PDA

View Full Version : TT has USED Favre

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 12:43 PM
I asked this question to somebody in another thread. I want to see if anybody can answer it.

Name one polished veteran that TT has brought in on to help Favre and the offense, just one.

It's kind of like a riddle, but it is disgusting when you think about it. Because if you really put it in perspective, TT has never once thought about Favre. He has been building this team for Rodgers, and now after Favre has coddled TT's rookies,TT doesn't want him around anymore. Does anyone wonder why Favre was pissed about Moss??? Because TT hasn't brought in one ****ing veteran on offense in three years. I don't want to hear any 13-3 **** either, because that team wouldn't have won 8 games with Rodgers.

Warpy1981
07-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Last time I checked the WR's were not the problem last year. What free agents did you want? Most good teams keep their good players. I am truely sorry that TT didn't trade away the next 6 years worth of draft pics to bring in someone like LT. Do you understand the concept of team building? I surely don't want this team to end up like the 49ers that were so salary strapped they couldn't bend over without cutting somebody as a cap casulty.

I find this hero worship of Favre hilarious. He said when he "retired" that it was never about him and it was about everyone else. Does this latest round really seem like it's about the fans or the team? Or is this just another round of Favre needing his ego stroked?

I can believe it is incredibly difficult to leave something that has been part of you since you were 5 years old. But eventually everything ends. You have the choice to do it gracefully of to leave some bitter memories...

4favre4
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
He made Favre work with a bunch of ROOKIES regardless how good they are they are ROOKIES vets bring things a rookie can't.
James Jones did well but if we had Moss last year haha we would have been 19-0.
Jennings is great but he is just now entering his prime.
so Favre had only Driver to work with and TT did not give him Driver.
That being said now we have a great O in place but it's kinda funny Brett is retired when we get it. hmmmmmm

We could have got Moss for a 4th rounder and Favre told TT he would take a 3 million dollar pay cut for Moss and thats how much Moss was due so TT just had to say yes.
It was FREE.
I think we chose David Clowney with that pick. I think

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Last time I checked the WR's were not the problem last year. What free agents did you want? Most good teams keep their good players. I am truely sorry that TT didn't trade away the next 6 years worth of draft pics to bring in someone like LT.Do you understand the concept of team building? I surely don't want this team to end up like the 49ers that were so salary strapped they couldn't bend over without cutting somebody as a cap casulty.
I find this hero worship of Favre hilarious. He said when he "retired" that it was never about him and it was about everyone else. Does this latest round really seem like it's about the fans or the team? Or is this just another round of Favre needing his ego stroked?

I can believe it is incredibly difficult to leave something that has been part of you since you were 5 years old. But eventually everything ends. You have the choice to do it gracefully of to leave some bitter memories...

You are missing the point. I'm not saying TT should have gone crazy, or risked the future of the team by stapping the roster with a bunch of big name players' contracts. I'm not bringing up specific players either. I'm simply stating that he did not make one single notable acquistion on the offensive side of the ball in three years, NOT ONE!!! That doesn't even seem right to me, and it should make others wonder too. I don't think you can find another team in the NFL that has done this.

StickyGreenFan
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
You are missing the point. I'm not saying TT should have gone crazy, or risked the future of the team by stapping the roster with a bunch of big name players' contracts. I'm not bringing up specific players either. I'm simply stating that he did not make one single notable acquistion on the offensive side of the ball in three years, NOT ONE!!! That doesn't even seem right to me, and it should make others wonder too. I don't think you can find another team in the NFL that has done this.

and in 3 years he went 4-12, 8-8, and last season was 13-3 with a nfc championship appearence. he has also brought the packers back to being a contender. damn that thompson! i wish him and his family the worst!! i didnt like the fa non-aquisitions either but they seem to know what they are doing.

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 04:03 PM
and in 3 years he went 4-12, 8-8, and last season was 13-3 with a nfc championship appearence. he has also brought the packers back to being a contender. damn that thompson! i wish him and his family the worst!! i didnt like the fa non-aquisitions either but they seem to know what they are doing.

