PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Jason Schmidt should feel ashamed of himself?

310Casper
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I honestly don't understand this guy. 3 years at 47 million and he's pitched a grand total of like 5 games for us in almost 2 years, and he'll most likely never pitch another game for us ever again.

5 games at 47 million, thats 9.4 million PER GAME. And he had a 1-4 record too lol.

I don't see how this guy has the cajones to even show up at dodger stadium and show his face. Same goes for Ned.

He's been getting SHELLED in the minor leagues these past few rehab starts. Imagine what major league batters would do to him. :cry:

What a waste. According to Ned, this guy was supposed to be our "Ace", just like Andruw was supposed to be our much needed "power bat".

If i were him, I'd feel very guilty and at least tell dodger management to release him this offseason and not collecting his last years pay from his contract. How can this guy look in the mirror every morning and not turn himself into authorities for theft? He's going down as one of LA's greatest thieves, right next to Mitch Cupcake.

BlueZoo
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Whether he feels ashamed or not, he's still gonna $ 47M to get over it with on some tropic island whenever he wants to. or whatever.
It's Ned Colletti that should feel the pain...for Schmidt and all the other abominations he's completed for this floundering team.

EKdodgr23
07-14-2008, 12:32 PM
come on, he got injured. im sure hes not happy his career is basically over and he cant go out and help his team win....but its not like he purposley got hurt or is just sitting back collecting a check. hes rehabbing and trying to come back. sometimes **** happens.

look at driefort. hes anotherone who gets too much hate. drief woulda been a great one if he could only stay healthy. he worked his *** off to recover and pitch again every single time though.

NomarsOnlyHR
07-14-2008, 02:53 PM
come on, he got injured. im sure hes not happy his career is basically over and he cant go out and help his team win....but its not like he purposley got hurt or is just sitting back collecting a check. hes rehabbing and trying to come back. sometimes **** happens.

look at driefort. hes anotherone who gets too much hate. drief woulda been a great one if he could only stay healthy. he worked his *** off to recover and pitch again every single time though.

I agree about Dreifort- I had friends who worked with the Dodgers during Dreifort's time there and by all accounts, they never saw anyone work harder rehabbing than he did. He just had a bum shoulder and bad luck.

I don't blame Schmidt either, the fault lies with Coletti if in fact, reports that his shoulder was mush before he even came here.

EKdodgr23
07-14-2008, 03:04 PM
well look at his season before we signed him

same thing with Jones. the guy was in a contract year and still put up garbage #s compared to what he was used to...and NEd thought THAT would be our savior???

CAIN=FUTURE
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Another undercover Giant.

BlueMouse
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
No.

Schmidt shouldn't feel ashamed for working his *** off to become one of the top pitchers in MLB. He got the contract because of what he did before we signed him. And by all accounts, he earned it. He can't feel bad that he got hurt.

If he cheated somehow then he should feel ashamed. If he used steroids or conspired with others to cover up an injury before signing with us, he should feel ashamed. Otherwise, no.

Many are going to jump on you for suggesting he turn down 15+ million dollars. That would be flat out crazy. If he really feels bad, and thinks he doesn't deserve the money, then he should give it to charity. The Dodger organization knows the risks and are big enough to take the hit. The Dodgers deserve the money less than Schmidt, afterall they signed the contract too.

jlshand
07-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Was this post necessary? Why would you suggest Schmidt or any other player would be happy about an injury? And why would you respond to someone who happened to quote an earlier post of yours that he was "creepy"??

310Casper
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Was this post necessary? Why would you suggest Schmidt or any other player would be happy about an injury? And why would you respond to someone who happened to quote an earlier post of yours that he was "creepy"??

Dont be butthurt over your closed thread. And to answer your question, why wouldn't I? :confused:

You must be about 10 years old, so I'll just lay off.

BlueMouse
07-14-2008, 07:43 PM

I like being called creepy ... it adds to my mystique.

The truth is that I've been stalking Casper since he first entered our pressence. It's just a thing I do. Can't help it. :D

jlshand
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
And he thinks I'm ten years old!

G 304
07-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I think the Jason Schmidt should give the Dodgers money back!!!
He Robbed us and Dodgers doctor who examine Jason should be
fired too.

DodgerFan4Life
07-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I honestly don't understand this guy. 3 years at 47 million and he's pitched a grand total of like 5 games for us in almost 2 years, and he'll most likely never pitch another game for us ever again.

5 games at 47 million, thats 9.4 million PER GAME. And he had a 1-4 record too lol.

I don't see how this guy has the cajones to even show up at dodger stadium and show his face. Same goes for Ned.

He's been getting SHELLED in the minor leagues these past few rehab starts. Imagine what major league batters would do to him. :cry:

What a waste. According to Ned, this guy was supposed to be our "Ace", just like Andruw was supposed to be our much needed "power bat".

If i were him, I'd feel very guilty and at least tell dodger management to release him this offseason and not collecting his last years pay from his contract. How can this guy look in the mirror every morning and not turn himself into authorities for theft? He's going down as one of LA's greatest thieves, right next to Mitch Cupcake.

When the mirror is lined with diamonds and his ****ter is pure gold. Thats how.

AZDodgersFan
07-15-2008, 01:39 PM
So what you are saying is that if YOU get hurt while working at your job, YOUR employer has the right to not pay YOU for getting injuried. Great idea, now ever employer in the country can start doing that! OOPS, that is a violation of Federal Law and they can be sent to prison for doing just that.

No, Schmidt job is to get healthy and join the team when he is healthy.

Mr Blue
07-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Whether he feels ashamed or not, he's still gonna $ 47M to get over it with on some tropic island whenever he wants to. or whatever.
It's Ned Colletti that should feel the pain...for Schmidt and all the other abominations he's completed for this floundering team.I never fault the player for taking the money, but always the team for not doing the due diligence before offering the money. In Schmidt's case, the warning signs were out there but we ignored them and pressed on. We also passed on Rowand, who is earning his money up North. Same with Jones, our belief being that getting older while declining in production was just a coincidence. BTW, both of these guys were acquired from basket-case teams that were more than happy to see them go.

As I've said many times before, until Frank/Ned/Conte start sending FAs to Kerlan/Jobe or Dr. James Andrews, instead of the Free Clinic, we will continue to blunder our way down the FA trail. Right on, BLue M:clap:

Mr Blue
07-15-2008, 04:45 PM

look at driefort. hes anotherone who gets too much hate. drief woulda been a great one if he could only stay healthy. he worked his *** off to recover and pitch again every single time though.+1 on Double D, EK:clap:

SportsFan1988
07-15-2008, 07:13 PM
No, well I mean yeah, he disappointed a lot of fans, but it's not like he did it purposely, so no.

J-Rodzilla
07-15-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm sure Schmitt didn't plan on going out onto the field & getting hurt then kick back & say pay me beyoches. It frustrating to see this happen, but what can you do. It just the roll of the dice with any player in the league, U never know when they will get hurt.

IBleedBlue15
07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
If I was being paid 9.4 M a game, I wouldn't be ashamed of myself.

nme
07-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Just echoing other's and my own sentiment: Ned worked FOR THE GIANTS. Schmidt came FROM THE GIANTS. The fact that Ned couldn't get a detailed enough medical report on Schmidt from the team that had employed them both indicates either just how incompetent or just how corrupt Ned is. Take your pick.