and starting a play sure. I said that before.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 01:50 AM
I have high hopes for Randolph, but the Webber signing provided huge insight.

If Nellie was desperate enough to sign a 1-legged, fat, Webber last year to add another playmaker, I can only imagine what Nellie is going to do with Anthony Randolph next year.

I can see Randolph playing every single position on the court. PG might be a stretch, but he can do it if say a guy like Brandon Roy or a lesser player like Earl Watson or John Salmons is playing PG. I can also see Randolph matching up with Centers Saer Sene, or any skinny undersized Center or PF. Nellie will sacrifice a bit on defense for the offenssive mis-match that Randolph brings to the table. I can't wait for the season to start.

AMC31
07-15-2008, 02:42 AM
I was watching one of the Warriors Summer League games and Belinelli and Randolph look like very solid players. Belinellis passes were sweet.

garlicboy
07-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Belinelli was just buried behind our plethora of guards, and he lacks defense.

Randolph looks like a mismatch waiting to happen. He didn't have his best game, but he's prototypical Don Nelson type player.

Thatruth32
07-15-2008, 11:01 AM
i cant wait for real hoops...

TrueFan23
07-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Belinelli was just buried behind our plethora of guards, and he lacks defense.
Randolph looks like a mismatch waiting to happen. He didn't have his best game, but he's prototypical Don Nelson type player.

The warriors don't play defense

ULT WARRIOR408
07-15-2008, 11:09 PM
HE IS A BACKUP 3-GUARD FOOL WHAT EVER YOU ARE SMOKING JUST SAY KNOW!!!!:smoking:

Tmac416
07-15-2008, 11:44 PM
hes a 2 guard, its no not know, and you should put it down

Fion
07-16-2008, 03:09 AM
this dude sure is crushing it in the summer league.