My point is that Favre had to coddle and develop those rookies along with the coaching staf, and now that they are ready TT doesn't want Favre around. You put any other QB in with the inexperienced roster that TT assembled, and those Win-Loss columns are going to change drastically, and I mean DRASTICALLY.

It's obvious, right from the fact that they want to retire his uniform week one, and even cut his locker out of the locker room and send it to him. I am surprised that some of you guys can't read between the lines. Seriously, what is TT going to say, "Yeah I don't want Favre around, I'm glad he retired, and how dare he **** this up for me." Nah, TT is trying to put the best PR spin on this that he can. He knows, and everyone else in football knows that TT was planning for the days after Favre, and he knew Favre would keep the team respectable enough to allow him to do that. Why do you think Steve Young was having such a fit when the drafted Harrell??? It's funny how the media and some fans are taking TT's side, yet every single football player that I have heard comment on it takes Favre's side.

Beermankk
07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I have read these forums here at prosportsdaily for years now. I enjoy the insight that others have but this issue finally made post a comment. First and foremost, I would have loved to see Brett as our starter this year and possibly one or two more. If the rumor is true that Favre backed out of coming back in March then Favre is the only one to blame. Iím a huge Favre fan but to me he has never been bigger than the team. I felt I had to post because I canít stand people like Twelvepack complaining about Ted Thompson. I donít love Ted and feel he take a chance on FAís sometimes but how can you argue with what he has done. If people want TT fired I guess we should fire Mccarthy too because he must not want Brett back too.
I love this quote from Twelvepack, ďHe(Brett) knows, and everyone else in football knows that TT was planning for the days after Favre.Ē, that is what a good GM should do for a QB is nearing the end of his career. Twelvepack, Iím sure you know a lot about football but I think your mancrush for Favre is showing here. The team got to the NFC Championship, not Favre. Iíd rather have him at the helm but he f***ed himself over this time.
Now all you veteran members of this board with thousands of post can gang up on me. Seeing that this is my first post Iím sure I donít know anything about Football.

Ryan Diesel
07-14-2008, 04:49 PM
All I know is one polished guard and maybe one polished S and we would have been much much better than we were, and probably would have made it further.

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 04:57 PM
I have read these forums here at prosportsdaily for years now. I enjoy the insight that others have but this issue finally made post a comment. First and foremost, I would have loved to see Brett as our starter this year and possibly one or two more. If the rumor is true that Favre backed out of coming back in March then Favre is the only one to blame. Iím a huge Favre fan but to me he has never been bigger than the team. I felt I had to post because I canít stand people like Twelvepack complaining about Ted Thompson. I donít love Ted and feel he take a chance on FAís sometimes but how can you argue with what he has done. If people want TT fired I guess we should fire Mccarthy too because he must not want Brett back too.
I love this quote from Twelvepack, ďHe(Brett) knows, and everyone else in football knows that TT was planning for the days after Favre.Ē, that is what a good GM should do for a QB is nearing the end of his career. Twelvepack, Iím sure you know a lot about football but I think your mancrush for Favre is showing here. The team got to the NFC Championship, not Favre. Iíd rather have him at the helm but he f***ed himself over this time.
Now all you veteran members of this board with thousands of post can gang up on me. Seeing that this is my first post Iím sure I donít know anything about Football.

It's funny to me that all of the current and former NFL players asked about this all say the same thing, "Brett has earned the right to do what he wants."

I never said I had a problem with TT looking to future, but god dammit, do you think he could have at least showed a little respect for Favre. Mancrush??? Now that is stupidity, and a shot at me. You are entitled to your opinion, but am I supposed to be ashamed for sticking up for a guy who has meant as much as Favre has to this organization over the past 16 years. They are treating the guy like he is a nobody, and that is bull****. Favre has been there hurt or not for the last 275 games straight, and that should count for something. So the guy made a mistake, TT can't forgive Favre??? Are you kidding me??? He wants Favre out, and that is how it is. Sorry, but I am calling it exactly like it is.

darwin31
07-14-2008, 06:28 PM

:clap:

socalpkrbkr
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM

Welcome to the feud! LOL Post count means nothing other than we spend a **** load of time in front of the CPU.

twelvePack
07-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Here is the second quote attributed to Favre: "Them moving on does not bother me. It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is you know I'm thinking about playing again. The 'itch' has been used. That is the word that has been used if you want to say itch, or the fire is coming back, or whatever. If I'm going to play it's going to be 100% commitment.... And so if you move on, you tell me one thing, don't come back and tell the public,... just say it. 'You know, we've moved on and we'll work with Brett on whatever it is.' Don't make up a lot of stuff or give half of the truth."

StickyGreenFan
07-14-2008, 07:46 PM
Here is the second quote attributed to Favre: "Them moving on does not bother me. It doesn't. I totally understand that. By me retiring March 3rd I knew that could possibly happen. All I was saying is you know I'm thinking about playing again. The 'itch' has been used. That is the word that has been used if you want to say itch, or the fire is coming back, or whatever. If I'm going to play it's going to be 100% commitment.... And so if you move on, you tell me one thing, don't come back and tell the public,... just say it. 'You know, we've moved on and we'll work with Brett on whatever it is.' Don't make up a lot of stuff or give half of the truth."

the only thing i dont like about this is the packers not releasing him. ok packers moved on and brett doesnt wanna be back up, thats fine, he has earned the right to be released and go to another team (whether its a good idea or not) and i think that the packers should show him that respect and let him do it. both sides of this are to blame and its sad to see all this happening

jamielove
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
my problem is the guy signed a contract, he has no right to request a release. im a huge fan of favre the football player but outside of that i think hes an a-hole. dont get me wrong i think TT is just as big an a-hole too, i also agree he could of made a run at a free agent or two. but favre has been talking about retirement longer than TT has been around green bay. you still want to play, come back and compete for the job and bust your *** to show your 100% commited otherwise retire and go ride your tractor because the pack is not gonna let you go without gettin something for it

darwin31
07-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I cant say that I blame you guys, but you are injecting too much emotion in your rationale behind this issue. The Packers are acting like an organization in control of the situation (becuase they are) and are acting in the best interest of their organization, regardless of how unpopular it is. I dont see how you can expect them to act any differently.

jetsfan28
07-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Hate to tell you, every player is used by every team

darwin31
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Hate to tell you, every player is used by every team

At this point, i starting to think that I have been used by Ted Thompson.

gbaypack31
07-15-2008, 01:46 AM

I know you're going to argue about this but Koren Robinson was a polished player when they signed him regardless of his status I named a polished receiver he added.

Ryan Diesel
07-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah polished as in drunk.

gbaypack31
07-15-2008, 01:57 AM
he was a probowler in minnesota

twelvePack
07-15-2008, 02:13 AM
he was a probowler in minnesota

WOW, you are really going out on a limb now. He didn't even play a full season, he also missed all of the camps, and was a year removed from the game completely. Polished??? He was rusty as hell.

Warpy1981
07-15-2008, 08:55 AM
how are you going to get polished vets to come in if favre keeps playing the "oh gee, maybe i'll play this year, maybe not" crap he's been playing for the last 5 years. No proven player wants to be around if the QB postion isn't 100% settled. If there is even a doubt that they may leave and the new player will get left holding the bag and be in a situation they don't want to be in they arn't going to sign. If Favre wanted proven vets he should have come out and said "I'm going to play X more years then I will be done" the organization could have made plans around him. It's not an easy thing to decide but it would have given them a definite timeframe. They may have not even picked up rodgers in the draft that year.

tcblaska
07-15-2008, 10:09 AM
The question really is not that difficult: Is the team better with Favre, or not? I don't believe they are better with Rodgers. Also, Rodgers has one more year left on his contract. How do we know he would even consider coming back to Green Bay after all of this is over, assuming he starts and Favre does not come back? That would basically mean that all of this B.S. went down for the QB of the future to play ONE YEAR. That is terrible. There are few guarantees in this game, but one is that Favre will play every Sunday, and another is that he will play harder than anyone on that field. He is the club's best option. TT has built a great team, but he needs to shelve his ego and do what is best for this franchise...and that is go and win a Super Bowl. Bring Favre back, and that becomes likely, especially in a weak NFC.

tcblaska
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Favre made it very clear that he would play if the organization would give him some viable weapons, and you are making this argument using Favre's outlook after the Pack limped to a 4-12 record in which Favre had nothing around him. You have things backwards. No veteran QB wants to be around an unsettled team. Either way, the team is now solid with young talent, and Favre wants back in. Are you saying that Rodgers should start because he's better? Or that he "deserves" it? Or that Favre can't play well anymore?

Warpy1981
07-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Favre made it very clear that he would play if the organization would give him some viable weapons, and you are making this argument using Favre's outlook after the Pack limped to a 4-12 record in which Favre had nothing around him. You have things backwards. No veteran QB wants to be around an unsettled team. Either way, the team is now solid with young talent, and Favre wants back in. Are you saying that Rodgers should start because he's better? Or that he "deserves" it? Or that Favre can't play well anymore?

bring favre back, have an open competition and the best player should play, whoever he is. no one should be handed a job they should have to work for it. If I can't do my job my boss would be getting rid of me for somebody who could in a heartbeat.

No elite player wants to play on a club that is not stable at key postitions and the focal point of the offense is the QB slot.

This also beggs the question don't you want people on the field who would want to play just to play even if they didn't have a loaded roster. Or has all of this been about stats and championships instead of "everybody else"?

gbaypack31
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
WOW, you are really going out on a limb now. He didn't even play a full season, he also missed all of the camps, and was a year removed from the game completely. Polished??? He was rusty as hell.

regardless you asked someone to name a polished player and I did :clap:

CubsFanBudMan74
07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
charles woodson was a polished player wasnt he?

hughest4
07-15-2008, 04:51 PM
charles woodson was a polished player wasnt he?

Yes, Charles Woodson was a very polished player when we brought him in but the whole point was a polished offensive player. I would hardly consider Koren a polished player when he was brought in. Since TT has been here he really hasn't brought in any good vets to help out Favre

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
It's funny to me that all of the current and former NFL players asked about this all say the same thing, "Brett has earned the right to do what he wants."

I never said I had a problem with TT looking to future, but god dammit, do you think he could have at least showed a little respect for Favre. Mancrush??? Now that is stupidity, and a shot at me. You are entitled to your opinion, but am I supposed to be ashamed for sticking up for a guy who has meant as much as Favre has to this organization over the past 16 years. They are treating the guy like he is a nobody, and that is bull****. Favre has been there hurt or not for the last 275 games straight, and that should count for something. So the guy made a mistake, TT can't forgive Favre??? Are you kidding me??? He wants Favre out, and that is how it is. Sorry, but I am calling it exactly like it is.

No, you're calling it like you wish it was because you cannot accept the fact that Favre has screwed up. He's the golden boy, never in the wrong. It's evil Ted Thompson and his scheming ways, trying to build a successful franchise! HOW DARE HE! He should have traded away draft picks to bring Favre veteran receivers, because the team somehow owes it to Brett Favre to get him another ring.

twelvePack
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
No, you're calling it like you wish it was because you cannot accept the fact that Favre has screwed up. He's the golden boy, never in the wrong. It's evil Ted Thompson and his scheming ways, trying to build a successful franchise! HOW DARE HE! He should have traded away draft picks to bring Favre veteran receivers, because the team somehow owes it to Brett Favre to get him another ring.

I'm saying either bring the guy back, or release him and be done with this. Favre has that clause in his contract where he is going to end up where ever he wants anyway.

As far as "How dare he!", yeah how dare TT tell Favre he can't play football anymore. I can see him telling Favre not with the Packers, but TT can't end his NFL career. Sorry, but if you retired from one company, and decided you were sick of sitting around the house, it's not up to that company to decide if you can ever work again. They might tell you your job is gone from their company, but they shouldn't be able to tell you that you can't look elsewhere.

meandering
07-17-2008, 08:57 AM
find it very interesting how blinded people can really be.....and I am not taking myself out of the picture either. Ill admit, I was just as blinded....the difference between me and most on this board......I am not sweeping dirt under my rug to ignore the mess I am in.
The Packers were at a crossroads after the Superbowl appearance against Denver. Ron Wolf was looking for greener pastures, Mike Holmgren wanted total control, and there were aging players and glaring needs.......we lost Wolf and Holmgren; somehow the Packers' awnsered all that with giving total control to Sherman. That is when our descent to the basement of the NFC started. I admire Sherman as a coordinator, maybe even a head coach.....but when it comes to evaluating talent and doing front office duties - well the history is already written.
TT was brought in to clean that mess up. He wasnt brought in as a consultant. He was not brought in as slient partner to Favre. If we are honest.......there are a lot of tough decisions to be made in the front office For every diamond in the rough.....you get 2 pieces of coal.....for every good signing, you always get the ******* getting arrested - or a torn ACL. Is Jolly and more goffier than Chmura? There are still those who believe Lofton was traded behind a situation involving forced oral sex....?!? Brown eating a hotdog at a vending stand in the middle of a game......was that really any different than Timmy Harris?
So you are telling me that we add Randy Moss to the 4-12 season.....and we look different? Because that was 2 years ago? A year after 4th and 26 right? Marco Riveria played 2 seasons since he left Green Bay.....stole money from the Cowbnoys - had another back surgery and retired. M Wahle is going to hius 3rd teams in as just about many years. Steve Marriuchi getting fired from 2 teams....when does a head coach EVER get an interview after being fired twice? When does your starting quarterback play GM.....because honestly, if this was another QB, I would be calling him a crying little *****.
Did anyone EVER believe R Moss would cross the state line? Because I didnt. The restraining order he got served against him before the Superbowl last year says it all. We are all smart and intelligent about our sports, our views get skewed according to emotion......General managers add players and FAs when they feel they are only a player away........or to add some insurance in a stretch or playoff run. Believe me.....we were not a Moss away from anything 2 years ago.
I said it a couple weeks ago. I believed then, as I do now - that there was tampering. I would have never guessed the ViQueens.........but it was apparent to me that he was not acting himself. He has had the attitude like he knew this was coming, and somehow the Pack would just cut him. Which brings me to my next question. When has a Quarterback of hiis caliber.....hell, when has a player of any position with his caliber just been cur or released outright? NEVER! He has 3 years left worth 39 mil. We have his rights. Does he not owe it to us to go about it the right way? 1 Contact Goodel/Packers 2. Report to camp 3. Prepare to go to AFC for obvious reasons. 4. Waive no trade clause ......As it stands now he is still retired, looking like he is just stirring up the pot. Vinny Testaverde has never just been cut......Ryan leaf gets cut. B Favre gets the bench or traded.....its really simple.
I watched Steve Young run Joe Montana out of town....Joe went quietly. I thought Kelly was a whining ***** ......really at the age of 39 I am trying to think of another example of what I am seeing from a future HOF.......and I struggle to find one. John Elway getting D Reeves fired was the closest I could come.......and this case is very similiar. I struggle to find any quarterback I respect that ever cried about the talent that was around him.....Michael Jordan hardly eveer cried about Bill Wennington....might have punched him a time or two-but complain? Publicly?No.I am sick of hearing Moss....hell ther arent 3 coaches in the league that even like the ****ing guy. Why stop there? Why didnt we go after LT from the Chargers. Or S Hutchinson from Seattle/Minnesota.....and D Freeney ....hell rather than draft. I propose we circle 6 or 7 high priced guys and FAs....and sign / trade for them. Anyone else seen what happened to San Franscisco? How long has Dallas been out of the playoffs? Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllo we are the Green Bay Packers....not the New York Packers.
Does Randy Moss play TE.....if he does let me know, I might change my mind. Last time I checked.....we have about 13 receivers.
Hejumped Javon Walker in regard to his contract issues/airing dirty laundry in public, he has told the orginization, "If you fire M Sherman - I might not come back.", I can still play at a high level but, the preperation is too much.....(somehow working out with the high school for the past 3 years doesnt take much effort). I am not playing just for the records.......I will let you know before the draft. I will let you know after the draft. I will let you know if I LIKE your draft. I am retired, but I can still play.
There is no doubt Favre is an awesome player.The only question that has ever been issued with Favre is regarding coaching/accountability. Holmgren nailed Farve on the changing plays in the huddle, drawing plays in the dirt, the interceptions....and recklessness. IMO all the coaches that have followed Holmgren have failed at that......UNTIL now. McCarthy will meet Favre on the field. Does anyone here think McCarthy would have watched with no emotion as Favre throws 6 interceptions in a NFC Championship game against the Rams.....without pulling him out of the game? I have personall witness 2 or 3 occassions where B Favre has crossed the line of scrimmage and looked clueless for his next move.......as he makes a forward pass against the ViQueens?!? He did it with the Bears too. So Brett might be a good option to get to the playoffs.........but as for winning them? He hasnt done it awhile. Seattle was the best case he had - and sorry, that was a TEAM effort. Anyone else have images of Joe Theisman and Lawrence Taylor? C Clifton and Warren Sapp? He will be 39 and he despite what is being said in this forum, he is not totally committed.....that could be a disaster.
Irregardless of what YOU guys think. What is going on right now is KILLING our locker room and our team. What is going on with players from different teams, and coaches from other teams trying to undermine the trade/free agency process.......coaches fraternizing with players (Campen)......that is all serious ****! I am afraid, the Favre that we thought was so different, and forever a Packer.......really is just as unstable....and as much of a Diva as some of the rest!

Did he bring his popcorn?

jwdaly07
07-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry dude, I am obviously on the "stay retired Favre" side of this, but the whole "we're killing the locker room" thing is BS. Fans totally exaggerate how much players really care about what goes on with their team in offseason. I sincerely doubt that the locker room is divided on this issue. I'm sure the players have moved on from Favre and are ready to start the season, but we have no idea what the locker room will be like because anything we hear is just stupid media speculation from people who mostly have never even played sports.

meandering
07-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Don Majkowski went quietly. Did he ever cry about losing his job to injury?

Joe Montana, Phil Simms, and the Majik Man are the only starting QBs I know of in my time that lost their jobs to injury.

Favre could grow up too...........

SamG187
07-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Don Majkowski went quietly. Did he ever cry about losing his job to injury?

Joe Montana, Phil Simms, and the Majik Man are the only starting QBs I know of in my time that lost their jobs to injury.

Favre could grow up too...........

But its not about growing up, its about wanting to play, and the only guy who even compares who u mentioned is Montana and that was because of the Steve Young feud..Don Majkowski didnt bring the Pack to the NFC championship the year before either, he had no choice but to go quietly

meandering
07-17-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry dude, I am obviously on the "stay retired Favre" side of this, but the whole "we're killing the locker room" thing is BS. Fans totally exaggerate how much players really care about what goes on with their team in offseason. I sincerely doubt that the locker room is divided on this issue. I'm sure the players have moved on from Favre and are ready to start the season, but we have no idea what the locker room will be like because anything we hear is just stupid media speculation from people who mostly have never even played sports.

It already affected Rodgers.......notice the comment in SI?
When our players are at the Espy awards.....does AJ Hawk sit with Brett or does he sit with Aaron? Does he avoid them both? The questions that were asked of AJ Hawk....was that fair?

It will have an affect.......my opinion I suppose - just an observation. I believe the vets back favre, and the rooks back Rodgers.....and the fact that has to happen at all - SUCKS!

Win the tampering case.....trade him TO the PurpleShitEaters.....for as much as we can get. Next year 4 gets handed out to Rodgers or Brohm.

2 times every year our guys get to put it on that little traitor *****

SamG187
07-17-2008, 09:48 AM
It already affected Rodgers.......notice the comment in SI?
When our players are at the Espy awards.....does AJ Hawk sit with Brett or does he sit with Aaron? Does he avoid them both? The questions that were asked of AJ Hawk....was that fair?

It will have an affect.......my opinion I suppose - just an observation. I believe the vets back favre, and the rooks back Rodgers.....and the fact that has to happen at all - SUCKS!

Win the tampering case.....trade him TO the Purple****Eaters.....for as much as we can get. Next year 4 gets handed out to Rodgers or Brohm.

2 times every year our guys get to put it on that little traitor *****

You see come on now, there you go again, what traitor? Ryan Longwell? Darren Sharper? cuz Favre said he would rather come back to the Pack but he isnt wanted..And it would make the Packers the biggest laughing stock of all of sports if we traded Faver to MN and they whooped us..And dont go saying that I'm saying A Rod is a flop and that I have no faith that the Packers can't do it with out Favre cuz I do think we can.We just can't risk embarrassment if we dont beat Favre..Were the best franchise in the world, we can't risk that

Dcup
07-17-2008, 10:42 AM
how are you going to get polished vets to come in if favre keeps playing the "oh gee, maybe i'll play this year, maybe not" crap he's been playing for the last 5 years. No proven player wants to be around if the QB postion isn't 100% settled. If there is even a doubt that they may leave and the new player will get left holding the bag and be in a situation they don't want to be in they arn't going to sign. If Favre wanted proven vets he should have come out and said "I'm going to play X more years then I will be done" the organization could have made plans around him. It's not an easy thing to decide but it would have given them a definite timeframe. They may have not even picked up rodgers in the draft that year.

The bottom line is, Favre DID go ask for players to be brought in or resigned. Thompson said he would, and then never did. The same goes with coaches, as with Steve Mariucci. Can you blame Favre for not being a little upset? He was basically pushed out the door, and then when he wanted to try and come back in good faith, the door was slammed in his face. So he turned the other cheek and said release me so I can go play somewhere. So now he is being slammed again by the brassass, Ted Thompson. Regardless of how this situation works out, you will see me at the Vikings Packers game the first week of the season wearing a shirt that says:
Front: FIRE TED THOMPSON
BACK: 3 STRIKES YOU'RE OUT
(LIAR,LIAR)

SamG187
07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
The bottom line is, Favre DID go ask for players to be brought in or resigned. Thompson said he would, and then never did. The same goes with coaches, as with Steve Mariucci. Can you blame Favre for not being a little upset? He was basically pushed out the door, and then when he wanted to try and come back in good faith, the door was slammed in his face. So he turned the other cheek and said release me so I can go play somewhere. So now he is being slammed again by the brassass, Ted Thompson. Regardless of how this situation works out, you will see me at the Vikings Packers game the first week of the season wearing a shirt that says:
Front: FIRE TED THOMPSON
BACK: 3 STRIKES YOU'RE OUT
(LIAR,LIAR)

Good Point, like I said before I think that TT is the BEST GM in the league for working the draft.He does it like none other, but I don't see why he is so opposed to picking up free agents.And like you said Favre lobbied for a couple people and he didnt get any thing..Look at Tom Brady, he asks for a player and they get him..And look at Jerry Jones..No matter how much I hate him and the cowboys I will admit he assembled a pretty good team by adding key free agents..A guy that we brought in for a visit last year that I was EXTREMELY disappointed that we didnt get was Justin Griffith the full back that went to Oakland..Would have been a key guy cuz I consider him one of the top 3 FB in the league but still didnt pull the trigger

Berg1387
07-17-2008, 10:53 AM
"Hejumped Javon Walker in regard to his contract issues/airing dirty laundry in public..." (Meandering, Post)

Right on! Can anyone actually argue with this point? If you can I am interested in hearing what you have to say.

Grigbay Packer
07-17-2008, 10:55 AM
meandering - Great Post

jwdaly07 -I agree with your retort as well about it not killing the locker room.

Sherman drove the franchise into the ground and put us in a horrible situation. You have to applaud TT (and andrew brandt)for turning the business side around. We are solid Capwise and age-wise. I think TT has built a solid foundation that the Pack can build on.

While TT was doing his thing he should have paid more attention to the O-Line when we lost Rivera and Wahle. Wahle was solid back then and while I think it was smart to loose Rivera, we should not have lost Wahle. In regards to Moss, We could have got him cheap and it would have had a great impact. TT was luckly that the receivers turned out as they did and that DD came back from a few of those injuries he had (falling on his head, etc) It could have been alot worse.

I personally cant see this dividing the locker room. There may be players that take sides to a particular issue but I dont see this situation being one that would cut to deep. Had Favre said in March that he wanted to play and stayed with that, and then TT and MM said no, you would have a different story.

This is almost like one of those books with multiple endings. People were actually getting ready for Packer Football after Favre and were curious to see what Roders was going to do. After all, we had no choice, Favre retired...

Now there is a glimmer of hope that Favre comes back. I for one can see both sides pretty clear.

Two sides:

1: Yes, I would like Favre to come back, for next year but where does that leave us in 09?

2: Yes, the Packers are a talented young team and could grow with Rodgers for years to come, but what about 08. We have the potential now and should strike while the iron is hot.

Berg1387
07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Everyone keeps mentioning the Moss deal. I really need to ask everyone: Do you really want that guy on your team? If you think Favre is looking for attention, grabbing Moss would have been a rude awakening. He is athletic, but also one of the biggest disruptions in the locker room.

As far as TT goes: I see a lot of similarities between him and Ron Wolf. Wolf went out and immediatily built up our defense. We had a great d-line, good Linebackers, and great d-backs. TT has built our defense through the draft and we have a bunch of young guys who can hit. Offensivily, if Rodgers turns out to be a pro-bowler (hypothetical situation so hear me out), we will look back at this 10 years from now and say, "I can't believe how smart that guy is. He built a great young defense and then drafted an outstanding qb with a great offense."

I think it is too early to criticize TT because everything he is doing now won't show until 5 or 10 years down the road.

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 11:05 AM
He didn't look like much of a distraction last year. Unless your distracted by like 30 TDs

Berg1387
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
His attitude would have never fit in Green Bay. That is all I'm saying. I guess your answer to the question then would be 'yes' huh?

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Sure fits New England.

SamG187
07-17-2008, 11:21 AM
His attitude would have never fit in Green Bay. That is all I'm saying. I guess your answer to the question then would be 'yes' huh?

Who says he has such a HORRIBLE attitude all the time? Minnesota has had a bunch of scandals worse than Moss ever had and Oakland is Oakland..Who the hell doesnt have an attitude on those two teams?

Ryan Diesel
07-17-2008, 01:13 PM
If I was a HOF type of player and I was stuck in Minnesota most of my career, I'd have a pretty bad attitude too. Don't get me wrong, I hate Randy Moss with a passion. But that is mostly because he's not on the Packers. I never thought he was washed up after his stay in Oakland, but he's better than he's ever been right now. Brady is really good, but a WR like Randy is tailor made for a QB like Favre. I think the reason Favre wanted Moss so bad is because at this stage in his career, he doesn't know how long his body can still play at a high level. With Moss, he knew he could have played another two to three years easy. The guy just wants to play, TT has just wanted to move on since the day he got here.

Grigbay Packer
07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
If I was a HOF type of player and I was stuck in Minnesota most of my career, I'd have a pretty bad attitude too. Don't get me wrong, I hate Randy Moss with a passion. But that is mostly because he's not on the Packers. I never thought he was washed up after his stay in Oakland, but he's better than he's ever been right now. Brady is really good, but a WR like Randy is tailor made for a QB like Favre. I think the reason Favre wanted Moss so bad is because at this stage in his career, he doesn't know how long his body can still play at a high level. With Moss, he knew he could have played another two to three years easy. The guy just wants to play, TT has just wanted to move on since the day he got here.

Not only that but the only distraction would have been for the defense to decide if they were going to cover DD, Moss or Jennings... Either way it would have instantly helped the running game and passing game. Yes, Jones is a potentially great receiver, however, Moss would have been worth the 3rd round pick that we used on Jones...

junior_trane
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
This whole situation stinks and the fact that it has fans facing off against EACH OTHER is even worse.

Favre earned his love from fans by winning games.

Thompson has built a team that has improved and won more and more games. Where is his love? He will never get any. It is the nature of his job and he knows it.

No matter what comes out in the media, Packers brass will do what is right when the time comes for them to make a decision.

Bottom line is this: Brett Favre is retired and has no intentions of filing for reinstatement anytime soon. Until he files the paper work, this is a non issue.

Let's support the Packers training camp battles and signing of rookies and Ryan Grant.

STARRMAN
07-17-2008, 04:29 PM
lets see what everybody sez when on week 6 the starting qb will be brian B.!!!